Calvin Klein and Cal. OMG! I must have.

7,977 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bipolarbear
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2019/calvin-klein
75bear
Why is there red on one of the Cal sweaters? Major fail.
NYCGOBEARS
75bear said:

Why is there red on one of the Cal sweaters? Major fail.

Yeah, other than that they nailed it. Shoutout to xultaif. He posted it on twitter.
socaliganbear
Raff Simmons is dope. This is really effing cool.

flounder
better than our under armor stuff tbh
AunBear89
I wanna issue an open challenge to all the BI community:

The first one of you to show up to Memorial or Hass dressed like this is the king of the BI Universe:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
AunBear89
Bonus points if you can replicate the facial expression of total indifference.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
socaliganbear
If your wife isn't wearing this at Big Game do you even love her?

NYCGOBEARS
After a six pack, that's exactly how I look. Easy.
socaliganbear

University Club does "Gold Out"
SFCALBear72
CALvin Klein!!
Sebastabear
Ok, (somewhat) serious question. Can I buy some of these or are these just runway items? NYC, I need your insights brah.

I know some people in my life who need to be receiving these items (and yes, I'll acknowledge the red skirt is not ideal but I'm giving it a pass in this case because it's clearly going for the red, white and blue motif).

Sebastabear
But on another note, flipping through the slides looking for Cal stuff I just have to seriously say "What the hell?". I grew up with some people who dressed like this, or at least would wear their green sleeping bag around the house and pretend like it was clothes. "Fashionable" was not the word most often used to describe them.

NYCGOBEARS
Yup. Most if not all of it will be available in December. It's a resort collection. Meaning, it's the first collection of spring '19 that'll be released before Christmas.
socaliganbear
Sebastabear said:

Ok, (somewhat) serious question. Can I buy some of these or are these just runway items? NYC, I need your insights brah.

I know some people in my life who need to be receiving these items (and yes, I'll acknowledge the red skirt is not ideal but I'm giving it a pass in this case because it's clearly going for the red, white and blue motif).

205W39NYC is a real line you can buy, so I imagine this will hit the racks as well soon enough. And FYI the price point is much higher than your typical Calvin Klein stuff. Those jackets are prob 3k min.
NYCGOBEARS
Sebastabear said:

But on another note, flipping through the slides looking for Cal stuff I just have to seriously say "What the hell?". I grew up with some people who dressed like this, or at least would wear their green sleeping bag around the house and pretend like it was clothes. "Fashionable" was not the word most often used to describe them.

That must be a sub collection called "People's Park".
GMP
socaliganbear said:

University Club does "Gold Out"

The football shoes are *mwah* perfection.
Big C
SFCALBear72 said:

CALvin Klein!!
I was gonna say: Does he have the tatoo, like his cousin Mr. Booth?
Unit2Sucks
I love when the runway stuff is so bad that even the models can't hide their embarrassment.
socaliganbear
Unit2Sucks said:

I love when the runway stuff is so bad that even the models can't hide their embarrassment.
It's called hunger.
Another Bear
So Calvin doesn't dig RED? Or is varsity blues a play on college angst?

So Haaaarvard and Stanfurd don't get any? Freakin' peasants!
okaydo
Another Bear
NYCGOBEARS said:

Sebastabear said:

Or that's what Calvin came up for Oregon.
sketchy9
AunBear89 said:

Should be easy enough after a few plays from scrimmage.
Sebastabear
socaliganbear said:

Sebastabear said:

205W39NYC is a real line you can buy, so I imagine this will hit the racks as well soon enough. And FYI the price point is much higher than your typical Calvin Klein stuff. Those jackets are prob 3k min.
Bless you and NYC for the info. As to the cost, the combination of "Cal" and "high-end luxury gifts" may well prove irresistible to me. You can't really put a price tag on obsession.
bear2034
Another Bear said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Sebastabear said:

Or that's what Calvin came up for Oregon.
That is a step up from the previous Oregon collection.

GivemTheAxe
NYCGOBEARS said:

Sebastabear said:

Love it! Your comment --- NOT the clothes
Alkiadt
AunBear89 said:

Zoolander...?
StrawberryCanyon
I have degrees from both Cal and Yale. I must tell my personal shopper to buy the entire collection.
AunBear89
StrawberryCanyon said:

I have degrees from both Cal and Yale. I must tell my personal shopper to buy the entire collection.

World-class humble brag, Strawberry!
LACalFan
The head gear sweater combo is pretty cool
concordtom
Sebastabear said:

Okay, I thought I found the winner of the collection (below), but now think you guys found some even more ridiculous looks! Hats off to the sleeping bag look.

I really can't believe people make this **** up, or that models are willing to be photographed wearing it.

I have some really hideous crap in old boxes in the attic. But this tops it all. Who knows, maybe the kid is planning to gain 100 pounds, and grow 6 inches.
concordtom
socaliganbear said:

Sebastabear said:

I had a friend who was color blind.
He said his strategy was to go into the store, check out the various mannequins and if he thought one looked good, he'd buy the outfit.
Not even he would touch this crap.
okaydo
I know somebody influential in New York's fashion industry who is a diehard Cal fan. Perhaps he could hook me up.
socaliganbear
LACalFan said:

The head gear sweater combo is pretty cool

When you're robbing a bank, but it's a brisk 67 degrees in Lafayette.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.