Markeisha and Marketing

1,711 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by 01Bear
Econ141
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looked her up on X - you wouldn't know she does marketing for Cal. No reference to cal. No retweets of even the free tickets or anything Cal football related. Get this moron out of there Lyons!
Golden One
Econ141 said:

Looked her up on X - you wouldn't know she does marketing for Cal. No reference to cal. No retweets of even the free tickets or anything Cal football related. Get this moron out of there Lyons!

We don't REALLY have a marketing department in the Cal AD.
01Bear
Golden One said:

Econ141 said:

We don't REALLY have a marketing department in the Cal AD.

Now this is the right thread to criticize the AD!
ncbears
Lyons seems to be getting involved with marketing
ncbears
Assuming this is the real Chancellor:
bearsandgiants
ncbears said:

He also seems to not know that this absolutely DID happen. Lol. Wow.
Cal88
Lyons' academic background is in finance and monetary systems, not marketing or management. Still a far cry from your usual clueless, tone-deaf academic Chancellor background (remember Ira Heyman??)
ncbears
bearsandgiants said:

ncbears said:

"Daniel" was talking about inviting high school teams to the game not the free ticket promotion.
CalBearinLA
bearsandgiants said:

ncbears said:

He's referencing his idea to implement a code on game day. Not what transpired last night. He's well aware of the issues hence the engagement on Twitter today.
bearsandgiants
CalBearinLA said:

bearsandgiants said:

ncbears said:

He's referencing his idea to implement a code on game day. Not what transpired last night. He's well aware of the issues hence the engagement on Twitter today.

Ah. Ok. That's good to hear.
HoopDreams
there might be recruiting rules against giving free tixs to sports teams above a certain age

The reason I say this is I tried to arrange a basketball team play at halftime and they said they can't do it because the team was too old so it is a recruiting violation, and they weren't even in HS

I think that's why the only teams that play at halftime are very young

I also tried to donate tickets to a HS girls BB team and they said they couldn't accept tickets but could accept a donation that wasn't for a specific reason

I would guess someone here knows the rules and can give us an informed answer

ncbears said:

bearsandgiants said:

ncbears said:

"Daniel" was talking about inviting high school teams to the game not the free ticket promotion.

AunBear89
But don't let that stop you from jumping to knee jerk negative interpretations.

I understand that confirmation bias is an easy trap to fall for when the topic is Cal athletics. But must it always be the initial reaction to everything Cal sports related?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearGoggles
It is remarkable that if you google her name or check her twitter feed, in the top results there is literally nothing promoting Cal and a lot of links promoting Markeisha Everett. She needs to go.
Econ141
Here is her X account:

https://x.com/MarkeishaDenise?t=LrnenxcY1ApICZ0wqU6R5Q&s=09

How does an active user of X who is in charge of marketing, not even retweet or send out a note about either the Cal football opening day game or the fact that they were giving away free tickets? Football is the most important sport at Cal froma revenue perspective and she doesn't care about it..

Did we sign her up for 1.3 million contract that extends 8 more years?

https://x.com/MarkeishaDenise?t=LrnenxcY1ApICZ0wqU6R5Q&s=09

Should be canned on Tuesday only because Monday is a holiday
calbear80
Time to dump Knowlton and hit hires.

Go Bears!
movielover
Since she has the Cal gig down cold, she's added two jobs to her prioritization: "Everett also serves as third vice president for the National Association of Collegiate Marketing Administrators (NACMA) and leads the external operations circle for Women Leaders In College Sports."

She only made 219K in 2023 (plus bennies), so she needs a raise. Source: Transparent California

BGolden
AD and CMO salaries should be multiplied by percentage of seats filled at Memorial Stadium.

Donate the rest to NIL, Stadium Fund and Cal Band (they're actually doing something for Cal football).
calumnus
ncbears said:

No need for proof of alum status.

Tickets should be given free to "students." Cal or otherwise: UC Davis, Berkeley CC, Laney, St. Mary's, Cal State East Bay, Contra Costa College, Graduate Theological Seminary, SFCC, USF, SF State… all East Bay high schools, kids accompanying a paying adult….
01Bear
calumnus said:

ncbears said:

Tickets should be given free to "students." Cal or otherwise: UC Davis, Berkeley CC, Laney, St. Mary's, Cal State East Bay, Contra Costa College, Graduate Theological Seminary, SFCC, USF, SF State… all East Bay high schools, kids accompanying a paying adult….

I was with you until you said "or otherwise." I'm on board with free tickets (on a first come, first served and while supplies last basis) but not to all students. I can also support including high school and younger students in this. But I'm not in favor of giving free tickets to all local college students. Think of the Big Game, do you want Furd students to get in for free and eliminate the home field advantage?
calumnus
01Bear said:

calumnus said:

ncbears said:

I was with you until you said "or otherwise." I'm on board with free tickets (on a first come, first served and while supplies last basis) but not to all students. I can also support including high school and younger students in this. But I'm not in favor of giving free tickets to all local college students. Think of the Big Game, do you want Furd students to get in for free and eliminate the home field advantage?

Big Game can be an exception (any game we might sell out otherwise), but I'm pretty sure Stanford students already get a Big Game ticket and even if half the Stanford undergrads make the trip to CMS that is what? 2,500 students? It is not going to give up a home field advantage in Big Game.
01Bear
calumnus said:

01Bear said:

calumnus said:

ncbears said:

Big Game can be an exception (any game we might sell out otherwise), but I'm pretty sure Stanford students already get a Big Game ticket and even if half the Stanford undergrads make the trip to CMS that is what? 2,500 students? It is not going to give up a home field advantage in Big Game.

Fair points, all. How about I fall back on "I hate Furd so no free tickets for Furdies?"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.