Strong close to 2018 Recruiting Class and new assistant coaching hire - PREMIUM

30,001 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bear19
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Paraphrasing Senator Howard Baker during the Watergate hearings: "What did the Premium know and when did it know it?"
bonsallbear
Please. Please. Please
Christian Jones. He WILL be a difference maker.
Sebastabear
ayetee11 said:

MoragaBear said:

Your guess is wrong but the number who knew wasn't high

So it wasn't on the premium boards before it was announced?
I think it's fair to say that folks on the premium board knew that references to elephants, tides and the letter "A" weren't actual clues.
Yogi58
Sebastabear said:

ayetee11 said:

MoragaBear said:

I think it's fair to say that folks on the premium board knew that references to elephants, tides and the letter "A" weren't actual clues.
I think it's far to say that having to wait until the 10th coach was publicly announced to find out who it was didn't negatively impact my life other than that it deprived of the pleasure of enjoying the "Louisville fans hate Sirmon" thread earlier than I would have been able to otherwise.
Sebastabear
Yogi Bear said:

Sebastabear said:

ayetee11 said:

MoragaBear said:

I think it's far to say that having to wait until the 10th coach was publicly announced to find out who it was didn't negatively impact my life other than that it deprived of the pleasure of enjoying the "Louisville fans hate Sirmon" thread earlier than I would have been able to otherwise.
Aren't you supposed to be off enjoyimg your fake honeymoon with your pretend Australian wife now or something?
B.A. Bearacus
Sebasta, did you just out Yogi's BI side hustle?
Yogi58
Sebastabear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Sebastabear said:

ayetee11 said:

MoragaBear said:

Aren't you supposed to be off enjoyimg your fake honeymoon with your pretend Australian wife now or something?
Your guess is wrong. With a premium all-access Yogi pass, you can know the activities, whereabouts, and marital information of Yogi so that your need to be first and accurate in all Yogi-related things can be satiated. Kangaroo satay snacks optional.
Cal Strong!
Sebastabear said:

Why weak posters like Sebastabear try to drag Cal Strong into thread that have nothing to do with him?

What the matter, Sebastabear? You normally strong. Why you weak now? Why you slam Yogi so weak? Why you spell "enjoying" so weak? Bearinsider need Sebastabear to stop being weak and start being STRONG . . . like Cal . . . and Cal Strong.

For Sebastabear information, Cal Strong no longer on full honeymoon. Cal Strong and Mrs. Strong enjoyed New Caledonia the best, but Vanuatu pretty strong too. But Mrs. Strong injured foot on coral reef in Vanuatu. Injury a bit of a weak bummer. But the Strongs no let it get them down. Next play.

Cal Strong now on half honeymoon . . . working only 5 hour days from Mrs. Strong's family beach house on Australian Central Coast. Still goes swimming every day . . . no weights since day before wedding (Dec. 21). Lots of pushups, chin ups, running, smoothies, and snorkeling.

Cal Strong return to Egypt on Saturday. Then it time to get serious.

B.A. Bearacus
Cal Strong, compared to the intelligence of other Bears on BI, would you say that you're about average or smarter than average?
Cal Strong!
B.A. Bearacus said:

Cal Strong, compared to the intelligence of other Bears on BI, would you say that you're about average or smarter than average?
B.A. Bearacus question a non-sequitur. But Cal Strong love all Cal Bears, so he answer.

Cal Strong have Ph.D. and do some important work overseas and publish some important papers. Cal Strong certainly better at formatting ellipses than most posters on Bearinsider. And he come up with most intelligent plan to help bears stop being weak.

Does that make Cal Strong smarter than other Cal Bears? Hmmmm. Certainly Cal Strong smarter than some.

But better question is: is Cal Strong stronger?
B.A. Bearacus
Hmm, so Cal Strong is "smarter than the average Bear"...

Cal Strong!
B.A. Bearacus said:

Hmm, Cal Strong is smarter than the average Bear.

B.A. Bearacus posting STRONG today! Like Yogi . . . and Cal . . . and Cal Strong!

Cal STRONG!!!!
Yogi58
B.A. Bearacus said:

Hmm, so Cal Strong is "smarter than the average Bear"...

Who is Yogi Bear? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear B.A. Bearacus tell it, anybody could have worked for Yogi. You never knew. That was his power.

Bear19
ayetee11 said:

Just still wishing Tosh comes back one day.
Yea, having that lying snake screw Cal once again would be lots of fun.

As long as Wilcox is running the show, lying snake will never be hired at Cal. Wilcox insists his coaches have at least a morsel of integrity. That rules out lying snake from the get go.
socaliganbear
Bear19 said:

ayetee11 said:

As long as Wilcox is running the show, lying snake will never be hired at Cal. Wilcox insists his coaches have at least a morsel of integrity. That rules out lying snake from the get go.
Wilcox literally tried to hire Tosh...
Alkiadt
socaliganbear said:

Bear19 said:

ayetee11 said:

Exactly. Tosh and Wilcox are very good friends.
And yes, Wilcox did try to hire him.

Much more to the departure story than what people were led to believe, me included.
Tosh could have handled his side of the story better by taking a higher road, for sure, but coaches leave.
Tedford was not easy to work for.
6956bear
Alkiadt said:

socaliganbear said:

Bear19 said:

ayetee11 said:

Much more to the departure story than what people were led to believe, me included.
Tosh could have handled his side of the story better by taking a higher road, for sure, but coaches leave.
Yes. JT was tough to work for. Both sides could have dealt with it much better.
going4roses
Funny how things have worked out...
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
95bears
I bumped into QB Coach Tui yesterday, he's just moved to Lafayette. He seemed pretty gung ho about the class overall. Considering what he's used to the last couple of years at SC and UCLA, am hoping this is a great sign.
flounder
Bear19 said:

ayetee11 said:

you sound like an OKC fan talking about KD
Sebastabear
Alkiadt said:

socaliganbear said:

Bear19 said:

ayetee11 said:

BJust still wishing Tosh comes back one day.

I know people now say this and it seems to be on the way to becoming conventional wisdom, but honestly I don't get it. I was close to this situation and had direct conversations with most of the principals left behind in this train wreck, but I have yet to hear the underlying facts as I understood them at that time refuted or even disputed. Lupoi recruited Cal recruits for UW while wearing a Cal uniform and on Cal's payroll and he told some of our star recruits that they didn't have to come to UW but whatever they did they shouldn't come to Cal. He actively sought to wreck Cal's class. He did this to a guy who took a chance on him and gave him his first job in athletics. Period full stop.

People like to talk about his motivations and justifications but his actions speak for themselves and in my book always will.
Yogi58
Sebastabear said:

Alkiadt said:

socaliganbear said:

Bear19 said:

ayetee11 said:

I know people now say this and it seems to be on the way to becoming conventional wisdom, but honestly I don't get it. I was close to this situation and had direct conversations with most of the principals left behind in this train wreck, but I have yet to hear the underlying facts as I understood them at that time refuted or even disputed. Lupoi recruited Cal recruits for UW while wearing a Cal uniform and on Cal's payroll and he told some of our star recruits that they didn't have to come to UW but whatever they did they shouldn't come to Cal. He actively sought to wreck Cal's class. He did this to a guy who took a chance on him and gave him his first job in athletics. Period full stop.

People like to talk about his motivations and justifications but his actions speak for themselves and in my book always will.
The day Tosh comes back as defensive coordinator, I'm going to have a long, hearty laugh.
Sebastabear
Yogi Bear said:

Sebastabear said:

Alkiadt said:

socaliganbear said:

Bear19 said:

ayetee11 said:

GBJust still wishing Tosh comes back one day.

The day Tosh comes back as defensive coordinator, I'm going to have a long, hearty laugh.
Me to, but for different reasons. Wouldn't hold my breath.
socaliganbear
Sebastabear said:

Alkiadt said:

socaliganbear said:

Bear19 said:

ayetee11 said:

There's probably nothing that would justify what he did. Even if I think JT throwing him under the bus was incredibly sh***y, and probably worse than most on here seem to think. You can only assume that he has matured, grown as a professional, and is remorseful, and are willing to simply choose to get over it.
going4roses
Personal perspective
calumnus
socaliganbear said:

Sebastabear said:

Alkiadt said:

socaliganbear said:

Bear19 said:

ayetee11 said:

There's probably nothing that would justify what he did. Even if I think JT throwing him under the bus was incredibly sh***y, and probably worse than most on here seem to think. You can only assume that he has matured, grown as a professional, and is remorseful, and are willing to simply choose to get over it.

I understand not being happy with your boss (Tedford) and seeking a better opportunity elsewhere. But screwing your alma mater (in a major way) in the process? Then expecting to be welcomed back because you "had your reasons"?
socaliganbear
calumnus said:

socaliganbear said:

Sebastabear said:

Alkiadt said:

socaliganbear said:

Bear19 said:

ayetee11 said:

I understand not being happy with your boss (Tedford) and seeking a better opportunity elsewhere. But screwing your alma mater (in a major way) in the process? Then expecting to be welcomed back because you "had your reasons"?
This is a narrative people, including you, are attributing to him. But he turned down Wilcox, so clearly this scene you're playing out in your head didn't happen.
Bear19
Alkiadt said:

Aw, poor little Lying Snake. Tedford was hard to work for!! Did Lying Snake get his poor little feelings hurt? You think that justifies what Lying Snake did?

NEWS FLASH: It doesn't.

And exactly how do you know Wilcox tried to hire Lying Snake? Stop with this nonsense. Tedford wants nothing to do with Lying Snake. And neither does any coach who has the slightest inkling of truthfulness or integrity.

going4roses
Hmm k
wifeisafurd
This is just one bizarre thread.
B.A. Bearacus
Who did we just pick up. Any clues?

bonsallbear
So you're saying we have a chance with Christian Jones?
Yogi58
B.A. Bearacus said:

Who did we just pick up. Any clues?

I know, but Sebastabear has insisted that I cannot share the info
CalBearinLA
On twitter:

MoragaBear
Staff
https://bearinsider.com/s/416/fatilua-talks-cal-commitment

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.