Let's Pick the Pac-12 Games: Week 4

2,254 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by travelingbears
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Treading water last week is the highlight of my season so far. 3-3 puts me at 11-13-1 for the year. This week conference play really gets going. And as usual, analyzing non conference performances for clues as to how things will shake out results in no clue whatsoever. Home team as always in italics.

U$C 4.5 over Wazzoo: Toejams looking awful so far. Puddytats haven't really been tested. But going to give the team with the flatulent band home field advantage to cover the spread.

Mildcats 6.5 over River Rats: Two really bad teams though Rodents haven't been quite as putrid as predicted. Should be a high scoring game, mostly because neither defense could stop a three legged hamster. For no reason at all going to take the Beavs to beat the spread.

Furd 1 over Rubber Duckies: Hate to say it, but Furd has a really good defense. Ducks are waddling after fattening up on nothing but cupcakes so far. Furd to cover easily.

Mutts 18.5 over Spawn of Satan: Butt sniffers cover and give Sparky rabies.

Cal, bRuins, Mormon Marauders and Colorado romp over BYE.
chalcidbear
After an abysmal week 2, when I went 1-6-1, my going 3-3 last as well made me feel great, and I too am now at 11-13-1 for the season. And with out of conference games over with (well, except for the Notre Dame games), I hope I'll have a better handle on the season, to wit:

WSU @ USC: I've been impressed at just how well the Cougars have kept up their offensive production, even with a new QB at the helm, while I expect the Trojans to be a little down after back-to-back losses with their new QB. WSU may not win the game, but I expect the Cougars to at least beat the spread.

Arizona @ OSU: Tait looks like he's back in form, and perhaps the 1st two games of the season for the Wildcats were aberrations. The Beavers look better than I expected them to be, but Arizona looked as strong as I expected them to be, and I think they'll win and cover with no problem.

Stanford @ Oregon: As the point spread indicates, this is really anyone's game. I think Bryce Love is expected back on the field, while the Duck's running game was terrible last week, so I'll give the nod to the Cardinal.

ASU @ UW: So the Sun Devils unexpectedly came out on top over Michigan State, but only went head-to-head against San Diego State. The Huskies went to-to-toe with Auburn, and put up stiff resistance to a good Utah team. The 18.5 spread may be a little high, but I think Washington will cover it.
HighlandDutch
I went 5-1 last week! But before I get too excited, I must remind myself that my stellar week 3 brought me up to 12-12-1 for the season. And as any degenerate gambler knows, if you're .500 on the season, you're not really breaking even, because the bookie's gotta feed his family too.

For this week, I'll have what the OP is having:

USC -4.5
OSU +6.5
Stanford -1
UW -18.5

BTW, here's the link to last week's picks for those of you who need to check your own record: https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/81796
UrsusTexicanus
HighlandDutch said:

BTW, here's the link to last week's picks for those of you who need to check your own record: https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/81796
Good catch. I thought I left something out.
OzoneTheCat
Still flailing..... 2-4 last week and 4-9-1 overall

WSU +4.5
OSU +6.5
UO +1
UW -18.5
OldenBear
Okay, now that the conf games are here, I might as well ......

WSU + 4.5
AZ - 6.5
Furd -1
UW - 18.5

wifeisafurd
Strange year. 4-2 and above break-even for the season.

SC (only because SC is at home)
Beavers (just don't think UofA has it this year)
Furd (tough one since Ducks are so good at home, but d trumps o)
Udub (ASU is decent, spread seems right, going with home team)
Rushinbear
chalcidbear said:

After an abysmal week 2, when I went 1-6-1, my going 3-3 last as well made me feel great, and I too am now at 11-13-1 for the season. And with out of conference games over with (well, except for the Notre Dame games), I hope I'll have a better handle on the season, to wit:

WSU @ USC: I've been impressed at just how well the Cougars have kept up their offensive production, even with a new QB at the helm, while I expect the Trojans to be a little down after back-to-back losses with their new QB. WSU may not win the game, but I expect the Cougars to at least beat the spread.

Arizona @ OSU: Tait looks like he's back in form, and perhaps the 1st two games of the season for the Wildcats were aberrations. The Beavers look better than I expected them to be, but Arizona looked as strong as I expected them to be, and I think they'll win and cover with no problem.

Stanford @ Oregon: As the point spread indicates, this is really anyone's game. I think Bryce Love is expected back on the field, while the Duck's running game was terrible last week, so I'll give the nod to the Cardinal.

ASU @ UW: So the Sun Devils unexpectedly came out on top over Michigan State, but only went head-to-head against San Diego State. The Huskies went to-to-toe with Auburn, and put up stiff resistance to a good Utah team. The 18.5 spread may be a little high, but I think Washington will cover it.
Only disagreement: SC. They will be fighting for their NFL lives.
heartofthebear
Well now I'm really rolling with a big time 3-3 record last week and 7-11-1 overall.
This week I'm going with the favorites, mostly.
USC
ARIZONA
FURD (THIS ONE MAKES ME NERVOUS)
AND ASU (BECAUSE THE SCORE IS GOING TO BE WASHINGTON 31-13 AND THAT IS ONLY 18 POINTS)
joe amos yaks
$uSC 4.5 over Wazzoo: Cougs win.

uAz 6.5 over OSu: Beavs win.

Farm 1 over Quackers: Farm by plenty.

Dawgs 18.5 over SunGuys: UDub covers.

Cal / ucla / uUT / uCo versus BYE. Going with BYE.

"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
FloriDreaming
UrsusTexicanus said:

Treading water last week is the highlight of my season so far. 3-3 puts me at 11-13-1 for the year. This week conference play really gets going. And as usual, analyzing non conference performances for clues as to how things will shake out results in no clue whatsoever. Home team as always in italics.

U$C 4.5 over Wazzoo: Toejams looking awful so far. Puddytats haven't really been tested. But going to give the team with the flatulent band home field advantage to cover the spread.

Mildcats 6.5 over River Rats: Two really bad teams though Rodents haven't been quite as putrid as predicted. Should be a high scoring game, mostly because neither defense could stop a three legged hamster. For no reason at all going to take the Beavs to beat the spread.

Furd 1 over Rubber Duckies: Hate to say it, but Furd has a really good defense. Ducks are waddling after fattening up on nothing but cupcakes so far. Furd to cover easily.

Mutts 18.5 over Spawn of Satan: Butt sniffers cover and give Sparky rabies.

Cal, bRuins, Mormon Marauders and Colorado romp over BYE.
I supported the Pac 12 last week and it didn't go well. This week all the disappointments are playing each other, so better chance at being the monkey.

I have such a knack for losing what should statistically be coin flips, I'm picking against myself this week.

WSU (I'll go with the undefeated team and points here)
OSU (Home field, both teams suck. This feels like a coin flip game so I'll take the points.)
Oregon (because Furd feels like a mortal lock, so Costanza)
UW (Again because that spread feels really high and ASU beat them last year, and seems about the same quality-wise, so of course UW will beat the spread for no logical reason whatsoever)
travelingbears
USC -4.5 v WSU - wsu covers and has a good chance of winning the game

UA -6.5 v. OSU - OSU covers and possibly wins the game

Stan -1.5 v. UO - Stan covers and makes a statement win

UW -17 v. ASU - ASU covers by getting creative with its pressure on Jake Browning; ASU keeps it close and has a chance to win in Q4.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.