Rugby playoff matches announced.

741 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by chalcidbear
TomBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We now know who will play who and where. Cal's road to a national title is going to be challenging. The Bears play Cal Poly at home on the 6th, while over the hill, St. Marys will play Grand Canyon in Moraga. That will possibly be the best match on the west because I don't see UC(la) beating BYU in their playoff, but a lot depends on which UC(la) team comes to play. Grand Canyon is on their way to being an elite side, but they're not there quite yet. They will be. But this year, I think they'll be stiff against SMC before SMC starts to cruise. The last match is Central Washington vs. Arizona, and I just don't think Arizona has the horses to beat CWU. CWU looked awful in the first half of their match with St. Marys. But in that second half they really were a different team, and I just don't think Arizona matches well with them physically. Then, the second round would have Cal at St. Marys again, and that would be at St. Marys. If the Bears can get through those two rounds, it is very possible they might have a rematch with BYU before the final. But there will be a lot of ice and tape used up before then!!!
chalcidbear
Rats, I'm flying out to Texas on the 6th to see the eclipse, so I'll miss the game against Cal Poly.

Where in the hell do you find playoff info? I've been searching the web like crazy, and the best I could do was when I stumbled on Navy's site which listed the games, but in a graphic with small text that was hard to read.
TomBear

Goff Rugby Report is biased, but nonetheless a good place to get general information that you can dig into elsewhere.

If you're on FaceBook, Cal, St. Marys, Grand Canyon University, Army and Navy do good jobs of posting information. Other schools do too, but I have more interest in the above programs than most of the East Coast or Midwest powerhouses.

There is another source and it's just not coming to me right now........if I think of it I'll try to remember to add it to the thread here.

Oh,, look up Collegiate Rugby Association of America!
chalcidbear
I tried the CRAA - useless.

But the Goff Rugby Report? -Yeah THAT was informative - thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.