3 (non-football-ish) observations from the Idaho game.

3,964 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by LunchTime
TandemBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SoFlaBear said:

Bobodeluxe said:

If wokeifornia allowed canceled carry, like in wyoming and florida, there would be little to be concerned about.

Given that I had a loved one in Florida who was legally carrying a concealed weapon and was murdered with a handgun in a robbery, I'd respectfully disagree.
I think you missed his sarcasm. People love to say, "An armed society is a polite society." To which I reply, "Like Somalia?"

Love the two Michigan CCW dudes who killed themselves in a fit of road rage:

The Huffington Post | By Hunter Stuart
Posted: 09/19/2013 3:57 pm EDT
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/19/michigan-concealed-carry-road-rage-two-dead_n_3956491.html)

"Two men are dead after pulling guns on each other during a road rage incident on Wednesday night.

Police said the dispute began when one car was tailgating another in the Michigan town of Ionia, population 11,400.

Both drivers pulled into the parking lot of a local car wash and stepped out of their vehicles, according to ABC affiliate WZZM-TV. Witnesses said the tailgating driver fired first, and the other driver returned fire.

When ambulances arrived, the men -- Ionia residents James Pullam, 43, and Robert Taylor, 56 -- were given medical care and transported to a local hospital, where they were pronounced dead, Detroit News reported.

Both men fired handguns and had valid licenses to carry concealed weapons, according to authorities, Detroit News said.

In Michigan, anyone over the age of 21 can be issued a concealed carry permit as long as they take a short gun safety class and meet a list of eligibility requirements, which include no felony convictions or mental illness diagnoses.

If Pullam and Taylor didn't have concealed carry permits, they would have been required by law to keep their firearms stored in special cases in the trunks of their cars."

That's some Darwin Award material right there!

eastbayyoungbear
or you know, we could get paper straws.
bipolarbear
I was treated to a beer bath on Saturday but they say that beer is supposed to be good for your hair, hmmm.
I bring my own straws from home and tell the vendor not to fill the cup all the way up but they usually can't or won't do that.
TandemBear
Bobodeluxe said:

On the wyoming ranch, we tell the little urchins to dig for water if they're thirsty. No woke pansy kids allowed!
Everyone knows not to DIG for water, but using dowsing rods. Duh!
bipolarbear
eastbayyoungbear said:

In my experience paper straws spoil the taste of the drink. Like sucking on cardboard.
Bobodeluxe
TandemBear said:

SoFlaBear said:

Bobodeluxe said:

If wokeifornia allowed canceled carry, like in wyoming and florida, there would be little to be concerned about.

Given that I had a loved one in Florida who was legally carrying a concealed weapon and was murdered with a handgun in a robbery, I'd respectfully disagree.
I think you missed his sarcasm. People love to say, "An armed society is a polite society." To which I reply, "Like Somalia?"

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/19/michigan-concealed-carry-road-rage-two-dead_n_3956491.html)

"Two men are dead after pulling guns on each other during a road rage incident on Wednesday night.

Police said the dispute began when one car was tailgating another in the Michigan town of Ionia, population 11,400.

Both drivers pulled into the parking lot of a local car wash and stepped out of their vehicles, according to ABC affiliate WZZM-TV. Witnesses said the tailgating driver fired first, and the other driver returned fire.

When ambulances arrived, the men -- Ionia residents James Pullam, 43, and Robert Taylor, 56 -- were given medical care and transported to a local hospital, where they were pronounced dead, Detroit News reported.

Both men fired handguns and had valid licenses to carry concealed weapons, according to authorities, Detroit News said.

In Michigan, anyone over the age of 21 can be issued a concealed carry permit as long as they take a short gun safety class and meet a list of eligibility requirements, which include no felony convictions or mental illness diagnoses.

If Pullam and Taylor didn't have concealed carry permits, they would have been required by law to keep their firearms stored in special cases in the trunks of their cars."

My people!
Bobodeluxe
TandemBear said:

Bobodeluxe said:

On the wyoming ranch, we tell the little urchins to dig for water if they're thirsty. No woke pansy kids allowed!
Everyone knows not to DIG for water, but using dowsing rods. Duh!
Still gotta dig, or even shoot the ground until that plumbum rich effluent oozes from the soil. Ah, wyoming! I've learned so much!
Oakbear
LunchTime said:

Cal (and Berkeley) are anti-straw. While I dont agree in the city's stance, I am OK with individual institutions choosing not to send a plastic straw to the dump so I can sip it like an infant. Maybe if we somehow got to straws for to-go and restaurants not handing out 2 for every cup of water, it wouldnt be an issue.

for the last 30-40 years I have been rejecting straws and lids, often getting looks of "wha?"

they are unneeded in most cases and a major landfill problem, but most who claim to be for the environment are only for it if it does not cause an inconvenience, sad to say
SoFlaBear
TandemBear said:

SoFlaBear said:

Bobodeluxe said:

Mea Culpa! I absolutely missed the sarcasm and apologize to Bobodeluxe.
Bobodeluxe
SoFlaBear said:

TandemBear said:

SoFlaBear said:

Bobodeluxe said:

Mea Culpa! I absolutely missed the sarcasm and apologize to Bobodeluxe.
No apology EVER needed. "We"re all bozos on this bus."
dimitrig

So do we have cheerleaders this year?

Chapman_is_Gone
ninetyfourbear said:

chalcidbear said:

GoCal80 said:

I think everyone had to pass through a new kind of weapons detector that allows you to keep your keys and cell phones in your pocket. I was curious and read online to see what sort of a new security system this was. I found one article about new systems that distinguish weapons from keys using AI and wondered if this is what they are using now as we enter the stadium. You hardly even know that you are going through the detector system.

https://stadiumtechreport.com/feature/safer-faster-new-weapons-detection-technology-is-changing-the-speed-of-stadium-entry/

I certainly enjoy the new system.

I was just at the Chargers Titans game (wearing my KA13 jersey) and they had these or similar detectors. Was super fast and nice.

I'm sorry to hear you still support the Chargers. Get a spine.

Nothing personal, but people who root for the Los Angeles Chargers sicken me. No excuse, unless you're a young child who doesn't know any better.
Golden One
dimitrig said:

So do we have cheerleaders this year?

Yes.
southseasbear
Chapman_is_Gone said:

ninetyfourbear said:

chalcidbear said:

GoCal80 said:

I think everyone had to pass through a new kind of weapons detector that allows you to keep your keys and cell phones in your pocket. I was curious and read online to see what sort of a new security system this was. I found one article about new systems that distinguish weapons from keys using AI and wondered if this is what they are using now as we enter the stadium. You hardly even know that you are going through the detector system.

https://stadiumtechreport.com/feature/safer-faster-new-weapons-detection-technology-is-changing-the-speed-of-stadium-entry/

I certainly enjoy the new system.

I was just at the Chargers Titans game (wearing my KA13 jersey) and they had these or similar detectors. Was super fast and nice.

I'm sorry to hear you still support the Chargers. Get a spine.

Nothing personal, but people who root for the Los Angeles Chargers sicken me. No excuse, unless you're a young child who doesn't know any better.
I root for any NFL team that has a Golden Bear on its roster (though in the case of the Dallas Cowboys my cheers are limited to great punts).
LunchTime
eastbayyoungbear said:

bring a straw if you want a straw. It has been like 5 years of no straws. How long does it take you to figure it out?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.