OT: Teri McKeever

69,724 Views | 529 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by movielover
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The suit says Knowlton, Simon-O'Neill and other school officials were aware that at that time "several swimmers were leaving the team after experiencing depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideations."

Despite this, McKeever had her contract extended through 2023-24 in January 2020.

I cant wait to see the Cal assistant coaches testify about what they witnessed while coaching.
Particularly, Kristen Cunnane who was with Cal for 10 years up until she resigned after the 2015 season as the Associate head coach (since 2011).

She grew up in Moraga and was repeatedly sexually abused by a female middle school teacher.
Her middle school teacher was found guilty and sentenced to a prison term of 8 years.

Former Cal Women's Assistant Coach Kristen Cunnane Makes Appearance on Dr. Oz Show to Discuss New Book: Undoing Jane Doe - Swimming World News (swimmingworldmagazine.com)

She said that she wanted to spend more time with her family, given that she had given birth to her second child in May of 2015 and also had a two year old daughter.

Kristen Cunnane, Cal Women's Associate Head Coach, Resigns (swimswam.com)

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bearister
McKeever on witness stand:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
mbBear
DiabloWags said:

The suit says Knowlton, Simon-O'Neill and other school officials were aware that at that time "several swimmers were leaving the team after experiencing depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideations."

Despite this, McKeever had her contract extended through 2023-24 in January 2020.

I cant wait to see the Cal assistant coaches testify about what they witnessed while coaching.
Particularly, Kristen Cunnane who was with Cal for 10 years up until she resigned after the 2015 season as the Associate head coach (since 2011).

She grew up in Moraga and was repeatedly sexually abused by a female middle school teacher.
Her middle school teacher was found guilty and sentenced to a prison term of 8 years.

Former Cal Women's Assistant Coach Kristen Cunnane Makes Appearance on Dr. Oz Show to Discuss New Book: Undoing Jane Doe - Swimming World News (swimmingworldmagazine.com)

She said that she wanted to spend more time with her family, given that she had given birth to her second child in May of 2015 and also had a two year old daughter.

Cunnane doesn't bring anything to the table against Knowlton because she left before he got there? Or am I missing something?
And fine, there is a narrative that this all began before Knowlton, but that doesn't give him a pass in terms of ignoring the swimmers that came to him directly....
calumnus
mbBear said:

DiabloWags said:

Cunnane doesn't bring anything to the table against Knowlton because she left before he got there? Or am I missing something?
And fine, there is a narrative that this all began before Knowlton, but that doesn't give him a pass in terms of ignoring the swimmers that came to him directly....

Exactly. The issues were brought to him repeatedly and he dismissed them out of hand. Insulted the swimmers and their parents. Then he rewarded McKeever with the huge contract.

The fact the abuse started before he arrived does not absolve him for not doing anything about it once he learned about it. We cannot fire past ADs. We can only fire the current AD and anyone else who enabled the abuse to continue.
movielover
Rebuttal: "She's a tough and demanding coach who has world-class standards."

Having swimmers train who are injured won't easily be dismissed, same for allegedly targeting the few black swimmers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.