You can buy Jared Goff's house

7,207 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Another Bear
Bearsupporter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FuzzyWuzzy said:

So anyway, speaking of the Calabasas/Oak Park area...

If you like pastrami, you should stop at Brent's. It's right off the 101 in Westlake Village. I almost can't pass the exit without stopping. I also like the Matzo ball soup. But I live in a Jewish deli desert so maybe I'm just hard up...
I have a niece who works at Brent's. For a Deli experience it pales in comparison to the Agoura Deli on Kanan on the way up to Oak Park.
95bears
You SoCal guys have turned this into...

going4roses
Why ?

Work close to home?

Or for work?
going4roses
http://www.marinij.com/business/20180424/marin-median-home-price-up-23-percent-to-1144m

Holy shhh 28%
AunBear89
bluehenbear said:

Who ever walks in LA?
Missing Persons?

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
okaydo
going4roses said:

Why ?

Work close to home?

Or for work?

I moved back to L.A. in mid-2016, and I started walking a lot early in the morning. And by the time 2017 rolled around, I was determined to do 40 miles a week. On many Saturdays, I'd do 16-to 20-mile walks. I'd walk to Venice. Tarzana. Pasadena. It's a real great way to explore the city.

This isn't a knock on bluehenbear. Just a knock on stereotypes about L.A. in general. But a lot of people do use the subways and buses in L.A. (Of course, not ideally enough.) It's possible to function in L.A. without a car.

Transportation is hella cheap in Los Angeles.

If you were to take a trip in the East Bay that required two AC Transit buses, it would cost you $4.50 each way (2 x $2.25 since AC Transit got rid of transfers -- if you use a clipper card, you can have the amount you spend each capped at $5.00 per day).

Los Angeles Metro allows you to use as many buses and trains within a two-hour widow with a TAP card for $1.75. (You can't use that two-hour window on the reverse trip on the same line, however.)

So this 40-mile trip costs just $1.75.

Same for this 55-mile trip.

FuzzyWuzzy
Tell us more.

What are some things you learned by walking through LA neighborhoods that you wouldn't have noticed had you drove?

What do you wear and bring with you on a 20-mile walk?

What are the challenges of a 20 mile urban walk? Blisters? Sunburn? Ever get mugged or harassed? Were you solo?

How do you get home after walking to Tarzana or Pasadena or...

socaliganbear
Pretty sure a Kardashian lives Keyshawn's old house.
Another Bear
That 10 freeway crap is real. Has the Metro line to the Westside helped?
Peanut Gallery Consultant
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.