Story Poster
Photo by Twitter / Ben Gulbranson
Cal Football

Bears Grab Their 2nd 2020 Commit in Gulbranson

June 23, 2018

Continuing their hot June recruiting month, the Bears secured their second commitment of their 2020 class in 3 star Newbury Park High School QB Ben Gulbranson.

The 6-3/210 rising junior had an especially strong sophomore season for the Panthers Junior Varsity squad, completing 62.8% of his passes for an 11-to-1 td to interception ratio with 32 td's and just three interceptions in 2017.

Gulbranson announced his commitment on twitter tonight, saying: 

"I am fired up to announce my commitment to play football at University of California Berkeley! Thank you Coach Wilcox, Coach Baldwin, Coach Tuiasosopo and Cal staff for the opportunity! Go Bears!"

Gulbranson came just days after his June 19th visit to Cal. He also held early offers from Arizona State and San Jose State and is rated as high as the number 11 pro style quarterback in the country to date.

Discussion from...

Bears Grab Their 2nd 2020 Commit in Gulbranson

55,003 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 77Bear
Seogju
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome to Berkeley. Go Bears!
calumnus
Go Bears!
packawana
Remember when people wanted to fire Tui cuz he couldn't land a QB? He's now got two.
Goobear
packawana said:

Remember when people wanted to fire Tui cuz he couldn't land a QB? He's now got two.
Amen.
82gradDLSdad
packawana said:

I don't want anyone fired but let's woah down. The guy he just recruited hasn't played a down of varsity football.
bear2034
Go Bears!
79 Bear
Great news! Welcome to Cal Ben!
calumnus
82gradDLSdad said:

packawana said:

I don't want anyone fired but let's woah down. The guy he just recruited hasn't played a down of varsity football.

Ok, did go back and see that those numbers were for the JV squad and that he is a 2020 recruit. They must like him a lot. Hope he blows up this Fall and becomes a 5 star (and keeps his commitment to Cal).
77Bear
If Gulbranson is 6-3/210, Tui at 6-1 must now be around 300.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.