Story Poster
Photo by Instagram / Jackson Brown
Cal Football

Brown Stays Local With Commitment to Cal

August 30, 2021

6-6/280 San Ramon Valley (Danville, CA) High School offensive tackle Jackson Brown‍ received one of the first of his 25 offers from Cal after a strong spring junior season on the field and now becomes Cal’s 13th addition to their 2022 recruiting class with his commitment today to Cal.

Brown announced his commitment to Cal via Instagram livestream today in front of the SRV gym. Brown thanked his coaches, teammates, friends and family, especially his mom, noting that he’s sure his father is watching down on him, too.

http://instagr.am/p/CTNe5a9BZB4?utm_medium=copy_link

From the beginning, Brown’s connection to Cal and OL coach Angus McClure and a pair of current Bears was strong, keeping the Bears at the forefront of the 3 star OT’s recruitment after they offered in April and taking his official visit the first weekend of June.

Ashton Hayes / Instagram
Brown (right) with fellow official visitors Curlee Thomas, Nate Burrell and Ashton Hayes

After his offer, Brown noted: 

“He’s been awesome with me and my mom,” said Brown of McClure. “He talks to my mom all the time, touching base with her. And he’s been great with me. He believes in me. He trusts me. He’s a really good coach and I can’t wait to keep building a relationship with him and the program.”

Brown also has some connections through fellow players and family friends -redshirt frosh preferred walk-on OL Colin Moroney and greyshirt frosh inside linebacker Nate Rutchena‍.

“I was a sophomore and got pulled up when Colin was a senior and we’ve been family friends with him since forever,” said Brown. “His younger brother’s on my team and he says he loves it at Cal and can’t wait to get his chance for some playing time.”

“Nate’s a family friend of ours, too,” said Brown. “At Monte Vista, man...he was so good. He was one of the best players in the Bay Area. He’s super smart. He’s going to be a big-time player.”

Brown becomes the 13th commitment to the Cal class in 2022, joining fellow OL Sioape Vatikani‍, QB Justyn Martin‍, RBs Jaydn Ott‍ and Kaleb Johnson‍, WR Jaiven Plummer‍, TE Nick Morrow‍ on offense and DEs Nate Burrell‍ and Jaxson Moi‍, DT Damonic Williams‍, OLBs Nunie Tuitele‍ and Curlee Thomas‍ and CB Cameron Sidney‍.

The Bears beat out Brown’s father’s alma mater Pitt, Tennessee, Virginia, Minnesota, WSU, Colorado, Arizona and more for Brown’s services, with 25 offers in all.

Related:

Bears Offer Local OL Jackson Brown

Brown Impressed on His Visit to Cal

Discussion from...

Brown Stays Local With Commitment to Cal

7,087 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by heartofthebear
LACalFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big get for Cal!

Welcome, Jackson Brown.
UrsineMaximus
Plays with a bit of nasty.
DLSbear
YES! Staying home! Congratulations Mr. Brown!
chazzed
Very nice! Good luck in Berkeley, Jackson Brown.
LACalFan
Goobear
Jackson welcome to Cal! Wishing you the best of success on and off the field! Go Bears!
Big C

Jackson Brown, we're really glad you've decided to come to Cal! GO BEARS!!!
calumnus
Go Bears!
89Bear
Awesome addition!!!!
NVBear78
Welcome to Cal, glad you will be a Bear. Excellent lifetime decision Mr. Brown!
philbert
Welcome to the Golden Bears fam!
91Cal
Welcome to the family, Jackson!

Go Bears!
bonsallbear
Now go get yourself some top dog!
calbear80
Mr. Jackson Brown, glad that you have decided to be a Golden Bear. You will be getting a world class education and competing at the highest level of college Football.

I am specially glad that you chose Cal because I used to live not far from your high school in San Ramon/Danville (great places to live and raise a family).

Go Bears!
heartofthebear
Hey Jackson, "Doctor my eyes have seen the years and the slow parade of tears without crying you must help us if you can". This line from another Jackson Browne pretty much sums up what it is like for us fans. Looking forward to having you here. And congrats!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.