Predict game time for Oregon?

2,680 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Yogi58
BearForce1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best guess from those who know how these things are determined?
BearSD
Other games that day: LSJU-ND, OSU-PSU, Cuse-Clemson.

Guess for UO-Cal start time: 12:30 if Ducks win next Saturday, 7:30 if they don't.

Forget what I posted immediately above: The game times will be set 12 days in advance, i.e. by Monday the 17th, and not after LSJU-UO. The networks are allowed to choose a few weeks each season in which they wait until 6 days in advance to set game times, but they don't do that this early in the season.

So I'll just guess 7:30 for the UO-Cal start time.
oskidunker
As someone else mentioned, both the Arizonas are at home so they will get two night games. Personally I think our only hope of a day game is if Oregon Beats Stanford. Then ABC takes us. The guy Matz that guesses doesnt seem to be guessing this year, just listing all the possibilities

My guess is 7:15 for no good reason. Bring abheavy coat. It was cold today at 6 pm on the west side
Go Bears!
BearSD
oskidunker said:

The guy Matz that guesses doesnt seem to be guessing this year, just listing all the possibilities
He is posting his guesses, here, just not that far in advance. His guesses for week 5 should be posted tomorrow.

oskidunker
He says 7:30. Only hope is if espn fs1 lets pac 12 do the game
Go Bears!
OskiDeLaHoya
http://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com/2018/09/cfb-tv-guesses-for-2018-week-five-92918.html?m=1

He predicts a 7:30pm game on FS1. He suggests the top Pac-12 game that day might be BYU-Washington and slotted them in the 12:30pm slot. I could see an argument for our game being in that slot, tho
oskidunker
If youbsee a six day hold on the game then you know abc is waiting to see if stanfraud losesbto ducks
Go Bears!
heartofthebear
5 pm
BearSD
OskiDeLaHoya said:

http://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com/2018/09/cfb-tv-guesses-for-2018-week-five-92918.html?m=1

He predicts a 7:30pm game on FS1. He suggests the top Pac-12 game that day might be BYU-Washington and slotted them in the 12:30pm slot. I could see an argument for our game being in that slot, tho
Matt's guess makes sense -- he's putting the highest-ranked available Pac-12 team in the best available time slot, and that team will be Washington unless UW loses to ASU and the Ducks beat the furds.

But it's possible, if the available time slots are the ones he lists, that Ducks-Bears could be on P12N at 3 pm while UU-WSU gets a late night start.
OskiDeLaHoya
Perhaps I'm biased but I think the networks will pick our game (no more than 1 loss between the two) before Utah-WSU (at least 1 loss between the two). So I would be very surprised if it drops to the 3pm slot on P12N.

I think the only possibility of a 5pm slot is if the Baylor/Oklahoma he has on Fox gets another slot.
OskiDeLaHoya
Looks like it will be a 7:30pm kick-off on FS1

BYU-Washington got the 5pm slot on Fox.

http://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com/2018/09/cfb-tv-confirmations-for-2018-week-5.html?m=1
BearSD
Yes, the Oregon-Cal game is stuck on FS1 (yuck) at 7:30.

The week 5 game times are all posted on the Pac-12 site.

https://pac-12.com/football/schedule/20180924-20180930

ducky23
Historically memorial is louder at night, our players are more energized at night and we will most likely get to wear our gold jerseys

If it's a big night game, I don't mind. It's the night games against teams like osu that really suck
Another Bear
Cal v. Oregon at night...seems like a thing now. At least when they come to Memorial (or Levi's).
Yogi58
ducky23 said:

Historically memorial is louder at night, our players are more energized at night and we will most likely get to wear our gold jerseys
We don't have gold jerseys. We have yellow jerseys.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.