Wilner Projects Cal to Sun Bowl

2,053 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by KoreAmBear
philbert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Overall, he projects UW and Oregon to get into the New Year's six, but not the CFP. 10 teams make bowls with Oregon St. and UCLA not qualifying. Obviously still way too early....

Sun Bowl: Cal (2-0)
Remaining games: six home/four road
Key dates: Oct. 6 at Arizona, Oct. 13 vs. UCLA, Oct. 20 at Oregon State, Nov. 3 at Washington State
Comment: Don't expect a repeat of last year, when the Bears started 3-0 but missed the postseason. They'll find a way to win three in conference, if not four (or five).

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/11/bowl-projections-two-teams-to-the-new-years-six-cal-and-colorado-climb-wsu-sneaks-in-both-arizona-schools-qualify/
NYCGOBEARS
The optimism from Wilber is unsettling.
AunBear89
NYCGOBEARS said:

The optimism from Wilber is unsettling.
I think a wellness check is in order. Anyone got the SJPD number? John is clearly not in his right mind.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
FloriDreaming
Dude seems to have a knack for getting high on Cal right before the team crashes.

I have no idea how he sees Cal and UofA both getting into bowls. No way on earth both those things happen. Far more likely neither than both.

All that being said, and Wilner being Wilner, I'd say a six win season is more likely than not for Cal - Cal should be solidly favored against UofA, UCLA and OSU. That's six. That may be all the Pac 12 wins Cal musters, but that's enough for a bowl.

No way UofA gets five Pac 12 wins, even if they do beat Cal.
JSC 76
There have been *far* too many times where we look at our upcoming opponents and see nothing but raging dumpster fires. And then they miraculously right the ship and turn things around ... just in time for their game against Cal.

Not counting *anything* as a W yet.
FloriDreaming
JSC 76 said:

There have been *far* too many times where we look at our upcoming opponents and see nothing but raging dumpster fires. And then they miraculously right the ship and turn things around ... just in time for their game against Cal.

Not counting *anything* as a W yet.
Oh, I'm with you there. Chip Kelly got off to a rough start his first year as HC of Oregon before turning things around... against Cal. Would be just our luck if it happened again. We all know what can happen against UofA, no matter how good or bad the two teams are. Even Oregon State is improving. No certainties in the Pac 12, but Wilner is paid to write stuff and some of it makes sense at the time.
KoreAmBear
I believe Harbaugh's first bowl game for Furd was the Sun Bowl, then they really went on a roll.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.