Not necessarily "wishing them the best"...

879 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bearister
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you're transferring from Cal to play somewhere else, you've graduated and you're not going to one of our rivals, I wish you the very best, on the field and off. Talkin' to you, Nikko (gridiron) and Andre (hoops). Great Golden Bears!

If you've decided to leave early to get more playing time, or even more NIL and you're not going to one of our rivals, hey, I get it, you've got to make what you feel is the best decision for you and your family. Good luck.

However, if you're playing well here, have not graduated and are transferring to one of our rival schools, different story. (or if you're transferring to play for Stanfurd, whatever your situation, unless you totally sucked here)

Dear I've-forgotten-your-name:

Headed off early, to play for one of our rivals? Here are my hopes for you...
+ may you be injury-free
+ may you get a diploma
+ may you and your family have long, happy, healthy lives

The reason I'm taking the high road is because I'm a Cal guy and we are a classy lot. Thanks for your efforts here, by the way. I cheered for you.

However, there is a limit. I am most definitely not wishing you the best in all respects, specifically with regards to your play at our rival school...

- may you struggle and ultimately be unsuccessful at getting ample playing time at your preferred position
- may your position coach and your S&C coach be obnoxious and incompetent
- may your team lack any sort of esprit de corps and generally be an unpleasant experience for the players
- may the football, or opposing ball carriers, always seem to you as if they are greased by the world's most slippery lubricant
- may your team lose more games than Cal and, especially, if they play Cal, may they lose one billion to nothing

So yeah, "best wishes", in some respects.
-

Bobodeluxe
Enjoy you new laundry.
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.