Goff vs Raiders

8,161 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Another Bear
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Take that $25 million per year salary to Vegas as quickly as you can. Get it the Hell out of Oakland.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
I do feel bad for the energetic Raider faithful that show up to games despite watching a team that has essentially been the Cleveland Browns of the west since 2003 (except for 2016) with a shiity owner.
bonsallbear
Ram Defence starting to show up.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

I do feel bad for the energetic Raider faithful that show up to games despite watching a team that has essentially been the Cleveland Browns of the west since 2003 (except for 2016).

The walk to BART after each loss is brutal. People are angry and drunk.. Too bad Greg Papa isn't in the radio booth opining how Goff will never be any good. Explain to me how any self respecting hardcore Oaklander can be in those stands right now dressed in Silver and Black, cheering wildly and giving Mark Davis their hard earned cash. Chumps.

rathokan
bearister said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

I do feel bad for the energetic Raider faithful that show up to games despite watching a team that has essentially been the Cleveland Browns of the west since 2003 (except for 2016).

The walk to BART after each loss is brutal. People are angry and drunk.. Too bad Greg Papa isn't in the radio booth opining how Goff will never be any good. Explain to me how any self respecting hardcore Oaklander can be in those stands right now dressed in Silver and Black, cheering wildly and giving Mark Davis their hard earned cash. Chumps.
the hard earned cash that had zero chance of going Khalil Mack's way
bearister
That walk to BART from the stadium just turned into The Purge.
bonsallbear
Derek being Derek
bearister
But to keep things in perspective, in the Power Rankings most have Rams a Top 5 team and the Raiders at 24 or 25. Provided those predictions were anywhere close to accurate, the Raiders never had a chance and the 4.5 point spread was absurd.
B.A. Bearacus
Mark Davis is 62. They will be terrible (mostly) for the remainder of his reign, which will be another 15-20 years, making him a contender for the worst NFL owner of all time (based on zero research and influenced by Davis' appearance).
Golden One
bearister said:

Carr, a good kid but a $125 million

Derek Carr is following the same career path as his brother, David. Came into the NFL with a lot of hype and got off to a good start, then his performance got worse each season until he was out of the league. Derek's 3 interceptions tonight were all bad throws. He is a dud.
bearister
Many great QB' seem to share common personality traits: a bit cocky, a little gruff, not overly cerebral and the ability to minimize in their own mind, their failures. Guys like Ben Roethlisberger consider a few picks as so much spilt milk. Carr is the opposite of that personality type in almost all regards. He is very very tough on himself and when he throws a pick he has a crushed and defeated look on his face. Chucky's bedside manner will only compound that. I think Carr is a quality human being and I would like to see him prevail but after watching all of his games I have serious doubts. The fact the Raiders are not a good team doesn't help.

Goff? Gosh I love Goff.
GivemTheAxe
01Bear said:

Man, I miss the smooth R&B sounds of the 90s. I am not a fan of modern music. Now get off my lawn!

Yeah ... but Rock 'n Roll is here to stay!
FloriDreaming
Rams second half was a coaching masterpiece. That's a very well-coached team. The way they steamrolled in the second half was impressive. Obviously the competition gets tougher, but Rams look good so far.
okaydo
bearister said:

Many great QB' seem to share common personality traits: a bit cocky, a little gruff, not overly cerebral and the ability to minimize in their own mind, their failures. Guys like Ben Roethlisberger consider a few picks as so much spilt milk. Carr is the opposite of that personality type in almost all regards. He is very very tough on himself and when he throws a pick he has a crushed and defeated look on his face. Chucky's bedside manner will only compound that. I think Carr is a quality human being and I would like to see him prevail but after watching all of his games I have serious doubts. The fact the Raiders are not a good team doesn't help.

Goff? Gosh I love Goff.

The best way to describe Goff is eve-keeled. The crowd noise didn't bother him. He doesn't get too high. Doesn't get too down. He's been great on the road.
okaydo

bearister
okaydo said:

...The best way to describe Goff is eve-keeled....He doesn't get too high....

"You know when your mouth a-getting dry
You're plenty high."
-George Thorogood
prospeCt

tim94501
Goff played pretty mediocre last night. He was late on a ton of throws and overthrew woods a bunch of times. I expect a monster year out of him but last night he could have written a book in that pocket with the pathetic pass rush of the raiders. He should have played much better.
Another Bear
Reports are McVay has simplified the playbook for Goff and is relying on Gurley to run the offense through, giving Goff a break and ability to ramp up since this is his second season. Makes sense if you have Gurley and a good D. Goff doesn't need to be great, just good and generally error free, which he is. That said, I think Goff gets better over time, probably year 4...when his contract is up?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.