We have been gifted Aaron Rodgers greatness on Xmas day

14,997 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Econ141
hanky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

Rodgers is an independent thinker and you 'expert' lovers can't stand it.

Dramatic turnaround from you can't stand him or people like him. Kudos.

When did I say that about Rodgers?

I like to make fun of people who believe in false gods like Fauci or Aaron Rodgers back when you all worshipped him. Big difference

You look up your quote. You said you despised people like AR who took themselves too seriously. This was not more than three months ago. Stay on script.

Yes and that too but that's entirely different reason to despise someone.
AunBear89
hanky1 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

Rodgers is an independent thinker and you 'expert' lovers can't stand it.

Dramatic turnaround from you can't stand him or people like him. Kudos.

When did I say that about Rodgers?

I like to make fun of people who believe in false gods like Fauci or Aaron Rodgers back when you all worshipped him. Big difference

You look up your quote. You said you despised people like AR who took themselves too seriously. This was not more than three months ago. Stay on script.

Yes and that too but that's entirely different reason to despise someone.

Yes. And many of us need only one reason to despise you.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
okaydo
hanky1
okaydo said:

Many people who crave authoritarianism want to silence others with dissenting viewpoints
bearister
In grammar school, the nuns told us that you can only have an opinion/viewpoint if it is based on your analysis of facts. Short of that, you are doing little more than blathering…..and when you blathered, you got the ring finger to the back of your f@ucking head….and you had it coming.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
Hanky1 and his woke posse are trying to cancel me for voicing an opinion on Rodgers. But I will stand firm against his tyranny . All people in the Rodgers debate must be heard.
bearister
Rodgers is wrong. What's to debate? He fell into the celebrity trap of thinking his opinion on a subject that he has no expertise on has any relevance or meaning whatsoever. I wonder what his opinion is on nuclear fusion?

He is a great football player and leader on the field and a stone cold killer as a competitor (i.e. the polar opposite of Derek Carr)…..but my Cal related love is reserved for guys like Marshawn Lynch and Jared Goff.

okaydo

bearister
2 + 2 = 5 - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_%2B_2_%3D_5
B.A. Bearacus
Like the vast majority of Americans, I choose not to listen to or read about everything Aaron says publicly. Aaron's relevance on topics outside of football has receded back into its rightful place of irrelevance, except to super fans who enjoy the extra non-football content. Pat McAfee has a large audience, but none of his regular viewers are going to have their views on politics, society, or public health changed by Aaron. He's just not influential enough to change any minds. He's not Muhammad Ali, despite what he may think.

Aaron's two years at Cal are his origin story. It's the scene in the alley where Bruce Wayne sees his dad killed. And a few pages after that. It's also a legacy that is maintained by the NFL because it's tradition to do so -- no other pro league actively reinforces that connection to a college in the same way. I like that the NFL does that.

At this point, I've seen and enjoyed WAY many more games played by him as a Packer than as a Golden Bear. He has been my favorite player in the NFL for all of his 17 years as a Packer (one's favorite player is not usually a bench-warming rookie, but my Cal bias was strong). I love his connection to Cal, but dude has long since left Berkeley. I know that he still cares about how our team does and feels a connection to other Cal football players, and that's important to me.

It's a personal decision about whether you choose to watch the Packers play or hope that Aaron performs well. I'll be watching and following this dude until he can't play anymore. I like the player and I like that we have a community of folks, albeit smaller, on this board who can share in the joy and pride when he excels.

bearister
Well stated.
GoCal80
https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/12/28/social-media-reacts-to-aaron-rodgers-saying-science-becomes-propaganda-if-it-cant-be-questioned-video-tweets/
BearForce2

Quote:

"What I don't understand, it makes no sense to me to continue to spread this narrative that nonvaccinated players are more dangerous or these superspreaders," Rodgers said.

"I don't understand why there is still this two-class system that exists in our league," added Rodgers, who tested positive for the coronavirus on Nov. 3.

"There's not many unvaccinated guys left in the league, but it's obviously not a pandemic of the unvaccinated. It doesn't make sense to me we're still punishing nonvaccinated players."

As of Dec. 15, 94.6 percent of NFL players and nearly 100 percent of league personnel were vaccinated.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
bearister
COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations, and Deaths by Vaccination Status
Washington State Department of Health December 29, 2021

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/1600/coronavirus/data-tables/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf

New COVID-19 Cases and Hospitalizations Among Adults, by Vaccination Status New York, May 3July 25, 2021 | MMWR

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7034e1.htm

Tracking COVID-19 in California - Coronavirus COVID-19 Response

https://covid19.ca.gov/state-dashboard/
https://covid19.ca.gov/state-dashboard/#postvax-status

Nearly two-thirds of hospitalized COVID-19 patients unvaccinated

https://www.wmur.com/article/nearly-two-thirds-of-hospitalized-covid-19-patients-in-new-hampshire-unvaccinated-report-says/38628992

Covid-19: Hospitals at capacity with mainly unvaccinated patients - BBC News

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-59405471

Most patients hospitalized because of COVID-19 are unvaccinated | wthr.com

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/verify/yes-most-patients-hospitalized-because-of-covid-19-are-unvaccinated-coronavirus-indiana/531-fa9fa91e-5f3e-4c85-8408-df81b9f1dede

80 Percent of Louisiana Hospital Patients Unvaccinated as Admissions Double in a Week

https://www.newsweek.com/80-percent-louisiana-hospital-patients-unvaccinated-admissions-double-week-1663287

Rise in COVID-19 hospitalizations in Mass. is driven by those who are unvaccinated, Baker says - The Boston Globe

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/12/13/nation/mass-rise-covid-19-hospitalizations-is-driven-by-those-who-are-unvaccinated-baker-says/

Michigan hospital data: 87% of COVID ICU patients are unvaccinated

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/michigan/2021/12/02/michigan-hospital-data-87-of-covid-icu-patients-are-unvaccinated/
bluengoldmilk
GivemTheAxe said:

My problem with AR is not that he fails to be a wonderful person. But that he is a jerk and revels in being a jerk. He clearly lies about what he does
then he denies that he was lying. Then claims that the people who point out his lies are persecuting him.
But some say we should forget all about that because he is a great football player and if he is a jerk he is Cal's jerk.

Agree. AR is a manipulating narcissist who loves to troll people. What happened to the guy who was involved with humanitarian work in Africa a decade ago? I hate to think that ******* might win the MVP and SB in a year where his consistent lack of clutch ability doesn't hamper him because the rest of the league is such a mess. I always root against this clown nowadays.
ColoradoBear
Congrats to Aaron on clinching both the #1 seed and the MVP. I'm going to buy myself a nice dinner with the winnings on both those futures bets.

But while resting up the toe for a playoff run, now would be a great time to get that J&J vax - you know the one he's not 'allergic' to - just to ensure he's not out for the super bowl, as his 90 daily testing break ends 2 days after the NFC championship game. And yes I have the Pack at 16:1 to win it all.
DiabloWags
His ex sure just had a beautiful baby!

Olivia Munn snuggles with her and John Mulaney's newborn son, Malcolm: 'Happy New Year' (yahoo.com)
BearForce2
bluengoldmilk said:

GivemTheAxe said:

Agree. AR is a manipulating narcissist who loves to troll people. What happened to the guy who was involved with humanitarian work in Africa a decade ago? I hate to think that ******* might win the MVP and SB in a year where his consistent lack of clutch ability doesn't hamper him because the rest of the league is such a mess. I always root against this clown nowadays.

I hear AR eats children.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
okaydo
ColoradoBear said:

Congrats to Aaron on clinching both the #1 seed and the MVP. I'm going to buy myself a nice dinner with the winnings on both those futures bets.

But while resting up the toe for a playoff run, now would be a great time to get that J&J vax - you know the one he's not 'allergic' to - just to ensure he's not out for the super bowl, as his 90 daily testing break ends 2 days after the NFC championship game. And yes I have the Pack at 16:1 to win it all.

Ha! I guess you don't follow him on Instagram.
calumnus
bearister said:

Rodgers is wrong. What's to debate? He fell into the celebrity trap of thinking his opinion on a subject that he has no expertise on has any relevance or meaning whatsoever. I wonder what his opinion is on nuclear fusion?

He is a great football player and leader on the field and a stone cold killer as a competitor (i.e. the polar opposite of Derek Carr)…..but my Cal related love is reserved for guys like Marshawn Lynch and Jared Goff.

Well said
B.A. Bearacus
ColoradoBear said:

Colorado, do us a solid and tell us how long ago you placed these Cal-inspired bets and how much you won.

ps. AR is waiting for the 10-year data to come out on JNJ before he takes it. He doesn't want to compromise his ability to have strong sperm. His girlfriend will be 39 when AR takes the JNJ jab in 2031, so the window will still be open -- and we all know hitting tight windows is not a problem for AR.

DiabloWags
bluengoldmilk said:

GivemTheAxe said:

My problem with AR is not that he fails to be a wonderful person. But that he is a jerk and revels in being a jerk. He clearly lies about what he does then he denies that he was lying. Then claims that the people who point out his lies are persecuting him.

But some say we should forget all about that because he is a great football player and if he is a jerk he is Cal's jerk.

Trust me...it's very tempting.
I have a feeling that we now know why Danica and AR didnt work out.
Kudos to Danica.
calumnus
BearForce2 said:

bluengoldmilk said:

GivemTheAxe said:

I hear AR eats children.

Only if they have not been jabbed.
B.A. Bearacus
Just saw a brand new State Farm commercial with AR on MNF. State Farm pipeline is looking very much intact. He looks slightly more vaccinated in this one than in the one where he is playing the guitar with the beanie, which I haven't seen on tv since that tumultuous week in November.
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

Just saw a brand new State Farm commercial with AR on MNF. State Farm pipeline is looking very much in tact. He looks slightly more vaccinated in this one than in the one where he is playing the guitar with the beanie, which I haven't seen on tv since that tumultuous week in November.

I'm pretty sure they film all of them in the off-season. I could be wrong, but I'd doubt they'd wait until during the season when he might be injured. Those things are llikely time consuming to make.
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Just saw a brand new State Farm commercial with AR on MNF. State Farm pipeline is looking very much in tact. He looks slightly more vaccinated in this one than in the one where he is playing the guitar with the beanie, which I haven't seen on tv since that tumultuous week in November.

I'm pretty sure they film all of them in the off-season. I could be wrong, but I'd doubt they'd wait until during the season when he might be injured. Those things are llikely time consuming to make.

Oh, I'm sure they recorded them long ago. I do think State Farm intentionally stopped airing the guitar commercial because of its homeopathic feel. He looks more like a college graduate in this one and the Jeopardy one.
BearForce2
calumnus said:

BearForce2 said:

bluengoldmilk said:

GivemTheAxe said:

I hear AR eats children.

That's his choice, not yours.
okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
As Okaydo notes above, AR sent "Atlas Shrugged" trending on Twitter. On the Manningcast, Peyton asked AR what he was reading on the bookshelf behind him, and AR called out French poetry and "Atlas Shrugged."

I am aware that Aaron has used his platform on the Pat McAfee to promote the reading of books, which is cool.

https://www.sportsgeekery.com/35264/aaron-rodgers-book-club-complete-list-of-books/

Quote:

During his first appearance of the season on the Pat McAfee Show, Rodgers chose to talk about a subject that that he cares greatly about, reading! Marquez Valdez Scantling asked Rodgers for advice on some book suggestions to read during training camp. Rodgers went to Barnes and Noble and picked up some books for him. This inspired Rodgers to share with the world some of his favorite books. Pat loved the idea, and thus, the Aaron Rodgers Book Club was born!

We've collected the complete list along with interview sections from the Pat McAfee Show where Rodgers reveals and talks about each week's book.

hanky1
Atlas Shrugged.

hahahahaha

What a dbag.
Big C
BearForce2 said:

calumnus said:

BearForce2 said:

bluengoldmilk said:

GivemTheAxe said:

I hear AR eats children.

That's his choice, not yours.

If this were 55 years ago and an athlete refused to be drafted, a guy like you would've said, "That's wrong. We all need to make sacrifices for our country." What changed?
okaydo
hanky1 said:

Atlas Shrugged.

hahahahaha

What a dbag.

Man, when hanky1 calls you a dbag....I guess this is who Rodgers is now.

B.A. Bearacus
okaydo said:

hanky1 said:

Atlas Shrugged.

hahahahaha

What a dbag.

To quote the Roman philosopher Vagisil: "but he is our dbag."
ColoradoBear
okaydo said:

ColoradoBear said:

Ha! I guess you don't follow him on Instagram.

I thought Instagram was pictures of food and what people are wearing (or more like not wearing) somewhere notable.

But no, I don't follow Rodgers or any attention *****s on IG because I don't use it...
hanky1
B.A. Bearacus said:

okaydo said:

hanky1 said:

Atlas Shrugged.

hahahahaha

What a dbag.

To quote the Roman philosopher Vagisil: "but he is our dbag."

Anyone who reads Atlas Shrugged and promotes it is automatically a dbag. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Go straight to dbag jail.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.