Update on Kazmeir Allen - Top Cal Target

8,890 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by pappysghost
BearGreg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Allen will likely set every significant single season California state rushing and TD record this season. As one of the fastest players in the country, his recruitment is heating up. Find out where Cal sits right Here
burritos
BearGreg said:

Allen will likely set every significant single season California state rushing and TD record this season. As one of the fastest players in the country, his recruitment is heating up. Find out where Cal sits right Here
Are the linemen on his team worth going after or is it all Allen?
YamhillBear
This would be a sweet get!
Big C
What's Allen's size and speed?
BearGreg
Staff
He's 5'10" and 180lbs. Narrow base - he looks more like a CB than a RB at this stage (somewhat like Shane Vereen did coming out of HS) though he's strong. He finished 6th in the California State finals 100M last Spring with a 10.48.

calumnus
BearGreg said:

He's 5'10" and 180lbs. Narrow base - he looks more like a CB than a RB at this stage (somewhat like Shane Vereen did coming out of HS) though he's strong. He finished 6th in the California State finals 100M last Spring with a 10.48.

Jahvid Best size, speed
82gradDLSdad
This guy would make Bowers look unbelievably better.
GranadaHillsBear
calumnus said:

Jahvid Best size, speed

Didn't Jahvid run a 10.3?
Bear19
For non BI subscribers, what does the article say about Cal's chances?
BearGreg
Staff
GranadaHillsBear said:

calumnus said:

Jahvid Best size, speed

As a senior, Best finished 5th in the state as a junior running a 10.65 though his 11th grade PR was a bit faster than Allen's.
BearGreg
Staff
Bear19 said:

Sorry 19, no one shares premium information on the free boards.
calumnus
BearGreg said:

GranadaHillsBear said:

calumnus said:

Jahvid Best size, speed

As a senior, Best finished 5th in the state as a junior running a 10.65 though his 11th grade PR was a bit faster than Allen's.

Three backs listed at 5-10 175-180 coming out of high school with track speed: Best, Vereen and now Allen
Vereen was 10.76, so Allen's 10.48 is definitely closer to Best in speed. What is striking is Allen scores a TD on every third touch.
Seogju
Didn't Khalfani Muhammad and Brendan Bigelow also have similar measurables - height, weight, track times?
Big C
BearGreg said:

GranadaHillsBear said:

calumnus said:

Jahvid Best size, speed

IIRC, Jahvid Best won the State Meet 100 with a time of 10.3X, one of the faster times ever recorded in CA and finished 2nd in the 200 to another guy who went to $C to run track (Bryshon Nellum?). Nellum's time in that 200 race was blistering, maybe the top first, second or third ever in CA and even Best's 2nd place was something like the 10th fastest ever in CA.
82gradDLSdad
Seogju said:

Didn't Khalfani Muhammad and Brendan Bigelow also have similar measurables - height, weight, track times?

Way to throw cold water on my excitement. I guess speed and a great high school football tape isn't a guarantee of great success in college.
tim94501
His aunt works at the Safeway near my house says he's a silent.
Unit2Sucks
Wow I can't believe 10.48 was only good for 5th place! With his tape and that speed, I'm really excited to see what he can do. I compared him to Dillon Baxter earlier but Allen has better top end speed. Really hope we get this guy.
YamhillBear
tim94501 said:

Is that the Safeway next to Boston Market?
YamhillBear
Bear19 said:

A different free site mentioned that he decommitted from Boise State when he got the Cal offer and had said Cal was his "dream school". Really hoping that is the case.
BearForce1
Khalfani was a fine back - I'll take another one of him anytime
Alkiadt
YamhillBear said:

tim94501 said:

Is that the Safeway next to Boston Market?

I've heard that he is a silent from a very credible source as well.
I don't go to Boston Market....
bencgilmore
Seogju said:

Bigs had a really fast time his soph year(?), i believe in the 10.3 or 10.4 range, but had two knee issues so outside a few flashes I'm not sure we ever saw that. Khalfani ran a 10.5, and we *did* see a lot of that. After his first year I always thought Khalfani was clearly our best option, and he ran more physically than a lot of these other fast backs (save Vereen) as well.
burritos
Bear19 said:

62-65% likelihood. There is a 40% that my prediction is accurate and a 5% chance that it's adequately informed(vs completely which may be unnecessary to make the call). IOW, 247 says warmer vs warm with the other contenders.
82gradDLSdad
BearForce1 said:

No disrespect but this kid's high school highlights puts him in a category well above 'fine back'. We have a couple of 'fine backs' right now. If this kid pans out our team has a chance at great things. With that said it all depends on the quality of our lines.
burritos
BearForce1 said:

Me too. Would you take another Isi who would be guaranteed 7 carries per game?

PtownBear1
I recall Tre Watson had a similar trajectory - 3 star, low to moderate recruitment through his junior year, then started putting up video game numbers in his senior season and getting lots of hype. Would be curious how their stats and competition compared but too lazy to look it up.
calgo430
allen is a real need. may the football gods be with us.
NYCGOBEARS
PtownBear1 said:

I recall Tre Watson had a similar trajectory - 3 star, low to moderate recruitment through his junior year, then started putting up video game numbers in his senior season and getting lots of hype. Would be curious how their stats and competition compared but too lazy to look it up.

Tre played at Corona Centennial, which plays in one of the most competitive HS leagues in the country. Kaz, I have zero idea what his competition is. Also, although both were 3 stars on 247, Tre was rated higher. What's up with Kaz's 4.6 forty on 247? That can't be right.
GivemTheAxe
Yes it is. I believe she worked at Boston Market before taking the job at Safeway. So I guess he is a Cal lock.
CalBear916
He likes Wisconsin a lot...
StillABear1
Wisconsin is loaded at RB, as usual. Taylor, already has over 1500 yards, is a frosh. The backups, Shaw and Groshek are So and Fr, respectively. All three are bigger backs 215-220 lbs. Not that Allen will be afraid of competition, but we have the bigger opportunity for him early.

Khalfani is arguably one of the greatest California prep sprinters as he was two-time state champion in both the 100 and 200. HS PR's were 10.33/20.73.

Best had HS PR's of 10.31/10.65. Finished first in the 100; second in the 200 in perhaps the greatest 200M race in state history as Nellum and Best ran the fastest times in the nation that year. Javhid had the 5th best 100 time in the nation. Both Best and Khalfani are among the all time elite track guys in California history.

Allen's 10.48 is really impressive. I don't see how his 40 time jives with his elite 100m.
burritos
CalBear916 said:

He likes Wisconsin a lot...
Because Wilcox was recruiting him last year?

Also, anyone know who his mom likes?
mikecohen
Does his name reflect any relation to or acknowledgement of the 1951 Heisman Trophy winner?
calumnus
SadbutTrue999 said:

Seogju said:

Bigs had a really fast time his soph year(?), i believe in the 10.3 or 10.4 range, but had two knee issues so outside a few flashes I'm not sure we ever saw that.

4 touches for 160 yds and 2 TDs in the first half at Ohio State

No injury, but no touches in the second half. Gould and Tedford (and Bigelow) had no explanation after the game. We almost won anyway, but it was one of many games where we did not seem to capitalize on the hot hand of Marshawn, Jahvid, Desean, etc (even if using them as a decoy)...
Off da' Heezy Marsheezy
Bigelow had 1 TD in the 3rd quarter of that Ohio State game and 1 in the 4th. Doesn't change the fact that he had limited touches, but it wasn't like he ripped them up in the first half and never saw the ball again.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.