La Times: Usc and Ucla will welcome full capacity crowds to football games

1,402 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by oskidunker
Chabbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now, will Cal?
oskidunker
I would imagine so.cal still waiting on what The City of Berkeley will allow. Dont expect anything from them except hand wringing for the foreseeable future.
ColoradoBear
Seems quite optimistic.

I predict UCLA will welcome 50% capacity crowds.
wifeisafurd
There is a strong possibility Cal will have no limits imposed on capacity, but won't know that for a while. That doesn't speak to masks, food access, etc. There may be rules. So be it, I'm going if California continues its current low C-19 rates.
oskidunker
wifeisafurd said:

There is a strong possibility Cal will have no limits imposed on capacity, but won't know that for a while. That doesn't speak to masks, food access, etc. There may be rules. So be it, I'm going if California continues its current low C-19 rates.
Not going if masks required. Cant sit therefor 5 hours that uncomfortable. Too old. But if I were younger, I would do it.
BearForce2
oskidunker said:

wifeisafurd said:

Not going if masks required. Cant sit therefor 5 hours that uncomfortable. Too old. But if I were younger, I would do it.

There are ways around this.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
dmh65
Not going if masks required or if vaccination passport is required. Am for sure going if they're not.
AunBear89
Not a real picture, but another photoshopped knee slapper from the chronically unfunny Babylon Bee.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
GivemTheAxe
oskidunker said:

wifeisafurd said:

I have attended games at Memorial in wind, heavy rain, smoke and dark of night (this refers to the terrible potable lights that were used before the renovation of CMS)
I am 75 years old and will attend all home games that we are permitted to attend regardless of any requirements that might be required to protect us from COVID.
Am I "virtue signaling"?
Heck no!
I am signaling my Cal spirit
LunchTime
GivemTheAxe said:

oskidunker said:

wifeisafurd said:

I have attended games at Memorial in wind, heavy rain, smoke and dark of night (this refers to the terrible potable lights that were used before the renovation of CMS)
I am 75 years old and will attend all home games that we are permitted to attend regardless of any requirements that might be required to protect us from COVID.
Am I "virtue signaling"?
Heck no!

If there is a significant risk of COVID for me (vaxxed) when the season starts that cant be managed through my own choices, no one should be going to games at all.

If there isnt a risk of COVID for me (vaxxed) when the season starts, there is no reason to wear a mask that isnt virtue signaling science denying religious zealotry nonsense.
GivemTheAxe
oskidunker said:

wifeisafurd said:

I attended games at memorial in wind, heavy rain, smoke and dark of night (this refers to the terrible potable lights that were used before the renovation of CMS)
Am I "virtue signaling"?
No.
Ooops. Maybe that is Off Topic on his board ;-)
oskidunker
GivemTheAxe said:

oskidunker said:

wifeisafurd said:

Am I "virtue signaling"?
Heck no!
Good for you!
MathTeacherMike
ColoradoBear said:

Seems quite optimistic.

I predict UCLA will welcome 50% capacity crowds.
so their stands will be more packed than usual?

oskidunker
It would be difficult to do the fucla wave
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.