The Official BI is Jared Goff Going to His 2nd Super Bowl GameThread

12,749 Views | 198 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by bearister
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calumnus said:

okaydo said:

calumnus said:

Anarchistbear said:

DoubtfulBear said:

Anarchistbear said:

DoubtfulBear said:

bear2034 said:

bearister said:

"I realize Roger Goodell has told the officials that he desires a Taylor Swift-Travis Kelce sloppy kiss on the 50 yard line after a Chiefs W in the Super Bowl, BUT I STILL INTEND TO GET THERE!"

GO GOFF!

It's Purdy vs. Swift now.

Don't hate me, I'm rooting for Purdy.

Not that it matters much, but if the Niners win we would lose the potential East Bay fan base for good. No chance they will root for an elite research university with a mediocre football program when there's a winning pro team across the bay

What cities with pro teams and Universities have bigger fan bases for University football?
I would imagine Detroit was full of Michigan fans before the Lions started having a resurgence this year

That's a good example. I don't know enough about Detroit to know it's true. . The Lions still sell out even when bad but Michigan does also and has a bigger stadium by 1/3. You might be able to make a similar case in Ohio with the Buckeyes. Both Michigan and tOSU represent state Universities that the whole state adopts, similar to the South, but in the Bay Area- Stanford and Cal have fans that are more affiliated with the schools not the casual football fan.. The pro football franchises have always had bigger bases

It is not all or nothing. I grew up in LA rooting for UCLA and the Rams. USC still has unaffiliated fans with the Rams and Chargers there. I know someone from Seattle who is a Husky football fan even though they went to Gonzaga. Tom Hanks is a Cal fan who grew up in Oakland and went to Chabot. I have a cousin who is a Stanford season ticket holder even though he went to Sac State.

How do we know Tom Hanks is a Cal fan? Do we have any proof of him being a Cal fan in the past 20 years. Yeah, there's that clip. But he also has since sported Stanford gear...

His eyes lit up and told Costas he would trade an Oscar for a Heisman "if it could be as halfback for the California Golden Bears." THAT is a fan.

He probably had to wear the Stanford gear because he lost a bet with Reece Witherspoon or his son Truman (who went to Stanford).

This is when Tom said it:

This is what Tom looks like recently:

I'm not convinced he's a Cal fan unless he has done something to express his Cal fan-ness in the past 20 years.
DoubtfulBear
Anarchistbear said:

DoubtfulBear said:

Anarchistbear said:

DoubtfulBear said:

bear2034 said:

bearister said:

"I realize Roger Goodell has told the officials that he desires a Taylor Swift-Travis Kelce sloppy kiss on the 50 yard line after a Chiefs W in the Super Bowl, BUT I STILL INTEND TO GET THERE!"

GO GOFF!

Not that it matters much, but if the Niners win we would lose the potential East Bay fan base for good. No chance they will root for an elite research university with a mediocre football program when there's a winning pro team across the bay

What cities with pro teams and Universities have bigger fan bases for University football?
I would imagine Detroit was full of Michigan fans before the Lions started having a resurgence this year

That's a good example. I don't know enough about Detroit to know it's true. . The Lions still sell out even when bad but Michigan does also and has a bigger stadium by 1/3. You might be able to make a similar case in Ohio with the Buckeyes. Both Michigan and tOSU represent state Universities that the whole state adopts, similar to the South, but in the Bay Area- Stanford and Cal have fans that are more affiliated with the schools not the casual football fan.. The pro football franchises have always had bigger bases
Actually the best example is Seattle. Plenty of room to be both a Husky and Seahawk fan. If we had Stanford's on field success over the last decade we would definitely have a ton of fans. Without it, we will lose fans to pro sports, no matter how much the competition thins out (loss of east bay pro sports)
cal83dls79
DoubtfulBear said:

Anarchistbear said:

DoubtfulBear said:

Anarchistbear said:

DoubtfulBear said:

bear2034 said:

bearister said:

GO GOFF!

Actually the best example is Seattle. Plenty of room to be both a Husky and Seahawk fan. If we had Stanford's on field success over the last decade we would definitely have a ton of fans. Without it, we will lose fans to pro sports, no matter how much the competition thins out
what?
calumnus
okaydo said:

calumnus said:

okaydo said:

calumnus said:

Anarchistbear said:

DoubtfulBear said:

Anarchistbear said:

DoubtfulBear said:

bear2034 said:

bearister said:

GO GOFF!

It is not all or nothing. I grew up in LA rooting for UCLA and the Rams. USC still has unaffiliated fans with the Rams and Chargers there. I know someone from Seattle who is a Husky football fan even though they went to Gonzaga. Tom Hanks is a Cal fan who grew up in Oakland and went to Chabot. I have a cousin who is a Stanford season ticket holder even though he went to Sac State.

How do we know Tom Hanks is a Cal fan? Do we have any proof of him being a Cal fan in the past 20 years. Yeah, there's that clip. But he also has since sported Stanford gear...

His eyes lit up and told Costas he would trade an Oscar for a Heisman "if it could be as halfback for the California Golden Bears." THAT is a fan.

He probably had to wear the Stanford gear because he lost a bet with Reece Witherspoon or his son Truman (who went to Stanford).

This is when Tom said it:

This is what Tom looks like recently:

I'm not convinced he's a Cal fan unless he has done something to express his Cal fan-ness in the past 20 years.

Wait, so if he hasn't changed his favorite films since the 60s and 70s, why would you think he changed his favorite football team?
sycasey
Too bad we can't add to this total.

cal83dls79
And it wasn't the number on weekend qbs on this site are frightening
Anarchistbear
bearister said:

I hate to say this as a born and raised Oaklander, but Purdy seems like a pretty decent kid. He says the right things after games. He is humble and that goes a long way with me.

I think Taylor Swift is a positive force in society, but I am f@ucking tired of the traveling KC carnival (and that includes her bestie, Mahomes' annoying wife) so I will be rooting for Purdy.
I need Goodell to get that tired schtick outa my face!

Goodell, are you kidding? Taylor Swift is way bigger than the NFL. Her involvement with the NFL is estimated at increasing revenues by 300 million by Apex Marketing. Taylor Swift and the NFL are the two most valuable cultural institutions in the country.
bearister
DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

I'm guessing Ms. Juicy (wife of Niners FB, whatever her name is) is not going to knit her a custom Super Bowl jacket?

Wrong running back.
It's Kristin Juszczyk.

Kristin Juszczyk (@kristinjuszczyk) Instagram photos and videos

She just got her deal:

https://abc7news.com/kristin-juszczyk-nfl-licensing-deal-taylor-swift-chiefs-jacket-49ers/14373849/

What's your deal?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
bearister said:

I hate to say this as a born and raised Oaklander, but Purdy seems like a pretty decent kid. He says the right things after games. He is humble and that goes a long way with me.

I think Taylor Swift is a positive force in society, but I am f@ucking tired of the traveling KC carnival (and that includes her bestie, Mahomes' annoying wife) so I will be rooting for Purdy.

The last 5 Kansas City Chiefs games Taylor Swift appeared at, she was on screen during the games for a total of 2 minutes and 35 seconds, according to The New York Times.

Big C
Anarchistbear said:

bearister said:

Goodell, are you kidding? Taylor Swift is way bigger than the NFL. Her involvement with the NFL is estimated at increasing revenues by 300 million by Apex Marketing. Taylor Swift and the NFL are the two most valuable cultural institutions in the country.

That says a lot, right there...
bear2034
If Swift and Kelce are still together after the election, I may consider getting shot of Pfizer in my system.
bearister
Who is Jared Goff's fiance Christen Harper? Meet the swimsuit model

https://mol.im/a/13025699
okaydo
Tough schedule for Goff next season. So many outdoor games.

Cal88
Perhaps you're being ironic here, I see only GB and Chicago as outdoor and (potentially) cold weather situation. Average high and low in Chicago in december is 37/27, which isn't that cold for a football game. The frigid games fall mostly later in January during the playoffs.
philbert
Goff is gonna get paid

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/goff-contract-talks
okaydo
MSaviolives
philbert said:

Goff is gonna get paid

He's already been paid $161M according to this article. Life is good for Jared.
Anarchistbear
bearister
MSaviolives said:

philbert said:

Goff is gonna get paid

He's already been paid $161M according to this article. Life is good for Jared.

Hey Jared!

philbert
b said:

The comely Ms. Olivia Culpo.

* I read the Daily Mail daily. That keeps me hip/hep, or does that term out me as a late 1960's/early 1970's stoner?

"It's good to be the King."

*If I was his life coach, I would advise him to marry that attractive girl he liked in high school or college in the days before he had $65,600,000 in career earnings at the close of the 2023 season. She probably would even stand by his side when CTE comes knocking.

*I had a high school buddy that qualified for the PGA tour and married a hot groupie. After a couple of years he lost his card and his wife. She moved on to a better player.
Apparently she isn't that poor.... Christian's mom calls both her son and Olivia "moneybags."

calumnus
philbert said:

b said:

The comely Ms. Olivia Culpo.

* I read the Daily Mail daily. That keeps me hip/hep, or does that term out me as a late 1960's/early 1970's stoner?

"It's good to be the King."

*If I was his life coach, I would advise him to marry that attractive girl he liked in high school or college in the days before he had $65,600,000 in career earnings at the close of the 2023 season. She probably would even stand by his side when CTE comes knocking.

*I had a high school buddy that qualified for the PGA tour and married a hot groupie. After a couple of years he lost his card and his wife. She moved on to a better player.
Apparently she isn't that poor.... Christian's mom calls both her son and Olivia "moneybags."

Way too much "Furd doing well" for a Cal board….
prospeCt
https://www.si.com/.image/c_limit%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_700/MTY4MTcyMTIwNTA5MDY0NDY1/13-ken-stabler_0jpg.jpg

okaydo
bearister
Jared Goff has a 2-0 record versus the Chiefs in his career.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.