The Bay Area should savvy up!

974 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Blueblood
Blueblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?

It's starting to look like Cal and stanfurd aren't going to get any post-season bowl invites any time soon. So the Bay Area should help both these local schools out.

How, you shout?!!!

Easy peasy.

The Bay Area should like about what every football town should do...right.. create its own bowl game that seemly acknowledges what these two elite academic institutions apparently do best. Yes, that is, highlight this bowl with teams lead by former head coaches from stanfurd and, hopefully, from Cal that make it big!

Why, we can all say to hell with overall win loss records, and if the Bay Area is as kool as everyone here knows, teams would be fighting to get an invite!

I mean, what does the Fiesta Bowl name do for your football fix other than make you hungry because it reminds you of the Taco Bell menu? No, this bowl could be called "The Bay Area Ex-Coaches Bowl" or
something equally witty like "The Now You See 'em, the Now You Don't" Bowl.

Bobodeluxe
First, WE need a sponsor. A really stupid one. The People's Park BOGO Fentanyl Bowl, for example.
Dduster
Great naming choice!! Get the TIK TOK Love Train rolling as well. I'm still laughing. Lotto drawings for who gets to be OC for either team.
GoCal80
Too bad Dykes at Cal was never nearly as successful as Hairball was at Stanford.
Blueblood
GoCal80 said:

Too bad Dykes at Cal was never nearly as successful as Hairball was at Stanford.
True, what you cite, but its not like these two schools don't recognize what up-and-coming salmon swimming upstream to success coaches look like. Really smart schools (and pro teams....remember Mooch?) watch Cal and stanfurd major-sport hires. Michigan and TCU confirm my contention.

Sure Cal and the furds do not always hire a winner, but yes, once in a while they do. All of the college football realm knows Cal and stanfurd are always crawling in all the cracks looking for major-sport success. It's just that these schools are good developmental machines breeding candidates for the football factories.

I could go on, but I won't......who cares?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.