Story Poster
Photo by Instagram / Sailasa Vadrawale
Cal Football

Bears Stay Local with Commit #3 in North Bay DB Vadrawale

June 21, 2022

3 star Rancho Cotate (Rohnert Park, CA) High School DB Sailasa Vadrawale‍ became the third official member of Cal’s 2023 recruiting class with his commitment this weekend on his official visit, joining safety RJ Jones‍ and ILB Cade Uluave‍ along with two silent commits who have yet to announce.

“When I got up there, there was nothing but love,” said Vadrawale. “I just feel really wanted at Cal. It’s just a great program there and I just want to be around coaches that really care about my development like Coach Watson and Coach Brown and I feel like they can really get the best out of me as a player and person.”

“I love it at Cal. The players are really cool. Really cool, down to earth people. My kinda vibe. Being local, I’ve been here a lot and know a lot of the guys. They’re my kind of people.”

Vadrawale has also developed a close relationship with Cal’s DB coaches, as well.

“It’s very close,” said Vadrawale of their relationship. “I get text messages from Coach Brown and Coach Watson every day and sometimes from Coach AB, too. Just continuing to build that relationship has been great.”

http://instagr.am/p/Ce_Wq1YrgvT">

De La Salle defensive coordinator Nate Kenion, who also coaches Vadrawale with his KT Prep squad had glowing things to saw about the newest Bear. He also coached Cal soph corner Lu Hearns and an array of Cal targets and D1 players over the years.

“Love Sai,” said Kenion. “He is extremely athletic and one of the best competitors I have had the opportunity to worth with. He is very vocal and works his tail off! He is a steal and should be a player for Cal from Day 1. He can play CB, NB or safety. Kid is a ball hawk and is very smart.”

“Cal’s a great program,” said Vadrawale. “I feel like they’re heading in the right direction, especially with Coach Wilcox and his defensive mind. I feel like I can fit very well there because I’m a defensive back. I feel like they’re going to be one of the best teams in the Pac this year.”

The 6-0/175 DB also holds offers from Washington, Nevada, Air Force, Army and more. A dual threat player for Rancho Cotate, Vadrawale had an impressive 61 catches for 941 yards (15.4 ypc) and 8 TDs at receiver and 40 tackles, 4 INT and 3 fumbles recovered on defense in just 8 games in 2021 as a junior.

Other stories:

DT Ashton Sanders Getting Ready for Decision

4 Star Texas OT Isaiah Robinson Talks About Visit, Recruiting Plans

Discussion from...

Bears Stay Local with Commit #3 in North Bay DB Vadrawale

4,353 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BearoutEast67
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Love to see the local kids staying home. The best of luck to him.

Go Bears!
calumnus
Welcome!

His name sounds Fijian? Does anyone know his family background?
91Cal
Welcome to the family, Vadrawales! Terrific to have you and your son. Thank you for entrusting this community! Go Bears!
gobears23
As a fellow North Bay guy, this warms my heart! Welcome to the greatest university in the world!
BearoutEast67
Nice!
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.