Streaming Games in Europe

583 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Go!Bears
Go!Bears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, I am on the other side of the pond for a while and would love to see some of the games. My Fubo and ESPN subscriptions are still active at home in the Bay Area but when I try to log in they tell me:

Lo sentimos. fuboTV no est disponible en spain con tu suscripcin actual.

I am told that a good VPN can get past this and if that is true, I am sure that one of you has figured out how to do it. I would be grateful if you would share your model of success.

Thanks in advance.
bencgilmore
Yes, a good VPN will allow you to set location to somewhere in the US, allowing you to use any streaming services you have access to.

I was able to snag a lifetime subscription to windscribe about 6 or 7 years ago for ~$150. It isn't as well marketed as Atlas and others, but it has worked flawlessly. If you see something like that you should pounce. Like most, the idea of spending $3-20/month on a VPN was not appetizing for me. Sadly I haven't seen a deal like that in years.

If you don't have one, google "buffstream CFB reddit". Takes some time and effort closing ads, but you can usually find a stream of comparable quality to watchespn or cable. I used it last week for both CFB and NFL while travelling.
CNHTH
You can watch pac 12 network on YouTube tv for free in Europe. At least you could last year.
I watched the Davis game and the Arizona game when I was in Oxford last year.
TandemBear
CNHTH said:

You can watch pac 12 network on YouTube tv for free in Europe. At least you could last year.
My YouTube TV says "VPN/Proxy Detected. Please turn off VPN/Proxy and try again." or something similar. I cannot access YouTube TV via Firefox VPN, which is lame. I guess I should get a different VPN!

Curious what others' experiences are.
juarezbear
TandemBear said:

CNHTH said:

My YouTube TV says "VPN/Proxy Detected. Please turn off VPN/Proxy and try again." or something similar. I cannot access YouTube TV via Firefox VPN, which is lame. I guess I should get a different VPN!

I'm currently in Europe and have used Nord VPN with good results. Some apps immediately knock you out if they detect a VPN.
Go!Bears
juarezbear said:

TandemBear said:

CNHTH said:

I'm currently in Europe and have used Nord VPN with good results. Some apps immediately knock you out if they detect a VPN.
Thanks, all.

Juarez, would you happen to know if Nord can fool Netflix? I will catch hell if I solve my problem and leave Mrs GB high & dry. I may do it, but it would be good to know if I am going to take flack...

Go Bears, tonight!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.