These guys nailed it.
And this was before the UNLV game.
Are they wrong?
And this was before the UNLV game.
Are they wrong?
m2bear said:
These guys nailed it.
And this was before the UNLV game.
Are they wrong?
jy1988 said:
They are dead-on. I hadn't thought of the comparison to Orgeron, but that is soooo true. The hiring should have been an open process looking at ALL possible candidates. And next, an offensive-minded coach, please.
concordtom said:
The bit addresses inexperience with the OC, the DC, Special Teams, and no HC experience to boot.
But I thought Tosh had "all the contacts"?
And like Trump, he was only going to hire all the best people? I believe he said so in his announcement presser! People were already banging on his door.
So the OC Somerville had never called plays before other that 12 year old football?
concernedparent said:concordtom said:
The bit addresses inexperience with the OC, the DC, Special Teams, and no HC experience to boot.
But I thought Tosh had "all the contacts"?
And like Trump, he was only going to hire all the best people? I believe he said so in his announcement presser! People were already banging on his door.
So the OC Somerville had never called plays before other that 12 year old football?
Giving Somerville the job was the moment I seriously questioned the Tosh hire. Hutchings you could kind of squint and make it make sense. He at least was a full-time position coach, played linebacker at the college level, and would serve under a defense minded HC. Somverille has been even worse than I could've even imagined. I thought with the sheer amount of talent we'd at least eek out a below average offense.
82gradDLSdad said:
Temu Ed Orgeron. Ouch...but kinda funny and very accurate.
Coach Brennan’s first season at Arizona was a catastrophe: 4–8, and the program needed a reset. He made the hard calls, fired the coordinators, brought in a new staff and changed the direction of the team. With those changes, Arizona is 13–5.
— The cfb lliason (@realfbllliason) October 4, 2026
That’s an unbelievable job. Brennan… https://t.co/iMnPAJ4QVu pic.twitter.com/8zhqVCnyTH
wifeisafurd said:82gradDLSdad said:
Temu Ed Orgeron. Ouch...but kinda funny and very accurate.
The guy who won a Nattie?
82gradDLSdad said:wifeisafurd said:82gradDLSdad said:
Temu Ed Orgeron. Ouch...but kinda funny and very accurate.
The guy who won a Nattie?
Hence the TEMU prefix. I'm sure Cal fans would love a NC but his short HC career was filled with craziness and erratic behavior and hirings. I guess if anyone can duplicate an Orgeron type of career it would be Tosh. But it was at a football school which Cal is not.
concernedparent said:concordtom said:
The bit addresses inexperience with the OC, the DC, Special Teams, and no HC experience to boot.
But I thought Tosh had "all the contacts"?
And like Trump, he was only going to hire all the best people? I believe he said so in his announcement presser! People were already banging on his door.
So the OC Somerville had never called plays before other that 12 year old football?
Giving Somerville the job was the moment I seriously questioned the Tosh hire. Hutchings you could kind of squint and make it make sense. He at least was a full-time position coach, played linebacker at the college level, and would serve under a defense minded HC. Somverille has been even worse than I could've even imagined. I thought with the sheer amount of talent we'd at least eek out a below average offense.
concordtom said:
The bit addresses inexperience with the OC, the DC, Special Teams, and no HC experience to boot.
But I thought Tosh had "all the contacts"?
And like Trump, he was only going to hire all the best people? I believe he said so in his announcement presser! People were already banging on his door.
So the OC Somerville had never called plays before other that 12 year old football?
jy1988 said:
They are dead-on. I hadn't thought of the comparison to Orgeron, but that is soooo true. The hiring should have been an open process looking at ALL possible candidates. And next, an offensive-minded coach, please.