SebastaBear.....give us a reason.....

9,533 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by sycasey
cal93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why should we give more to the collective while Wilcox is still the coach?
Strykur
cal93 said:

Don't worry I think they're may be enough noise to make this a non-concern
cal93
Strykur said:

cal93 said:

I hope you are right because my wallet is officially closed for business.
sycasey
These last three results really need to start a groundswell among the donors to get Wilcox out of there. Losing one of them is forgivable. All three is unacceptable.
Strykur
sycasey said:

These last three results really need to start a groundswell among the donors to get Wilcox out of there. Losing one of them is forgivable. All three is unacceptable.
And we're gonna get some more honky talk about how we can still go 9-3/8-4....**** THAT ****
Golden One
Strykur said:

sycasey said:

And we're gonna get some more honky talk about how we can still go 9-3/8-4....**** THAT ****

Sure. And we could just as easily go 3-9 or 4-8.
BadNewsBear1
Golden One said:

Strykur said:

sycasey said:

Sure. And we could just as easily go 3-9 or 4-8.

Uh I think that's a LOT more likely.
AceBear
Let's spend the $3.3M to buyout Jim Knowlton and get in an AD that can bring in some quality assistant coaches to assist Wilcox and minimize his responsibilities.

Wilcox's buyout is $14.6M (thanks to Knowlton), let's be real, he's not going anywhere.
Strykur
AceBear said:

Let's spend the $3.3M to buyout Jim Knowlton and get in an AD that can bring in some quality assistant coaches to assist Wilcox and minimize his responsibilities.

Wilcox's buyout is $14.6M (thanks to Knowlton), let's be real, he's not going anywhere.
Buyouts are paid out over time, stretch that out over 5 years and it's manageable
WalterSobchak
Can we just move Wilcox to the basement but not fire him? Let someone else make game strategy and personnel decisions? Anyone else.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/calegendsdonate/donate-football/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
AceBear
Strykur said:

AceBear said:

Buyouts are paid out over time, stretch that out over 5 years and it's manageable

Plus, he's bound to get a DC job paying at least $1M a year. That should offset a part of what's owed to him.
socaltownie
14.6. Wow.
Take care of your Chicken
sycasey
WalterSobchak said:

Can we just move Wilcox to the basement but not fire him? Let someone else make game strategy and personnel decisions? Anyone else.

We can even give him the red stapler.
AceBear
For the love of Oski, can we just see if Ron Rivera is willing to take the job for $5M a year and move mountains to get all this done?
BearGoggles
cal93 said:

Strykur said:

cal93 said:

I hope you are right because my wallet is officially closed for business.
Don't close your wallet. Give the $$ to Madsen instead. You can direct the $$ to a specific program.
chunkybear
I would like my donation back until further notice.
pingpong2
Maybe there's a way to stipulate that the donation is traunched and can only be released after a certain milestone is met (in this case, hiring a new HC).
philly1121
Strykur said:

sycasey said:

Full disclosure, I thought 8-4 at beginning of season. I revised to 9-3 after Auburn. But after FSU and Miami, I revised to 2-3 more wins tops. All this talk about "rallying" and "season is not over". Come on now lads. We beat Wake and Stanford. NC State possibly. But that's it. I haven't seen the game highlights but I've seen the box score. 12 penalties for 110 yards?? Did Ott not play??

Its really sad actually because the ACC this year is mid. We could have been at the top. Instead, we are tied for dead last. But, I'm over it already.
SBGold
philly1121 said:

Strykur said:

sycasey said:

Full disclosure, I thought 8-4 at beginning of season. I revised to 9-3 after Auburn. But after FSU and Miami, I revised to 2-3 more wins tops. All this talk about "rallying" and "season is not over". Come on now lads. We beat Wake and Stanford. NC State possibly. But that's it. I haven't seen the game highlights but I've seen the box score. 12 penalties for 110 yards?? Did Ott not play??

Its really sad actually because the ACC this year is mid. We could have been at the top. Instead, we are tied for dead last. But, I'm over it already.
the ACC was there for the taking and we just couldn't get it done. Ott didn't play.

Pitt scored no points in the 2nd half
sycasey
philly1121 said:

Strykur said:

sycasey said:

I don't think Syracuse is any better than Pitt and we will be at home. Oregon State? Who knows, they've been beating Mountain West teams all year and didn't really give Oregon a game. Those are winnable too.

But this season still should have been better.

By the way, Ott was declared out before the game started. He's clearly been banged up all year.
philly1121
ACC was there for taking and we mishandled it.

Syracuse has a pretty good offense. Oregon State always gives us problems. They've beaten us 4 out last 5. I don't know. I'm disillusioned. I didn't know Ott wasn't playing.
upsetof86
He gets us. LOL. After terrible losses that much is clear. And if course the usual pearl clutching reasons like, he's never going to grab a co Ed or degrade a kicker like Urban Meyer has. Lol. Juvenile criteria for picking a HC for sure but not far from the great fear that grips Cal when searching for coaches I am sure.
bearsandgiants
pingpong2 said:

Maybe there's a way to stipulate that the donation is traunched and can only be released after a certain milestone is met (in this case, hiring a new HC).

No way I want knowlton anywhere near this next decision.
sycasey
The donors that potentially buy out Wilcox also need to demand that they and/or Sebasta's group get to run the coaching search. No hire unless they approve it. NIL is the best way out of this mess, and they need to remain engaged.
Grigsby
I cannot fathom how anyone thinks any game left is a gimmick. This team cannot run the football, cannot pass block, and has a gutless idiot for a coach who can't even reason why playing for a field goal with a mediocre field goal kicker while the other team has a NFL caliber kicker with just 2 minutes left.
WalterSobchak
At a bare minimum we need them to step in an veto idiotic personnel decisions like firing Bhaghani. We've now lost 2 games as a direct result of that mistake, and it was entirely predictable. My heart sank immediately when I heard Wilcox made that decision last winter. So arrogant and stupid. Now we're paying a huge price for it. Wilcox has proven definitively that he cannot be trusted to be a steward for our program. We need capable leadership to fix this flawed decisionmaking and ensure it doesn't happen again in the future. This year is squandered. With a competent HC we would be 6-0 and looking at a guaranteed 10+ win season. We still have that opportunity again next year but cannot under any circumstances trust Wilcox to deliver it. People need to act and act NOW. If that causes him to quit all the better.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/calegendsdonate/donate-football/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
ducky23
Is there something in Wilcox's contract that says he must be employed as the HC?

Why can't we just make him the most expensive DC ever (if he doesn't agree to it he can quit). Then maybe Ron takes a heavy heavy discount? (I mean how much is this man donating to NIL? Just have him stop doing that and take less salary)

Have Ron right the ship until we can get rid of Wilcox once his contract expires. And then have Ron have select his successor.

Oski vs Everyone
8 weeks ago a couple of guys got banned permanently for saying the exact same thing -- that there shouldnt be any additional support for the collective until Cal fires Wilcox and Knowlton.

It turns out they weren't wrong. They were just early.

Same thing happened with the early folks who wanted Tedford or Dykes fired.

In the future, we should try to listen to other people and engage with the merits of their arguments instead of just booting them.

But this is a message board, so that probably won't happen.

Go Bears!
ducky23
Oski vs Everyone said:

8 weeks ago a couple of guys got banned permanently for saying the exact same thing -- that there shouldnt be any additional support for the collective until Cal fires Wilcox and Knowlton.

In the future, we should try to listen to other people and engage with the merits of their arguments instead of just booting them.

Go Bears!

I think this is a very difficult and delicate dilemma. Do we encourage people not to donate to NIL? But by donating or we enabling Knowlton and Wilcox? It's a tough question. Whatever sebasta decides I'll go with.
CarmelBear
This
Strykur
ducky23 said:

Oski vs Everyone said:

Go Bears!
I think this is a very difficult and delicate dilemma. Do we encourage people not to donate to NIL? But by donating or we enabling Knowlton and Wilcox? It's a tough question. Whatever sebasta decides I'll go with.
The folks who write checks will decide this anyway
CarmelBear
ducky23 said:

Is there something in Wilcox's contract that says he must be employed as the HC?

Why can't we just make him the most expensive DC ever (if he doesn't agree to it he can quit). Then maybe Ron takes a heavy heavy discount? (I mean how much is this man donating to NIL? Just have him stop doing that and take less salary)

Have Ron right the ship until we can get rid of Wilcox once his contract expires. And then have Ron have select his successor.

Knowing Ron and his love of the program, this is not far fetched.

ducky23
CarmelBear said:

ducky23 said:

Knowing Ron and his love of the program, this is not far fetched.

This may be sacrilege, but I don't think Ron is even that great of a coach. But he has two things we need. He has attitude and he has balls. He's riverboat Ron. There's zero chance you would see a Rivera led team play in crunch time the way we have the last 3 games.
pingpong2
I'd rather us lose because we were too aggressive instead of losing because we were scared *******.
rkt88edmo
Attacking and withholding from NIL is counter productive unless you disagree with the direction that NIL is taking and even then you should be able to direct to just the players you are interested in and not general fund. This is not a Wilcox slush fund. If you want better Cal FB and BB, give to NIL
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.