USC Media Paranoia - and our apathy

2,199 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Shocky1
sosheezy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How lame is it that with USC's impending run to the Big Ten, even in this final year, it doesn't really feel like they are are conference mates any more, so it is hard to work up the typically easily generated disdain for their arrogance - as illustrated by their recent suspension of a young reporter from practice for two weeks from a pretty innocuous report he made about something he observed outside of the official Q&A time.

Normally this board would have a field day with this story.

https://www.ocregister.com/2023/09/19/usc-football-program-blocks-scng-writers-access/
https://sports.yahoo.com/usc-suspends-reporter-for-violating-policies-after-he-wrote-about-something-that-happened-in-plain-sight-000213097.html
okaydo

okaydo
sonofabear51
Typical $c suc.
Start Slowly and taper off
okaydo
okaydo
Congrats to USC on making this a thing.

I look forward to College Gameday discussing this.

HistoryBear
It is really simple: you can't spell Scandal without SC. For the past few years it was one embarrassing scandal after another for their school. They have had trouble controlling the narrative and the best they can do is limit bad press. I actually looked it up, and found an article that lists all of $C's scandals. I had no idea how bad it was! The sex abuse lawsuit from the pervy gynecologist will probably cost $C close to $1B to settle.

I stopped paying attention to $C years ago, because I found their fans to be some of the most arrogant and delusional people I have met on the internet. They actually are comparing themselves to Stanford and Yale when it comes to academics. I nearly fell off my chair when I read that.

https://lamag.com/featured/usc-scandals-cover
maxer
HistoryBear said:

It is really simple: you can't spell Scandal without SC. For the past few years it was one embarrassing scandal after another for their school. They have had trouble controlling the narrative and the best they can do is limit bad press. I actually looked it up, and found an article that lists all of $C's scandals. I had no idea how bad it was! The sex abuse lawsuit from the pervy gynecologist will probably cost $C close to $1B to settle.

I stopped paying attention to $C years ago, because I found their fans to be some of the most arrogant and delusional people I have met on the internet. They actually are comparing themselves to Stanford and Yale when it comes to academics. I nearly fell off my chair when I read that.

https://lamag.com/featured/usc-scandals-cover
I'm reading this right now it's a good read:

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-City-Peril-Power-Angels/dp/1250824087/ref=sr_1_1?crid=33S0L2RBO8ZS8&keywords=bad+city+paul+pringle&qid=1695249935&sprefix=bad+city%2Caps%2C227&sr=8-1

The number, and breadth, of the scandals is truly shocking.
AZ Bear
This is a very bad look for USC and Lincoln Riley. Great reactions from the OC Register columnist, from Tim Kawakami (who I'm not normally a fan of), and from our own Michael Silver.

I hope this story picks up momentum because it will be entertaining and it couldn't happen to a nicer group of folks than our friends over at USC. While I don't have anything against Lincoln Riley, I admit I'm somewhat jealous that he got to springboard from Oklahoma to USC and was apparently given a massive NIL war chest to use to make USC immediately nationally relevant. It must be nice.

Imagine what Justin Wilcox could do with those resources.....okay, don't answer that, Wilcox naysayers. But I'll bet JW would not be so petty as Lincoln Riley was in this instance...
CNHTH
Mama called you Carol… I'm a call you Carol
Or succubus grundle ****
Might also call ya that.
But mostly just Carol
KoreAmBear
okaydo said:

First time I enjoyed anything Chip has ever had to say.
DoubtfulBear
AZ Bear said:

This is a very bad look for USC and Lincoln Riley. Great reactions from the OC Register columnist, from Tim Kawakami (who I'm not normally a fan of), and from our own Michael Silver.

I hope this story picks up momentum because it will be entertaining and it couldn't happen to a nicer group of folks than our friends over at USC. While I don't have anything against Lincoln Riley, I admit I'm somewhat jealous that he got to springboard from Oklahoma to USC and was apparently given a massive NIL war chest to use to make USC immediately nationally relevant. It must be nice.

Imagine what Justin Wilcox could do with those resources.....okay, don't answer that, Wilcox naysayers. But I'll bet JW would not be so petty as Lincoln Riley was in this instance...
It would a massive success if Wilcox can even convince reporters to show up to our practices
wifeisafurd
Normally you would think there is more to the story - no one gives a rat's behind about the side conversation. Then again, this is Scandal U.
blungld
I read the first few pages in the free preview. Wow! Couldn't stop as you say. Great writing. I'm hooked.
The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!
harebear
Now Lanning is threatening to ban press. Maybe if these dudes can't stand the heat of big boy football (without threatening the press) they should stay out of the kitchen!

Shocky1

who really cares about the pac 12 anymore?

after the upcoming oppenheimer game the bears & trojans will never meet again in football in our lifetimes

sc is irrelevant, got no interest in anything going on in south central after the bears go nuclear on them on october 28th, got it?

nando & shocky are very excited about the 2024 acc fall golf & gameday roadtrips!

late nite dinning at sexy fish on miami's brickell avenue (theory will only take you so far)#
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.