Cal football destroyed Black Panther director's football team

2,560 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by okaydo
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

socaliganbear
He's 31? Fml...
NeverOddOrEven
So painful to see that N. Longshore stat line...

I feel like it's been etched in my brain along with J. Ayoob 0-10...
KoreAmBear
Sac State destroyed us by rolling Nate in 2005.

Nate had a great 2006 season.

But Nate didn't learn from the Sac State game when he got injured in the 2007 Oregon game. He was ball watching exactly like in 2005 and got rolled again, breaking his ankle. He could have completely avoided that if he had his head on a swivel or jogged away from the pocket after he threw the ball. Instead he was flat footed and our 2007 season went from the upper most pinnacle to nadir in Cal-horrific fashion in a matter of weeks.
calumnus
KoreAmBear said:

But Nate didn't learn from the Sac State game when he got injured in the 2007 Oregon game. He was ball watching exactly like in 2005 and got rolled again, breaking his ankle. He could have completely avoided that if he had his head on a swivel or jogged away from the pocket after he threw the ball. Instead he was flat footed and our 2007 season went from the upper most pinnacle to nadir in Cal-horrific fashion in a matter of weeks.

Unfortunately in 2006, Nate had his worst games at the end against Arizona and USC, completing under 50% and throwing 5 interceptions (though the play calling was horrible). Win either of those and we were in the Rose Bowl.
NYCGOBEARS
With Coogler and Hanks, Sac State has had much success in Hollywood with Oakland native alums.
GivemTheAxe
KoreAmBear said:

I blame JT for the awful season. 1. Keeping an obviously injured Longshoe in game after game. 2. Refusing to play Kevin Riley and destroying KR's confidence. Effectively destroying 2 good QBs in one season.
okaydo
I caught a few minutes of this just to see if I could catch one of Coogler's catches, but I kept seeing the former Cal player that is most talked about on this board.

blungld
I can't believe I just spent my Saturday morning re-watching that game. Tedford did Ayoob no favors in his play calling. Has him come in cold and throw downfield pass after pass and then yanks him. No mix of running plays or easy short passes.

I forgot that Levy played most of the second half.

And I also forgot one of the oddest plays I've ever seen. We block the punt, recover it, and then have it stripped and advanced for a Sac St first down.
socaliganbear
okaydo
Also what I remember about this game is this tidbit. The Sac State head coach had known Tedford since he was 15

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/CAL-FOOTBALL-Coaches-make-game-seem-friendly-2644051.php

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.