Story Poster
Photo by Twitter / Jack Endries
Cal Football

Monte Vista TE Endries Joins '22 Class

January 21, 2022

The Bears have had their eye on 2022 Monte Vista (Danville, CA) tight end Jack Endries for a while and after his official visit last weekend, they extended a PWO offer to the 3 star TE.

Today the talented TE committed to the Bears as a preferred walk-on with a chance to play himself into a scholarship.

The official visit was a hit with the 6-4/230 Endries, who sports an impressive 3.83 gpa.

“We got to the stadium and everyone greeted me,” said Endries, describing his visit. “We went on a tour of the stadium, which included the weight room, refueling station and academic support, which is very important to me. We ate lunch at the top of the stadium and took a tour of the fantastic campus. Then had a great dinner. The next day I had meetings with Coach Wilcox and (TE coach) Geep (Chryst). And then we watched the 49ers game. It was a great visit and I like the place a lot.”

Endries, who has scholarship offers from Fresno State, Colorado State, UNLV, Army, Harvard and more is looking for a blend of strong academics and athletics in his school of choice.

“I look for two things in a school: Football and academics,” said Endries. “The goal is the NFL but I always want to have a backup plan. A school with a good academic plan is great for that. And I love a competitive football team that wants to win.” 

The first team All-EBAL TE, who also was one of only two tight ends named to SportsStar Magazine’s All-NorCal team had an impressive senior season playing for former Cal running back and current Monte Vista head coach CJ Anderson, compiling 49 catches for 579 yards and nine touchdowns in 10 games this season for Monte Vista.

“CJ loved his time at Cal,” said Endries. “He talks it up every time I’m with him. ‘Most fun I’ve had’ and ‘There is not a better place’ and he talks up Coach Geep a lot. saying, “If you want to get coached, he’s the guy.” 

Other stories:

Wilcox Signs Contract Extension

'23 OLB Target Carson Mott Talks about Cal Visit

Discussion from...

Monte Vista TE Endries Joins '22 Class

7,970 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rushinbear
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Welcome to Cal, Jack! Go Bears!!!
Rushinbear
TE is the spot where you are most likely to find developing talent.
goldenjax
Love the addition. Look forward to Musgrave opening up the playbook. Maybe more Heavy or 13 Personel.
PapaBear93
Great to hear about the CJ Anderson angle. What a wonderful Cal ambassador. These are the local connections we desperately need to upgrade our talent and results on the gridiron.
79 Bear
Welcome to Cal Jack! Looking forward to watching you play and win with the Golden Bears!
Goobear
Welcome Jack! Wishing you nothing but the best of success on and off the field. Go Bears!
NVBear78
Welcome to Cal, great lifetime decision!

Go bears!!!!
dimitrig

Musgrave seems to pull in a lot of good TEs.

Are we going to try an innovative all-TE offense?

calumnus
dimitrig said:

I'd love to see us have a power set option and go hurry up, so the defense can not substitute.
KoreAmBear
dimitrig said:

Well we lost quite a bit at the same time.
Alkiadt
KoreAmBear said:

dimitrig said:

Well we lost quite a bit at the same time.
Endries actually credits Geep Chryst as part of his decision.
GranadaHillsBear
Quote:

Endries, who has scholarship offers from Fresno State, Colorado State, UNLV, Army, Harvard and more is looking for a blend of strong academics and athletics in his school of choice.

That he chose us as a walk on over scholarship offers speaks volumes about his love for CAL and the staff here. However, does Harvard offer scholarships?
Rushinbear
GranadaHillsBear said:

Quote:

That he chose us as a walk on over scholarship offers speaks volumes about his love for CAL and the staff here. However, does Harvard offer scholarships?
Yes, just not athletic schollies.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.