Story Poster
Photo by Twitter / Jaxson Moi
Cal Football

Cathedral Catholic DE Jaxson Moi Keeps the Bears Hot With His Commitment

June 8, 2021

The Bears stayed hot on the recruiting trail after reeling in their second commitment this week following a successful official visit weekend where they hosted recruits for the first time since early spring ball 2020.

Cathedral Catholic (San Diego, CA) DE The 6-3/260 defensive end Jaxson Moi‍ was the next to pull the trigger, cancelling his upcoming Oregon visit and committing to Cal. The 4 star (80 grade ESPN) high 3 star (89 grade on 247) DE has been an early high Cal target with his size, motor, character and academics with his 4.2 gpa.

The Bears were in on the all-state player early but the talented 3 star DE continued to see offers roll in, including USC, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Michigan and more but the relationship between Moi and Cal DL coach Andrew Browning and the Cal staff stayed strong throughout the process.

“I’m happy,” said Moi of his commitment. “Early on I was excited about Cal and I knew they were excited about me but just getting on campus and getting to know the players and coaches, I really got to feel that true genuine feeling that they wanted what’s best for me at heart.

“This is where I want to be. I’m 100% all in so this is going to be my future. I’m excited.”

His interactions with his future teammates and time on campus also helped solidify his decision to be a Bear. 

“The players there are great guys,” said Moi. “They kept it real, telling me all the things they like and some of the challenges. At the end, they told me there’s not place they’d rather be. Just the type of people they are and the type of people Cal recruits, they’re great people who value more things in life than just football.

“Everything Cal has to offer is just awesome. The environment -I love the campus. I loved it as soon as I got to drive around it and I really got to appreciate it in person. My parents are all for my decision.

“I’m excited. Let’s go!”

Earlier Moi talked about his relationship with Browning and the role it played in his recruitment.

“Coach Browning’s a great dude,” said Moi. “I always enjoy our conversations. I’m just really excited about the future of Cal football. So excited to build the potential with them.

“I like how we talked on the phone several times before they offered me. It’s great that they want to build a relationship before offering me, trying to get to know me as a person. I really appreciated that.”

On the field, Moi brings the type of energy that’s infectious to his teammates.

“I’d describe myself as a high-motor guy, who’s always going to get after the ball,” said Moi. “I’d say I’m pretty advanced technique-wise. I show a lot of heart. I’m just a guy who’s not going to be selfish. I’m a team player. I’d say I’m pretty vocal on the field. I’m really loud guy on the field. I’m a really high-energy dude and I let it be known.”

Stay tuned for more highlights of the first OV weekend from other recruits coming up...

More stories:

4 Star St. John Bosco DE Nate Burrell Makes the Call For Cal

2022 Cathedral Catholic DE Jaxson Moi Talks About Cal Offer

Discussion from...

Cathedral Catholic DE Jaxson Moi Keeps the Bears Hot With His Commitment

6,160 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dimitrig
irvinebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congrats, Jaxson!

Our D-line is looking scary!!!
Bubba_Bear84
Whoo! This DL is loaded. Welcome to Berkeley and best of luck Jaxson!
LACalFan
Welcome, King

Goobear
That is terrific. Welcome on board Jaxson. Wishing you nothing but the best of success on and off the field.
Oski87
Great Choice! You are going to love it!
Big C

Wecome to the Cal Family, Jaxson. We can't wait to cheer for you, LIVE AND IN PERSON!!!

Go Bears!
burritos
Hell ya boi!
BearForce2
Good size for a DE. Moi and Burrell!
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
philbert
Great 40 year decision! Can't wait to see you terrorize QBs and RBs.
FloriDreaming
Awesome recruiting job by the Cal staff!

Welcome new Bears commits!
dimitrig

The D-line is looking good!

"This is where I want to be. I'm 100% all in so this is going to be my future. I'm excited."

Go Bears!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.