Carroll Back to SC?

5,128 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cal84
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GoBears89 said:

I never understood why SC fans still love Pete Carroll so much?!? Yes he won games, but didn't he leave the second the NCAA started sniffing around? Left that program high & dry IMO.
To them it was Glory Days...they don't care how they got there (cheating) or why. That's U$C. Win at all costs, screw the collateral damage, morals and other BS. The funny thing of course is he was their 4th choice?
OdontoBear66
Another Bear said:

GoBears89 said:

I never understood why SC fans still love Pete Carroll so much?!? Yes he won games, but didn't he leave the second the NCAA started sniffing around? Left that program high & dry IMO.
To them it was Glory Days...they don't care how they got there (cheating) or why. That's U$C. Win at all costs, screw the collateral damage, morals and other BS. The funny thing of course is he was their 4th choice?
Think Don James Washington....The Glory Days.....Wooden UCLA.....The Glory Days....
Another Bear
U$C would take back the whole damn stinky, sleazy band: Kiffin, Sark, Orgeron, Reggie Bush...for Glory Days.
AEM80
I'm thinking it was a wonderful time to be a USC fan. I'm sure they have a lot of great memories. Tedford left the program in a mess but a lot of people would love to have him back. That reflects how much joy he brought Cal fans in his early days. A lot of people want Tosh back too. Just win baby!!!! That really is what it's all about.
Cal88
Tosh is not HC material, he's just a sleazy salesman and a great recruiter. He's pretty much reached his ceiling as a super-recruiter at Alabama.
Cal84
Cal88 said:

Tosh is not HC material, he's just a sleazy salesman and a great recruiter. He's pretty much reached his ceiling as a super-recruiter at Alabama.
Maybe. Maybe not. Tosh is this decade's Ed Orgeron. Orgeron's rep was all about recruiting. Nobody would give him a HC job. But he sort of backed into multiple opportunities when his team's offense would implode, causing an HC fire mid-season and he'd take the interim title. Eventually (due to luck or skill depending on your point of view), one of those stuck, so now he's HC at LSU.

Tosh can't get an HC position the same way, since no one is gonna sh*t can Saban for having one year of bad offensive output, even if he goes 8-4. But, if Saban retires in 7 years, who knows?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.