My dad died Wednesday. A true Bear.

4,911 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Cal Junkie
GoOskie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am sorry for your loss. It was the worst day of my life when my dad passed. He was a huge Cal fan. Maybe my dad and yours are somewhere having a beer reliving some Cal memories.
HighlandDutch
My condolences for your loss, LunchTime. Thanks for posting that beautiful tribute.
BTown85
My Dad introduced me to Cal football as a young kid and I've been suffering ever since. He passed away a year and a half ago and I miss him every day. Thank you for your tribute to your Dad. Maybe he's explaining some football nuance to my Dad right about now.....
It's the future that's always bright at Cal......
WildBear
So sorry for your loss, but seems like you guys had more than a life time's worth of memories, which is worth a lot.
Sebastabear
I sometimes wonder if I passed if my son would come on here and let people know. I guess I just hope that if he did it would be half as touching as what you wrote about your dad. Deepest condolences for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful dad and a great golden bear.
calumnus
Thanks for posting your tribute to your dad. My condolences for your loss.
DiabloWags
Sounds like you had a life time of memories with your Dad! Thank you for sharing.

I have no doubt that his enthusiasm for life and his spirit will continue in his son. My condolences.
acvbear
so sorry for your loss. what a lovely post and my deepest condolences
TandemBear
LunchTime,
Thank you so much for your post. Heartfelt condolences to you, your family and your Dad's obviously large group of friends. And I thought I came from a true-blue Cal family. You've got us beat by a mile!

Thank you for sharing so much of your personal history and association with our Alma Mater. Sounds like your Dad and Granddad did very well and raised a great kid. How wonderful for you all to share your Cal pride over the decades.

I can confidently assume your father left this earth as proud as he could be. Your eulogy to him was amazing. So, as others have said, you must celebrate his life and legacy and not his loss. Yes, you will feel sorrow. But passing is one of life's certainties and he simply met his fate as we all will.

I hope the wonderful response from our Cal family has heightened your spirits and will only confirm what your Dad knew and was proud of - the wonderful and amazing UC Berkeley community of alumni.

Go Bears!
drizzlybears brother
That was a wonderful share. Thanks
SantaRosaBear
Wow, your dad was an awesome Bear. I know he will be up there with the sturdy Golden Bear watching us stomp the lowly red. May he rest in Blue and Gold.

SRBear and family
BearForce2

Nuclear engineering in those days were exciting times. Who knows what went on in the bowels of Etcheverry Hall? May your dad rest in peace! Go Bears!
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
XXXBEAR
Great post Lunchtime. I am sorry for your loss. Like your family, mine is also intertwined with the Bears and I grew up with Cal in my blood.
Cal Junkie
I'm extremely sorry for your loss. My father was similar - a former true blue Golden Bear and big football fan (probably more so than me, even), and he passed in Dec. 2014. So I get what you are going through. I was very sad that he didn't get to see Cal go to another Rose Bowl. Hang in there, with time and support it will get better. Please accept my sincerest condolences to you and your family.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.