2018 Schedule

12,197 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FuzzyWuzzy
Richard__Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Corvallis' location near Portland is a draw.

Plus, we should win the game against Oregon State. Not sure about beating BYU on the road, and the Arizona games seem to always be crazy.

I've already been to Pullman for a Cal win in the Tedford Era. That sure was a long drive from Seattle to Pullman on a Friday afternoon/evening, an overnight stay in Lewiston, Idaho, because all the Pullman hotels were sold out, and then a long drive back late on Saturday night to Seattle to catch a Seahawks game with Marshawn on the Sunday.
Big C
Richard__Lee said:

Plus, we should win the game against Oregon State. Not sure about beating BYU on the road, and the Arizona games seem to always be crazy.

I've already been to Pullman for a Cal win in the Tedford Era. That sure was a long drive from Seattle to Pullman on a Friday afternoon/evening, an overnight stay in Lewiston, Idaho, because all the Pullman hotels were sold out, and then a long drive back late on Saturday night to Seattle to catch a Seahawks game with Marshawn on the Sunday.
Whoa, "Richard_Lee", welcome back!

Go Bears!
Richard__Lee
Big C said:

Richard__Lee said:

Whoa, "Richard_Lee", welcome back!

Go Bears!

Thanks! Good to be here!
calbear80
I have watched Cal play football in every staduum that Cal plays in this year except BYU (good and bad memories). I may try to make it to Provo on September 8 if I get back from Europe in time.

Go Bears!
nwbear84
That's not true, there's a Holiday Inn and a Residence Inn right in Pullman. Probably tough to get a room on a football weekend, but I stayed at the HI when I watched Cal demolish WSU 66-3 in 2008. It was a little rough at the beginning wearing Cal gear and sitting in the WSU student section(guest ticket during my daughters recruiting visit), but once the beat down was clear it got to be more fun. Of course, that wasn't long since the first play from scrimmage was a Best 80 yard touchdown run.

nwbear84
Oh, and if you want to read a fun game summary check this out....

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=282500265
smh
deleted
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
FuzzyWuzzy
nwbear84 said:

Oh, and if you want to read a fun game summary check this out....

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=282500265
Yes, two 80+ yard td runs by Best that day. I think that was some sort of record. I actually started to feel sorry for the Cougs. But let that mistake be a lesson to every Cal fan: never feel sorry for our opponent because the shoe will be on the other foot soon enough.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.