Story Poster
Cal Basketball

The Cal Legends Collective and Beast Mode Marketing Launch CALEGENDS Golden Pass NFT

October 25, 2022

BERKELEY, CA / October 26, 2022 -- The California Legends Collective and Beast Mode Marketing announces the launch of the CALEGENDS Golden Pass, a digital membership card that gives sports fans ongoing priority access to exclusive content, merchandise and events celebrating Cal alumni-athlete legends, including Marshawn Lynch. Fans can purchase a digital membership card NFT through OneOf, including limited-edition Beast Mode clothing and free entry into draws for Marshawn-Lynch signed footballs, hoodies, t-shirts and lanyards.

“The Golden Pass is about giving back to the youngsters and finding more opportunities for them - that’s why I’m in this,” said former Cal running back and NFL star-turned entrepreneur Marshawn Lynch. “I’m hoping that other alum will tap in and get involved - Cal is a special place, if you played a sport or went to class there, you already know.”

The launch of the CALEGENDS Golden Pass NFT coincided with the Cal Athletics Hall of Fame induction ceremony of Marshawn Lynch over the past weekend in Berkeley, alongside the Cal Footbal Hall of Fame Game against Washington. Fans were able to meet Marshawn and purchase limited-edition Beast Mode HOF merchandise & NFTs at a pop-up store experience.

The NFT bundles are now available for fans around the world to purchase on OneOf. Buyers can choose from either a GOLD Tier NFT or a PLATINUM Tier NFT, that includes a Limited-Edition Beast Mode “Hall of Fame” T-Shirt.

All NFT purchases include entry into draws for Marshawn-Lynch signed merchandise:

● Chance to win 1 of 6 “Hall of Fame” Footballs & Display Cases, signed by Marshawn Lynch

● Chance to win 1 of 10 Beast Mode Limited-Edition “Hall of Fame” Hoodies, signed by Marshawn Lynch

● Chance to win 1 of 10 Beast Mode Limited-Edition “Hall of Fame” T-Shirts, signed by Marshawn Lynch

● Chance to win 1 of 24 Beast Mode - Golden Pass lanyards & badges, signed by Marshawn Lynch

In addition, all NFT holders receive guaranteed allowlist for future CALEGENDS x Beast Mode drops, giving priority access to exclusive content, merch and events celebrating Cal alumni-athlete legends like Marshawn Lynch. A portion of the proceeds from the sales of the CALEGENDS Golden Pass go towards supporting current Cal student-athletes via the California Legends Collective NIL platform.

“Our mission is to always place student-athlete interests first,” said Kevin Kennedy, president, founding sponsor and co-executive director of the California Legends Collective. “Earlier this year we launched CAlegends.com, an NIL platform that empowers UC Berkeley student-athletes to secure name, image, and likeness income opportunities. The CALEGENDS Golden Pass is precisely the type of program that creates direct opportunities for student-athletes, and we are excited to launch it and support it as part of our broader platform.”

The CALEGENDS Golden Pass program was designed by web3 agency, T3MP0, and, the NFT artwork, designed by accomplished visual effects & motion graphics designer Joël LeLièvre, features an animated gold medallion celebrating the partnership of Beast Mode Marketing and the California Legends Collective, along with silhouette images of famous Cal alumni-athletes.

The next drop available to CALEGENDS Golden Pass holders will be announced soon, and will specifically celebrate Marshawn Lynch - featuring merchandise, artwork and experiences related to his storied college playing years. Lynch is the all-time Cal leader in 100-yard rushing games (17), was a first-time All-American, and was named the 2006 Pac-10 Offensive Player of the Year. The drop will feature artwork from leading Art Director & NFT artist, Justin Maller, who has previously worked on projects for Nike, Gatorade, The Grammys, Jordan and Under Armour. Future drops will be announced, and will feature other well-known Cal alumni-athlete legends.

About the California Legends Collective

Founded by a dedicated group of UC Berkeley alumni and fans, the California Legends Collective is an independent NIL collective. The CAlegends.com digital platform connects fans, supporters, businesses, and charitable organizations with the University of California student-athletes while empowering each athlete to monetize their name, image, and likeness. We are not formally associated with or sponsored by the University of California at Berkeley. To learn more, go to CAlegends.com. Specific information about the CALEGENDS Golden Pass can be found at CAlegends.xyz/Cal.

About Beast Mode Marketing

Mode Marketing, based in Oakland, CA, is a marketing management agency founded by Marshawn Lynch, Bryon Sheng and Kevin Parker. Beast Mode Marketing currently represents the marketing efforts for Lynch, Josh Johnson, Marcus Peters, and Najee Harris. Beast Mode is rooted in building brands through authenticity and creativity at the direction of its athletes. For more information, please visit www.BeastModeMktg.com or follow us on Instagram and Twitter at @BeastModeMktg.

OneOf

Deeply committed to a sustainable blockchain future, OneOf is an NFT platform designed to create an environmentally sustainable, creator-and-fan-friendly experience. Built on multiple environmentally responsible proof-of-stake blockchain protocols including Tezos and Polygon, OneOf enables its artists, athletes and brand partners to mint NFTs with zero blockchain transaction fees. OneOf aims to bring the next 100 million non-crypto-native fans into Web3 by removing the technical frictions and allowing fans to pay for their NFTs with credit/debit cards as well as many top cryptocurrencies. Dedicated to charitable causes, OneOf offers partners using their platform the option to donate portions of their NFT proceeds to charities of their choice.

About T3MP0

T3MP0 is a web3 design & production studio, focused on partnering with leading talent & brands in the entertainment, sports, & fashion industries. The company is an experienced team of Grammy-winning artists, Super Bowl champions, crypto experts, entrepreneurs and industry executives. Building upon the significant, existing fan base of their talent partners, T3MP0 takes a unique “community-first” approach to building innovative NFT-based content & experiences for fans around the world. The company is based in Los Angeles, New York City and Toronto. More information can be found at: www.t3mp0.com.

Discussion from...

The Cal Legends Collective and Beast Mode Marketing Launch CALEGENDS Golden Pass NFT

6,159 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by StillNoStanfurdium
Sebastabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Awesome. I was thinking I had to type this all up. Thanks so much to the staff for doing this. I hope Cal fans are excited about the opportunity (Christmas is right around the corner after all). The NFT is honestly pretty sick.

We're always looking for new ways to engage with the community and raise money for our NIL efforts. Hopefully it works.

You can go here to purchase https://sports.oneof.com/drops/feff496b-b208-4b3e-84d4-aaa36358d2bc/details-live
Arcadiabear
Just signed up!

Would love one of the Marshawn's signed balls. What a great representative to our university in helping out.

When is the drawing?
GoOskie
NFTs? Really?
Sebastabear
GoOskie said:

NFTs? Really?
Look, I'd sell your mama (well maybe not yours specifically, but somebody's momma for sure) if it would make this team better.
Sebastabear
As an update I did run this down today. NFT's will be shipped in the next few days. They were just still selling them and wanted to ship them all at once.
StillNoStanfurdium
Sebastabear said:

As an update I did run this down today. NFT's will be shipped in the next few days. They were just still selling them and wanted to ship them all at once.
Is there any update on these? I don't think I've seen any communication come through on these in the past few weeks.
Sebastabear
StillNoStanfurdium said:

Sebastabear said:

Is there any update on these? I don't think I've seen any communication come through on these in the past few weeks.
Seriously? Please check your spam. Should have gone out weeks ago. Will confirm that now.
StillNoStanfurdium
Sebastabear said:

StillNoStanfurdium said:

Sebastabear said:

Seriously? Please check your spam. Should have gone out weeks ago. Will confirm that now.
Don't think I have anything in my inbox or in my spam, but if you have a particular sender I should double check for I can look again. Didn't see anything from beastmodeonline.com or calegends.xyz or oneof.com.
Sebastabear
Ok. Checking with vendor now. It wasn't sold by California Legends (it was someone Beastmode contracted with for this) so it wouldn't be from us. Will revert.
Sebastabear
What I got back from the vendor. Sounds like middle of next week. Sorry for the delay here.

Quote:

OneOf is finishing up the process of reconciling and sendout today and Monday. People who bought on OneOf should have their NFTs already. For the CALegends.xyz buyers and BeastQuake buyers they will get them early/mid next week.

StillNoStanfurdium
Sebastabear said:

What I got back from the vendor. Sounds like middle of next week. Sorry for the delay here.

Quote:

OneOf is finishing up the process of reconciling and sendout today and Monday. People who bought on OneOf should have their NFTs already. For the CALegends.xyz buyers and BeastQuake buyers they will get them early/mid next week.

To circle back on this and if anyone else is wondering, I saw the email come through today and was able to set up an account up and see the NFTs in my collection. Excited to see what's next to come.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.