The Official BI is Jared Goff Going to His 2nd Super Bowl GameThread

12,754 Views | 198 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by bearister
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

I think this is over. The Niners defense looks cooked.

Purdy can't bring them down from a big hole, and Goff is going to finish them off as they key on the run.

This post sure didnt age well.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
westcoast101
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

Purdy can't bring them down from a big hole, and Goff is going to finish them off as they key on the run.

Great call!
philbert
maybe this will make bearister feel better....(the 2nd part of the tweet)

Golden One
Alkiadt said:

Golden One said:

Happy for Goff, but Shanahan has to be on the hot seat and Steve Wilks has to go. Just too much talent on this 49er team to get manhandled like they did in the 1st half.

Bwwwwwaaaaaahhaaaahhhhaaaa!!!

Whatever, but the point stands because it is completely valid. The Niners had a terrible first half.
Golden One
sycasey said:

Alkiadt said:

Golden One said:

Happy for Goff, but Shanahan has to be on the hot seat and Steve Wilks has to go. Just too much talent on this 49er team to get manhandled like they did in the 1st half.

I would still say Wilks' defense did not perform well in this game.

Completely agree.
Cal88
Golden One said:

Alkiadt said:

Golden One said:

Whatever, but the point stands because it is completely valid. The Niners had a terrible first half.

They had a bad first half because the Lions were better. Home field advantage and the Lions' lack of experience were the difference.

It felt a bit like our last game against USC, double digit lead at the half, big mistakes and momentum change in the 2nd half.
calpoly
Cal88 said:

Golden One said:

Alkiadt said:

Golden One said:

They had a bad first half because the Lions were better. Home field advantage and the Lions' lack of experience were the difference.

It felt a bit like our last game against USC, double digit lead at the half, big mistakes and momentum change in the 2nd half.
Don't you ever know when to keep your pie hole shut?
Cal88
calpoly said:

Cal88 said:

Golden One said:

Alkiadt said:

Golden One said:

Being wrong about an unlikely sports result is one thing, but being an a-hole is another.
sycasey
sycasey said:

I will also call myself out for being wrong. (Not necessarily about the defense, but you never know what kind of crazy stuff can happen! Like the Lions passing up two field goals only to fail on fourth down, or fumbling on the first play of the next possession right after giving up a TD!)
okaydo
Goff's streak of never losing to Mahomes has been kept alive.

Congrats to the Chiefs for another Super Bowl win.

cal2000
Man this sucks. Really wanted to see Goff playing in SB this season…
bear2034
bearister said:

*At least if you bet your 401(k) on Lions, YOU WON!
How about if you bet your entire 401(k) on Bitcoin ETF?
bear2034
Cal88 said:

You're up by 17 late in the 3rd, take the 3 pts.
If only....
philbert
Still some Cal rooting interest in the Super Bowl. Get a ring for Jake Tonges!

okaydo
okaydo
I feel sorry for the 49ers. You can't stop the Taylor Swift juggernaut.
Anarchistbear
49ers are done. Playoff Patty wins again. Kielce proposes on the field at the end of the game. Taylor does the 2025 Super Bowl halftime show with new baby.
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
MinotStateBeav
Detroit didn't play bad yesterday. Goff's receivers really kind of let him down with those 2 huge drops yesterday. The fumble by their running back didn't help either. I thought Detroit was the better team tbh, and those drops were very uncharacteristic of them this season. That's the difference between winning and losing though. Jared can hold his head high though, I thought he played a very smart game.
bearister
philbert said:

maybe this will make bearister feel better....(the 2nd part of the tweet)

Yes, it does make me feel better, like putting Bactine on a gaping chest wound, but better.

That is as close as the Raiders, under current ownership and management are ever going to get to another Super Bowl.

Mark Davis is probably so jealous that on SB game day he will claim that the field tray is broken and the game will have to be played on the artificial turf that UNLV plays on.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bonsallbear
Like I said, Niners beat the better team. If Josh Reynolds hangs on to either of those two passes or the Detroit safety intercepts that pass instead of having it go through his hands and bouncing off his helmet,……… Game over. Lions win in a cake walk!
RedlessWardrobe
MinotStateBeav said:

Detroit didn't play bad yesterday. Goff's receivers really kind of let him down with those 2 huge drops yesterday. The fumble by their running back didn't help either. I thought Detroit was the better team tbh, and those drops were very uncharacteristic of them this season. That's the difference between winning and losing though. Jared can hold his head high though, I thought he played a very smart game.
Four bullet points that led to the Lions losing to the 49ers:

The dropped interception that turned into a 49ers touchdown.

The dropped pass by Reynolds on the 4th and 2. Sure, the pass wasn't perfect, but it was a 7 yard pass without tightly being guarded. His position is called RECEIVER

The fumble inside their own 30 yard line.

The decision by Campbell to attempt a run on the third down play at the end. Stupid. Even with an incomplete pass the Lions could have even kicked a field goal on 4th and still would have been within one score with all three timeouts remaining.

The Packers and the Lions both let the 49ers off the hook. If the 49ers don't get it together, KC will not let them get away with it again.
sycasey
bonsallbear said:

Like I said, Niners beat the better team. If Josh Reynolds hangs on to either of those two passes or the Detroit safety intercepts that pass instead of having it go through his hands and bouncing off his helmet,……… Game over. Lions win in a cake walk!
I find it hard to blame the Lions DB for not intercepting that pass that Aiyuk caught. He was falling backwards and fighting with the WR for position; those passes are not often intercepted.

The WRs who dropped pretty open looks that could have extended Detroit drives . . . yeah, brutal.
pingpong2
sycasey said:

bonsallbear said:

I find it hard to blame the Lions DB for not intercepting that pass that Aiyuk caught. He was falling backwards and fighting with the WR for position; those passes are not often intercepted.

The WRs who dropped pretty open looks that could have extended Detroit drives . . . yeah, brutal.
Even if it was picked, it would have been DPI. Refs picked up the flag because Aiyuk caught it anyways, but you can see that the DB bumped him and slowed him down, which is why the pass looked way overthrown.
sycasey
pingpong2 said:

sycasey said:

bonsallbear said:

Even if it was picked, it would have been DPI. Refs picked up the flag because Aiyuk caught it anyways, but you can see that the DB bumped him and slowed him down, which is why the pass looked way overthrown.
Yeah, that was another piece. They picked it up and said no foul, but I wonder if they only did that because he caught it anyway. We'll never know!
BearSD
RedlessWardrobe said:

MinotStateBeav said:

The dropped pass by Reynolds on the 4th and 2. Sure, the pass wasn't perfect, but it was a 7 yard pass without tightly being guarded. His position is called RECEIVER

The decision by Campbell to attempt a run on the third down play at the end. Stupid. Even with an incomplete pass the Lions could have even kicked a field goal on 4th and still would have been within one score with all three timeouts remaining.

The Packers and the Lions both let the 49ers off the hook. If the 49ers don't get it together, KC will not let them get away with it again.
The Ravens let the Chiefs off the hook. Ravens defense shut out KC in the 2nd half. The Chiefs got away with it. The Lions didn't because SF's offense didn't kill themselves with horrendous mistakes like the Ravens did.
sycasey
BearSD said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

MinotStateBeav said:

The Ravens let the Chiefs off the hook. Ravens defense shut out KC in the 2nd half. The Chiefs got away with it. The Lions didn't because SF's offense didn't kill themselves with horrendous mistakes like the Ravens did.
Lamar Jackson's decision-making down the stretch was awful. His playoff reputation continues to take hits.
Anarchistbear
bonsallbear said:

Detroit won the first half. They were outschemed and outplayed the second half plus the pressure got to both their players and coach.
WalterSobchak
Goff's pass on the first 4th down was damn near perfect. Low and toward the boundary to allow the receiver to shield the defender while moving toward the ball. Still well within the catch radius and it hit the guy in the hands. 100% a drop. Olsen suggesting otherwise is just more BS negative narrative against Goff. Any other guy and it would've been "well he did all he could do putting it where only his guy had a chance." The only worse outcome than the incompletion would've been leaving it where the defender could jump it for a potential pick 6. Goff prevented that.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
DiabloWags
calpoly said:

Cal88 said:

Golden One said:

Alkiadt said:

Golden One said:

They call him Putin88 over in the OT Forum for a good reason.

Niner's clearly made some defensive adjustments at halftime and threw the towel in on their zone coverage.
Used man coverage on a number of plays in the second half on 3rd down and it worked.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
WalterSobchak
I wish Shanahan and Wilks would share with Wilcox and Sirmon how you scheme to get wide open receivers to drop the ball on third down. It would really help.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
cal83dls79
In the Bay Area from Maine and dare turned on Papa radio show this morning . "Goff and his big clumbsy feet" . What is it with this guy? Absolutely zero Bay Area loyalty and respect. Got fired from the Raiders for popping off and he now is the voice of the 9'rs.
Does he really know what he's talking about with X's and O's With his "a gap", back curl, counter blitz ad zero gap baloney?

westcoast101
cal83dls79 said:

In the Bay Area from Maine and dare turned on Papa radio show this morning . "Goff and his big clumbsy feet" . What is it with this guy? Absolutely zero Bay Area loyalty and respect. Got fired from the Raiders for popping off and he now is the voice of the 9'rs.
Does he really know what he's talking about with X's and O's With his "a gap", back curl, counter blitz ad zero gap baloney?

Listen to 95.7. Way better hosts than KNBR.
bear2034
DiabloWags said:

calpoly said:

Cal88 said:

Golden One said:

Alkiadt said:

Golden One said:

They call him Putin88 over in the OT Forum for a good reason.

Niner's clearly made some defensive adjustments at halftime and threw the towel in on their zone coverage.
Used man coverage on a number of plays in the second half on 3rd down and it worked.

Zone or man, Reynolds dropped two catchable passes from Goff in the 2nd half that would have extended drives. What's done is done. 49ers have zero chance against the force that is Taylor Swift.
calumnus
pingpong2 said:

sycasey said:

bonsallbear said:

The DB has as much right to position and a right to go for the ball as the WR. You could argue OPI on that play just as easily. I think the ref picked up the flag because he decided (correctly) that both players were going for the ball. It is like players jostling in the end zone on a Hail Mary, they never call PI because they all have a right to go for the ball. If the DB caught it, it would have been an interception, but Aiyuk caught it, so it was a completion.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.