Cal - Idaho St in HD

2,966 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Calfans
Calfans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think this works

Check the Pac-12 App. Find the game there, Cast it to your TV. The games might not be in HD, but it will fill the screen

I have Comcast and Pac-12Bay Area is SD but when I cast it to the TV, the screen is filled. I use Chromecast.

It should also work if you cast from the computer.

Good Luck!

Cal-i-for-nia. (Clap, Clap)(Clap, Clap, Clap)

txwharfrat
I'm confused. Isn't the game live in PAC 12 Network Bay Area? Why can't we just turn on the TV and watch it? What am I missing? Guess I better check my listings and make sure I have it...
ryananderin
Or, if you live in the Bay Area, consider actually going to the game. Hard to think a 3 pm kickoff offends many folks....
OldenBear
ryananderin said:

Or, if you live in the Bay Area, consider actually going to the game. Hard to think a 3 pm kickoff offends many folks....
Yeah, if you're in or close to the Bay Area, get there. The team would appreciate your support, says Evan Weaver (and OldenBear).
GoCal1
If you have WAVE in the Bay Area it will have the game live on the pac12 network. I assume it will be in HD. Gave my ticket to my son so he can take his whole family to the game. Just give the kids some cotton candy and all is well. Go cal.
Calfans
If there is a HOME game, I will be there!!! Nothing better than being in Memorial Stadium. It is my Happy Place.

If you are NOT in the Bay Area but you do get Pac-12 Net on cable, you have access to all the different Pac-12 Channels.

As I said, get the Pac-12 App, find the game, cast it to your TV. I think it's HD. It covers the whole screen.

You can test it at any time.

Calfans
txwharfrat said:

I'm confused. Isn't the game live in PAC 12 Network Bay Area? Why can't we just turn on the TV and watch it? What am I missing? Guess I better check my listings and make sure I have it...

The issue was how to get the game in HD if Pac12BA is in SD

txwharfrat
Calfans said:

txwharfrat said:

The issue was how to get the game in HD if Pac12BA is in SD

OK. I don't live in the Bay Area anymore but I do get three P12Networks in HD as part of my cable package. I think I'm pretty well set. I have UVerse because they are the ONLY carrier that provides BOTH the P12 Networks, and the local RootSportsHouston channel (Astros & Rockets).

At there is one carrier out there that does both!
oldblue83
I'll be at the game, but always record the games and rewatch them when I am on the elliptical.

I have Comcast. It says the Oregon - SJS game is on HD (823 in the east bay) at 3pm today and the Cal - Idaho St game is on the non-HD channel (434).

It's not a big deal to me for this game, but I'll be pretty annoyed if we miss a PAC 12 game on HD.

blungld
Do you know if the PAC 12 app lets you watch the game from the start if the game is in progress or completed?

The ESPN app is really good about not showing the score of games and allowing you to replay a game and watch from the beginning. I am unable to start watching the game until around 7PM EST and worried that I will only be able to join in progress...or have to wait for the rebroadcast later in the night.
kaplanfx
The Xfinity website is atrocious. Is PAC 12 BA a separate upgrade? I have PAC 12 network as part of my "preferred" package but PAC 12 BA in SD says I need to upgrade to get it. Does this mean I will not be able to stream it though the app? I thought once you have Pac12 network you get all the Pac12 channels.
Calfans
kaplanfx said:

The Xfinity website is atrocious. Is PAC 12 BA a separate upgrade? I have PAC 12 network as part of my "preferred" package but PAC 12 BA in SD says I need to upgrade to get it. Does this mean I will not be able to stream it though the app? I thought once you have Pac12 network you get all the Pac12 channels.
Why don't you try using the app and see if you can stream it to the TV. Or try streaming it from the computer.

I have the Sports' Package. Streaming P12BA to the TV seems like it's HD as it fills the screen., Ch 433 is SD.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.