Who is your most tolerated former Stan. player in the NFL?

6,355 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Anarchistbear
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
triplebear said:

Sadly I hear he's now in terrible pain given his time in the NFL.
Mercury News: Jim Plunkett's painful journey: 'My life sucks'
mbBear
B.A. Bearacus said:

Not meant to be a fanboy thread, but just a thought exercise given that it's rivalry week. We obviously don't like these mofos when they're in college, but sometimes after years as a pro one can acquire a tolerance for maybe one or two, based on their play as a pro.

Who is your most tolerated retired and active player from there?

Retired: Jim Plunkett. I was disappointed that the Raiders beat the Eagles in the first Super Bowl that I ever watched, and I was a Dan Fouts/Charger fan so I rooted against him at least twice every year, but overall I respected how effective, scrappy, and in command he was.

Active: Richard Sherman. I respect that he speaks his mind and that he's among the game's best at his position, despite not being the most physically gifted.
Retired: Cory Booker, the next President of the United States
Active: Zach Ertz....E-A-G-L-E-S...EAGLES!
socaliganbear
I like Sherman.
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

triplebear said:

Sadly I hear he's now in terrible pain given his time in the NFL.
Mercury News: Jim Plunkett's painful journey: 'My life sucks'

That's where I read about Plunkett's pain. If he's saying his life sucks, it has to be bad.
Another Bear
socaliganbear said:

I like Sherman.
+1 He jaws a lot but can generally back it up. The screaming on national TV was weird but in context to everything, whatever.
Rbears
Austin Hooper, I met him when he was in high school, he was really nice
sosheezy
Doug Baldwin has developed into a pretty good pro receiver. Plus can't believe he mimed POOPING a football during the Super Bowl a few year ago!!!
RichyBear
I also vote for Plunkett. He won a Rosebowl for Stanford, and 2 SuperBowls for the Raiders.
Anarchistbear
Sherman, because he represents everything Stanford gentlemen are not- he's loud, rude and aggressive, so they hate him. Otoh, Jonathan Martin is the perfect Furd representative- a 350 lb passive aggressive sissy who hides behind his mommy lawyer's skirt
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.