Mendoza Burrito

4,831 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by cal83dls79
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal_79 said:

JSC 76 said:

calumnus said:

Cuban sandwiches are from South Florida and are essentially simple ham and melted cheese paninis (pressed/toasted ie flat and hot).

A Cuban sandwich must have 3 components: ham, pork, and a pickle.

What is the difference between ham and pork?

Ham is cured pork. A Cuban can have ham and roasted or pulled pork. Pickles and mustard.
okaydo
Unit2Sucks said:

I vote we make this the new burrito thread. It's been long enough since we had something to celebrate so let's take the easy win.

Because of the Mendoza thing, I won't trash La Burrita, but where do discerning burritotarians eat in Berkeley nowadays?

Haven't had La Burrita in 8 years, since I moved back to LA.

This is now my go-to. Had it last night.

eastbayyoungbear
okaydo said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I vote we make this the new burrito thread. It's been long enough since we had something to celebrate so let's take the easy win.

Because of the Mendoza thing, I won't trash La Burrita, but where do discerning burritotarians eat in Berkeley nowadays?

I've been there a couple of times before but only for the tacos. It's in my neck of the woods so I should try the burritos next time.

If you're ever near Culver City, there's a stand that's open from Tuesdays to Sundays that's in the parking lot of a Target on La Cienega. Very good carnitas and pastor: https://www.yelp.com/biz/ricos-tacos-naomi-los-angeles
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Does DoorDash deliver that far?
KoreAmBear
cal83dls79 said:

KoreAmBear said:

Larno said:

Okay, the people that sell the hot dogs outside the stadium, like on the corner right across from the I House - is there like a franchise for these? I would suspect not but I see a number of these and they are all the same and the food all looks the same. Moreover, I was watching the Christmas parade in my home town last December, a good 100 miles from Berkeley, and one of the carts came by, exactly like the ones I see at the games. I've never gotten one at Cal but I did then (actually, my sister did and I had part) and man was it good! I would definitely have another. Different from Top Dog but both can be good.
It's organized, and I am sure the workers are getting screwed. I think they cost like $8 or so? They're not his makeshift get a deal type of thing anymore. A Top Dog is less than $6. I'd rather get two Top Dogs.
wow. I never knew this. I always assumed these guys got a cart and supplies and set up shop. This is disappointing. I'm a top dog guy myself. If I'm running late for a game I'll get one or two on Lakeshore. Same dog, but without the excitement and pressure of spitting out your order in time.
Lots of those carts at the LA Coliseum as well.
Top Dogs are actually under $5 each. Really good deal. More reason to stick to Top Dog if you can. I don't understand why Top Dog on Center Street closes like some insanely early time like 5pm or so. Same with Bongo Burger over there.

cal83dls79
Unit2Sucks said:

agreed
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
MoragaBear
Staff
The Mendoza burrito is good! Just had one after practice today.

https://bearinsider.com/s/4011/spring-practice-day-one/1
TheDuke!!!
Being a so-cal guy, I used to hate La Burrito when I was at Cal. It was terrible. The only redeeming quality was that the Northside branch had free all you can eat chips and salsa. So as a student, I could get away with ordering a small burrito and then just fill up on chips. This was before low-carb was a thing.

But having been away from decent burritos for so long, I have to admit that the Mendoza Burrito looks really really really good.

I haven't lived in Burrito country for 25 years. Even the El Pollo Loco burritos that they show on commercial breaks at Cal football games look awesome to me at this stage of my life.
cal83dls79
KoreAmBear said:

cal83dls79 said:

KoreAmBear said:

Larno said:

Okay, the people that sell the hot dogs outside the stadium, like on the corner right across from the I House - is there like a franchise for these? I would suspect not but I see a number of these and they are all the same and the food all looks the same. Moreover, I was watching the Christmas parade in my home town last December, a good 100 miles from Berkeley, and one of the carts came by, exactly like the ones I see at the games. I've never gotten one at Cal but I did then (actually, my sister did and I had part) and man was it good! I would definitely have another. Different from Top Dog but both can be good.
It's organized, and I am sure the workers are getting screwed. I think they cost like $8 or so? They're not his makeshift get a deal type of thing anymore. A Top Dog is less than $6. I'd rather get two Top Dogs.
wow. I never knew this. I always assumed these guys got a cart and supplies and set up shop. This is disappointing. I'm a top dog guy myself. If I'm running late for a game I'll get one or two on Lakeshore. Same dog, but without the excitement and pressure of spitting out your order in time.
Lots of those carts at the LA Coliseum as well.
Top Dogs are actually under $5 each. Really good deal. More reason to stick to Top Dog if you can. I don't understand why Top Dog on Center Street closes like some insanely early time like 5pm or so. Same with Bongo Burger over there.

I do like Bongo Burger South side. Lamb burger and falafel glory and nice staff and service
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.