Let's Pick the Pac-12 Games: Week 5

1,433 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rushinbear
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I eked out a 6-5 record last week, bringing me up to 19-13 for the season. The link to last week: https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/116643
For this week, you know the drill, odds are for the home team, my choice in italics.

Cal @ Mutts -20.5: Can't help myself with the blue tinted glasses. This will be a tough game but taking Cal to beat the spread.

Colorado @ Rubber Duckies -21: Ralphie comes down from her Rocky Mountain High. Quackers cover.

bRuins @ Mormon Marauders -3: Rising is out, but Missionaries cover.

River Rats @ Wazzoo -3: This may be the best game of the week. In the end, the Rodents cover.

Mildcats @ Furd +13: Troy Taylor is suddenly missing living in Sacramento during summer. Kittens cover.

U$C @ Spawn of Satan +34.5: Devils scouting local Pee Wee teams for replacement QB. Condoms cover.

wifeisafurd
UrsusTexicanus said:

I eked out a 6-5 record last week, bringing me up to 19-13 for the season. The link to last week: https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/116643
For this week, you know the drill, odds are for the home team, my choice in italics.

Cal @ Mutts -21: Can't help myself with the blue tinted glasses. This will be a tough game but taking Cal to beat the spread.

Colorado @ Rubber Duckies -21: Ralphie comes down from her Rocky Mountain High. Quackers cover.

bRuins @ Mormon Marauders -4.5: Missionaries seem to have their QB situations straightened out. Utes cover.

River Rats @ Wazzoo -3: This may be the best game of the week. In the end, the Rodents cover.

Mildcats @ Furd -12.5: Troy Taylor is suddenly missing living in Sacramento during summer. Kittens cover.

U$C @ Spawn of Satan -33.5: Devils scouting local Pee Wee teams for replacement QB. Condoms cover.

4-3 in the games I played and 16-8 overall. I'm sure I will revert to the norm (breakeven) soon.

Cal and points, just because Wilcox teams seem to do well against Udub. I don't see Cal winning.
Ducks. A lot of this is based on Hunter not playing. If he does, I may change my mind.
Utah. Utah is brutally tough at home, even if they though they have the injury bug
OSU. Agree with OP comments.
Furd. Taylor has to figure out his QB situation, and I think he does over time. Furd still has a good defense, so I'm taking the points.
USC covers, ASU has injury issues,, and this a blow out game. Turns on when SC put in the third team.
72CalBear
Agree except sadly Cal doesn't cover. I turned down a chance to go. I hate this feeling.
chalcidbear
Last week I went 4-2, putting me at a comfortable 16-9 as all in-conference play begins.

But first, I noticed OT quoted USC @ ASU as -33.5. Shouldn't that be +33.5, since you noted the odds are for the home team? And because of that, I wasn't sure about the Stanford/Arizona odds. I thought Arizona was favored, but your -12.5 suggests Stanford is favored - I'm treating this as Arizona being favored.

Cal @ UW: Agree with the blue-tinted spectacles: UW fails to cover, so betting on Cal.
Colorado @ Oregon: Colorado State punctured the Buffalo's balloon last week, and Oregon cleans up.

UCLA @ Utah: Why are the odds so close? Utah comfortably.

OSU @ WSU: Beavers may be a better team, but I think home field advantage is enough for WSU to cover.

UA @ Stanford: This is a tough call - I think Arizona wins, but fails to cover, so I'm betting on the Cardinal.

USC @ ASU: Trojans cover in a rout.
UrsusTexicanus
chalcidbear said:

Last week I went 4-2, putting me at a comfortable 16-9 as all in-conference play begins.

But first, I noticed OT quoted USC @ ASU as -33.5. Shouldn't that be +33.5, since you noted the odds are for the home team? And because of that, I wasn't sure about the Stanford/Arizona odds. I thought Arizona was favored, but your -12.5 suggests Stanford is favored - I'm treating this as Arizona being favored.

Cal @ UW: Agree with the blue-tinted spectacles: UW fails to cover, so betting on Cal.
Colorado @ Oregon: Colorado State punctured the Buffalo's balloon last week, and Oregon cleans up.

OSU @ WSU: Beavers may be a better team, but I think home field advantage is enough for WSU to cover.

UA @ Stanford: This is a tough call - I think Arizona wins, but fails to cover, so I'm betting on the Cardinal.

Good catch on my too hasty proof reading. I made the corrections in my original post.
Econ141
chalcidbear said:

Utah has a significant number of injuries I believe. UCLA getting lucky to play them now. I do believe Chip and crew are quietly creating a monster team down there. Winning this Saturday would be a huge boost to the national profile for them. Hope they eat it!
UrsusTexicanus
Utah spread is down to -3 since Rising is out. His backup looks capable, so I'm still taking Utes to cover.
ducky23
Right now the only difference between us and Texas AM is a competent FG kicker

The first half of the auburn-AM game is giving me hope that maybe our offense isn't a complete dumpster fire
Stolibear
A&M's offense isn't exactly first rate.
ducky23
They're #12 in the country in PPG (which isn't the greatest stat and it's against suspect competition) but still. Their offense isn't complete crap
BearHunter
Say what you want about how good Utah's defense is but UCLA only managed 9 yards rushing and scored one touchdown today. And I thought Chip Kelly was an offensive minded coach.
UrsusTexicanus
Utah has to be thankful their defense is so good because their offense is awful.

Meanwhile, Jack Plummer threw for 388 yards and 5 TD's against Boston College.
Big C
UrsusTexicanus said:

Utah has to be thankful their defense is so good because their offense is awful.

One of the less-heralded reasons why we're moving to the ACC is so that our QBs can go up against Boston College.
wifeisafurd
UrsusTexicanus said:

Utah is just injured. Cal has an awful offense.
BearHunter

On the final play of the game, Notre Dame only had 10 players on the field.
Rushinbear
Big C said:

UrsusTexicanus said:

One of the less-heralded reasons why we're moving to the ACC is so that our QBs can go up against Boston College.
still, we would take him back in a heartbeat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.