Story Poster
Photo by Twitter / Jaydn Ott
Cal Football

4 Star RB Jaydn Ott Commits to Cal

July 2, 2021

4 star Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV) RB Jaydn Ott‍ became the ninth Cal 2022 commit with the 5-11/195 running back announcing his commitment to Cal via Twitter today. Ott made the call for Cal while visiting family in his former home state of California.

The former Oregon commit completes a super-talented backfield class for 2022, joining previous Hamilton, Ohio RB commit Kaleb Johnson‍ to form a talented tandem after taking no running backs in 2021.

Besides Cal and Oregon, the Bishop Gorman RB had offers from Georgia, Nebraska, Purdue, UCLA, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Arizona State, OSU and more.

Ott is rated a 4 star (5.8) and the #18 RB in the nation with Rivals and a 4 star (90) and #25 back overall with 247.

http://instagr.am/p/CQ2AqojLSZZ?utm_source=ig

Ott and his family took an official visit midweek last week and it was a hit with him, his mom and siblings.

“It was a great first experience,” said Ott. “That was my first official visit.

“I really enjoyed myself on that trip. Everyone there was really personable there. They kept everything real with me. Akili Calhoun‍ was my host. He was cool.”

The talented RB brought along his whole family, including his four sisters and mom.

“They loved it there,” said Ott. “I don’t plan on taking any trips without them.”

Instagram / Jaydn Ott

On the trip, Ott also had the opportunity to get a good feel for what student life would be like at Cal.

“The trip wasn’t just all about football,” noted Ott. “We did a lot of meetings about life after ball and school and setting up gameplans for both school and football. It was like 50/50 -50% football and 50% life after ball.

“The showed my how they have over 315 subjects you can study and they went over different options I’d have if I had any interest or additional things I might want to consider if I was interested in certain subjects. That was pretty cool.”

As a freshman, Ott ran for over 1,000 yards and 13 tds on varsity with Norco High School in SoCal before moving to Las Vegas his soph season. 

Ott’s connection with Cal running backs coach Aristotle Thompson and the current Cal players was also a draw for the speedy RB, originally from the Pomona area.

“Coach AT’s cool,” said Ott. “We have the SoCal connection and we get along really well. We have really good chemistry.

“The players were really cool, too. It felt like I was already on the team. They treated me well.”

Stay tuned for more on Ott’s commitment.

Discussion from...

4 Star RB Jaydn Ott Commits to Cal

10,581 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rkt88edmo
stanfurdbites
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hooray! Love those pictures in the article
stanfurdbites
Feels like a soft commit tho if this is his first visit and he's going to take all his others?
MoragaBear
Staff
stanfurdbites said:

Feels like a soft commit tho if this is his first visit and he's going to take all his others?
Quote from the other day just edited out. I doubt he'll take any more visits.
Goobear
Welcome to Cal Jaydn. Wishing you nothing but the best of success on and off the field. Go Bears!
Big C

Welcome to the Cal Family, Jaydn! Go Bears!!!
philbert
Welcome to Cal! You've made a great 40 year decision. Looking forward to seeing you break some long TD runs!
89Bear
Outstanding pick up!!! Excited to see him suit up!!!
BearForce2
stanfurdbites said:

It was love at first sight. When you know, you know.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
GivemTheAxe
BearForce2 said:

stanfurdbites said:

Am interested about the circumstances of his recommitment from UO.
Just found a better school?
Just found coaches he liked better?
Other?
FireFighterBest
Amazing news!! Welcome Jaydn!!
WalterSobchak
GivemTheAxe said:

BearForce2 said:

stanfurdbites said:

Other?

Also Google Jaydn Ott re-opens recruitment
MoragaBear
Staff
WalterSobchak said:

GivemTheAxe said:

BearForce2 said:

stanfurdbites said:

Other?

Honestly, that Ott tweet should be the conversation ender on the why did he decommit questioning.
calftball
Kind of looks like OJ the way he carries the ball. Big strides, fast and makes quick cuts... He's going to be a factor, no doubt
NVBear78
Congratulations and welcome to Cal, 40 year decision!!

Go Bears!
GivemTheAxe
MoragaBear said:

WalterSobchak said:

GivemTheAxe said:

BearForce2 said:

stanfurdbites said:

Other?

Good Answer.

Honestly, that Ott tweet should be the conversation ender on the why did he decommit questioning.
GivemTheAxe
GivemTheAxe said:

MoragaBear said:

WalterSobchak said:

GivemTheAxe said:

BearForce2 said:

stanfurdbites said:

Other?

Good Answer
burritos
4d chess playa.
FloriDreaming
Welcome!! Another great get by the Cal coaching staff. Shaping up to be a really nice class.

Go Bears!!
rkt88edmo
hell yes Jaydn - looking forward to seeing you tear up the grid!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.