Jonathan Martin (former Stanfurd lineman) Arrested?

3,876 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by upsetof86
LunchTime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.businessinsider.com/former-nfl-players-instagram-post-may-be-linked-to-school-shutdown-2018-2

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jonathan-martin-arrested-after-gun-threat-to-two-nfl-players-and-old-high-school/

FWIW; 2 of the names are from his time in HS, apparently.

Verified private IG account apparently.

Hope he gets some mental heath help. Seems like a seriously depressed individual (given his history and such).
Another Bear
The dude should have punched out Incognito when he had the chance. Would have done wonders for his mental health. Now he's lost it. Hope he gets help and gets better.
rathokan
wow dude is off the rails. hope he gets the help he needs.
StillNoStanfurdium
LunchTime said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/former-nfl-players-instagram-post-may-be-linked-to-school-shutdown-2018-2

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jonathan-martin-arrested-after-gun-threat-to-two-nfl-players-and-old-high-school/

FWIW; 2 of the names are from his time in HS, apparently.

Verified private IG account apparently.

Hope he gets some mental heath help. Seems like a seriously depressed individual (given his history and such).
You have to be pretty messed up to implicitly threaten your old high school given recent events. No one in their right state of mind does this.
MinotStateBeav
This is a person with mental health problems screaming for help.Hopefully people listen.
wifeisafurd
Proud of all these responses that take the high road. This is not your normal sports website. Martin has lost everything and needs help.
75bear
Wow - I went to school 1 mile away from there. This is both scary and sad.
upsetof86
Icognito and pouncey are the ones that need treatment. And im certain they will get theirs.
iwantwinners
is he implying that he himself is a coward, or speaking for others who have been bullied who are also cowards?
FuzzyWuzzy
iwantwinners said:

is he implying that he himself is a coward, or speaking for others who have been bullied who are also cowards?
Don't know, but how does a guy that big and tough get bullied in HS. He was a starter on one of the best college OL's in the country and made it in the pros for heaven's sake.
iwantwinners
FuzzyWuzzy said:

iwantwinners said:

Don't know, but how does a guy that big and tough get bullied in HS. He was a starter on one of the best college OL's in the country and made it in the pros for heaven's sake.
Bullies seek out the weak minded, not necessarily the weakest physically.

This issue followed him to the pros where he claims to have been bullied, even though he later admitted he was culpable in the inappropriate culture and nature of his relationship with Incognito.

I'm not a psychologist, but it appears when Martin is bullied (stressed, cornered, down), he either goes into a state of depression and apathy, or rage. Sometimes feeling weak and helpless for long enough will turn into rage, if not only temporarily. Maybe that is a sign of bi-polar disorder in him. I don't know.

I admit I didn't care for Martin all that much after the incident with Incognito. I'm aware of that type of relationship in sports lockerrooms myself, and just being involved with jocks and alpha males myself. And it often is mutual until one person gets upset and then tries to blame the inappropriate conduct (that was mutually engaged in) on the other person and claim to be an innocent victim. It's like when I have a rapport with someone in a professional setting and we engage in off the cuff banter about this or that with the concept of mutual trust in mind, and then that person one day gets upset and lays that behavior at my feet as if I'm forcing this conversation onto somebody. We know that was the case, to some extent at least, with Martin and Incognito. And I just can't stand that kind of weak, petty, and vindictive personality trait.
Big C
FuzzyWuzzy said:

iwantwinners said:

He must've been big for his age and so probably was playing with older kids most of the time. The seniors probably got off on giving **** to the big pudgy sophomore. He didn't know how to react and pretty soon it was tradition.
LunchTime
upsetof86 said:

Icognito and pouncey are the ones that need treatment. And im certain they will get theirs.
*** is this supposed to mean... especially in the context of this thread...

smh
Another Bear
This a long read about Martin from SI. Powerful and sad. Hope this guy makes it back.

Jonathan Martin's Life in the Shadows
Quote:

"When you're a bully victim & a coward, your options are suicide, or revenge."

upsetof86
LunchTime said:

upsetof86 said:

*** is this supposed to mean... especially in the context of this thread...
smh

Martin has big issues. Icognito and Pouncey are trash.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.