CG out for the season

5,690 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by KenBurnski
Cal89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Damn. We'll have him next year!

Sig test...
FrankBear21
Damn
TheSouseFamily
Damn. That stings. Such a shame.

By the way, Chase Garbers' initials are also CG. That was my first thought before I opened it.
Cal89
TheSouseFamily said:

Damn. That stings. Such a shame.

By the way, Chase Garbers' initials are also CG. That was my first thought before I opened it.
My bad. Was tight on time at the moment...
Sig test...
oskidunker
Why did this take so long?
Go Bears!
Goobear
oskidunker said:

To play with the fans' heads.....
Cal_79
oskidunker said:

Why does it matter?
ducky23
Damn that sucks.

Wonder if we go permanently with Tevin Paul (who has been playing extremely well) or whether we go w a true olb against certain spread teams.

golden sloth
ducky23 said:

Damn that sucks.

Wonder if we go permanently with Tevin Paul (who has been playing extremely well) or whether we go w a true olb against certain spread teams.

My guess is it depends on matchup
calumnus
oskidunker said:

Maybe hoping for a better prognosis?

This way he can play one more game late in the season (Big Game or bowl game) and still redshirt under the new rule?
okaydo
Mods -- can you change the title of this thread so as to not freak out more people into thinking our QB is down for the season.
oskidunker
How long does it take to type a name?????
Go Bears!
hanky1
Big loss. Hope he makes a full recovery.
sonofabear51
Damn. Was afraid of that. Next man up.
Start Slowly and taper off
OdontoBear66
Cal_79 said:

oskidunker said:

Why does it matter?
Because some people care who we have on deck each week....Watch in the off season how we salivate about recruiting and recruits. Well, this is a good one, and he is out. It effects how all of us feel moving forward. Now if you care little the quality of player that Cal recruits then, "Why does it matter".......Some do, btw
KennyBear
Big loss. Hope he will make a full recovery.
ducky23
okaydo said:

Mods -- can you change the title of this thread so as to not freak out more people into thinking our QB is down for the season.

This is gonna sound bad, but Goode is probably more valuable than garbers. Not cause garbers isn't good, but we actually have depth behind garbers.

This is why I'd be more comfortable with Tevin Paul taking the majority of goode's reps, cause so far the backup olb's have not shown well.
Sebastabear
Pretty sure Goode was one of the two or three players MB said was indispensable pre-season. No offense Jim but I've never prayed so fervently for you to be wrong as I am right now.
FremontBear
Cal89 said:

Damn. We'll have him next year!

I'm no longer convinced he could go through an entire season without injuries.
pingpong2
Blueshirt?
GoBears89
I believe he already blueshirted. Can someone remind me what his injury was last year? I hope it's not something chronic...
Chapman_is_Gone
Any seasoned Cal fan knew this news was coming weeks ago...
510 Bear
Hope Goode makes a full recovery, for his sake.

As for what's left.....our O suddenly has more pressure to get better fast. Without its best player and with the Pac-12 slate ahead, our D isn't going to be lights-out or even close anymore. The other CG may have to put a LOT of points on the board.
packawana
What does our depth look like behind him? Could we be seeing Tattersall or White?
Cal_79
OdontoBear66 said:

Cal_79 said:

oskidunker said:

Why does it matter?
Because some people care who we have on deck each week....Watch in the off season how we salivate about recruiting and recruits. Well, this is a good one, and he is out. It effects how all of us feel moving forward. Now if you care little the quality of player that Cal recruits then, "Why does it matter".......Some do, btw

I know why it matters that he's injured and unable to play and my question could have been framed better. What I meant was, "Why does it matter that we didn't know sooner?"
Big C
510 Bear said:

Hope Goode makes a full recovery, for his sake.

As for what's left.....our O suddenly has more pressure to get better fast. Without its best player and with the Pac-12 slate ahead, our D isn't going to be lights-out or even close anymore. The other CG may have to put a LOT of points on the board.
Well, we have now played 70% of the season (to date) without him and the defense still looks pretty good. Hard to say Goode is our "best player" when he doesn't play that much. But, yeah, wishing him a speedy recovery and we're thinking "What might have been... " Getting dangerously thin at the position.

Yes, he's already redshirted ((to answer somebody else's question). When he first arrived at Cal, he was about 205 lbs.

As Chapman noted, if you have followed Cal Football for a long time, this announcement was no surprise... and not just because of that We're-Cal-We-can't-have-nice-things crap. There was just something... the stretcher, the way Wilcox worded things, I dunno.

I'm assuming they didn't announce it earlier as they were examining different treatment options and recovery times.
heartofthebear
This will impact our season but Noa is now listed as questionable for Oregon so we'll see how that goes.

I am less nervous about losing Goode than I was and I think DeRuyter is able to coach up this D pretty well. We have some young talent at his position.
Sonofafurd
There is no football god.
BearInMotown
Damn.
Rushinbear
heartofthebear said:

This will impact our season but Noa is now listed as questionable for Oregon so we'll see how that goes.

I am less nervous about losing Goode than I was and I think DeRuyter is able to coach up this D pretty well. We have some young talent at his position.
In our hierarchy of recruiting characteristics, robustness seems to be at the bottom, as I suppose it must be.

Speed? Check. Strength? Check. Athletic? Check. Aggressive? Check. Smarts? Check. Robust? Gotta roll the dice, as long as the ones with all of it keep going to the top 10 schools.
OdontoBear66
Assuming he will be OK, and being a RS Soph, what does this mean for how many years does he have.
59bear
packawana said:

What does our depth look like behind him? Could we be seeing Tattersall or White?
Really young and inexperienced. LB is probably the position we can least afford to lose guys, very thin this year. Tough loss.
RJABear
Best of luck to Cameron with the recovery process.
What does not destroy me, makes me stronger - Nietzsche.
HighlandDutch
Sonofafurd said:

There is no football god.
Or there is one that someone at Cal pissed off years ago.
Strykur
That's a bummer but the unit as a whole is stout, will be a good (pun intended) contributor next year.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.