Stanford injury report

4,414 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tequila4kapp
71Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OLB Toohill and OL Herbig are out
OLB Alfieri is doubtful
PK Toner may practice this week
OL Hamilton may play
RB Speights should be ready to go
WR Arcega-Whiteside will practice this week
RB Love will play
heartofthebear
71Bear said:

OLB Alfieri is doubtful
OL Hamilton may play
RB Love will play
Supposedly Love returned to 2017 form last week but he is susceptible to re-injury.
NVBear78
heartofthebear said:

71Bear said:

OLB Alfieri is doubtful
OL Hamilton may play
RB Love will play
Supposedly Love returned to 2017 form last week but he is susceptible to re-injury.

Where did you hear that about Love, dangerous if true.
heartofthebear
NVBear78 said:

heartofthebear said:

71Bear said:

OLB Alfieri is doubtful
OL Hamilton may play
RB Love will play

During the Stanford blow out of Oregon St.
I was listening on the Furd XM radio broadcast
hanky1
71Bear said:

OLB Alfieri is doubtful
OL Hamilton may play
RB Love will play

Are any of these guys any good?
Sebastabear
hanky1 said:

71Bear said:

OLB Alfieri is doubtful
OL Hamilton may play
RB Love will play

Look I lived through the version of Hanky hating every coach on the team. I lived through the version of Hanky making outrageously incorrect predictions and refusing to ever admit it. I even lived through the Hanky repeatedly referring to himself in the third person. But if your new shtick is asking oblivious questions you know the answers to (see your recent "Who Won The Game" post) I may have to get off the bus.
OneKeg
heartofthebear said:

NVBear78 said:

heartofthebear said:

71Bear said:

OLB Alfieri is doubtful
OL Hamilton may play
RB Love will play

During the Stanford blow out of Oregon St.
I was listening on the Furd XM radio broadcast
Yes dangerous. But of course, Laird returned to Laird's 2017 form against Oregon State too.

22 rushes for 198 yards (8.8 ypc) and 1 TD
3 catches for 48 yards and 1 TD

Hard to tell if offensive "improvements" against the 2018 Beavers are really improvements.

Regardless, Wilcox and DeRuyter have their work cut out for them.
FuzzyWuzzy
Sebastabear said:

hanky1 said:

71Bear said:

OLB Alfieri is doubtful
OL Hamilton may play
RB Love will play

Look I lived through the version of Hanky hating every coach on the team. I lived through the version of Hanky making outrageously incorrect predictions and refusing to ever admit it. I even lived through the Hanky repeatedly referring to himself in the third person. But if your new shtick is asking oblivious questions you know the answers to (see your recent "Who Won The Game" post) I may have to get off the bus.
Not saying he isn't trolling but I don't know any of these names either except Love and A-W. And I don't think I've ever seen A-w play. (I saw part of their game last week and A-W was injured; the camera repeatedly cut to him standing on the sideline.)

So how important are these guys to Furd's prospects against us?
hanky1
Sebastabear said:

hanky1 said:

71Bear said:

OLB Alfieri is doubtful
OL Hamilton may play
RB Love will play

Sadly, hanky1 is getting old. One can say that hanky1 is washed up like Aaron Rodgers.
OneKeg
FuzzyWuzzy said:

Sebastabear said:

hanky1 said:

71Bear said:

OLB Alfieri is doubtful
OL Hamilton may play
RB Love will play

Not saying he isn't trolling but I don't know any of these names either except Love and A-W. And I don't think I've ever seen A-w play. (I saw part of their game last week and A-W was injured; the camera repeatedly cut to him standing on the sideline.)

Modestly significant. OLB Toohill and OL Herbig were starters I think.

The big difference would have been Arcega-Whiteside being out. Very hard to defend. And as mentioned above, a fully-healthy Bryce Love will make things much tougher too.
71Bear
FuzzyWuzzy said:

Sebastabear said:

hanky1 said:

71Bear said:

OLB Alfieri is doubtful
OL Hamilton may play
RB Love will play

Herbig should ring a bell for Cal fans since he was a Cal lean until Stanford offered him late. He is a very, very good OG who will be playing in the NFL soon. His absence for most of the season has been a large part of why the Cardinal OL has struggled this year. Alfieri is a solid linebacker. His strongest attribute is rushing the QB. Toner has missed a couple games. He is as good a PK as there is in the conference. His replacement has done ok. A-W is outstanding in the red zone. Although Parkinson played well in his absence last week, A-W would still be sorely missed by Stanford if he is unable to go.
Sebastabear
Ok I will play along and I suppose it's possible (likely) other people have more of a life than I do and don't spend all weekend watching college football.

71 correctly summarized who these guys are. On Arcega-Whiteside, I'd just note that he has missed the last game and a half and still has 11 touchdown receptions and 48 catches. As of a week ago, that TD number was tied for second in the country (not the PAC 12 mind you, the country; including the Big 12 where they play defense optional football).

His replacement last week (Parkinson) stepped up with four TD receptions himself, but that was against Oregon State - the team we scored more against than our last three other opponents combined.). So take it with a boulder of salt.

Arcega-Whiteside would be a huge loss for them. My gut tells me he doesn't play. We shall see.
ClevelandBear
71Bear said:

FuzzyWuzzy said:

Sebastabear said:

hanky1 said:

71Bear said:

OLB Alfieri is doubtful
OL Hamilton may play
RB Love will play

Herbig should ring a bell for Cal fans since he was a Cal lean until Stanford offered him late

I read Lorig
NVBear78
Whiteside is practicing this week so my guess is he plays.

He had a high ankle sprain but I guess the Furds have now invented "The Sock" which compliments "The Glove" and provides magical healing properties...
UrsaMajor
Maybe the biggest issues are

1. They are down to their 4th string OG on the right
2. Their 1st string kicker is still out; the 2nd stringer has missed 2 PATs
NYCGOBEARS
How about we stop being typiCal Cal fans and not look for a competitive advantage because of injuries and just straight up whoop them?
71Bear
NYCGOBEARS said:

How about we stop being typiCal Cal fans and not look for a competitive advantage because of injuries and just straight up whoop them?
I don't think it is about looking for a competitive advantage as much as it is analyzing the strengths/weaknesses of each team.

I think the key to the game is whether Cal can control Stanford's big receivers. They are probably the most physical group of TE/WR Cal has faced this year. It will require a combination of pressure on Costello and tight coverage (i.e., physical play) by the Cal DB's.

One other factor - which group of officials will be assigned to the game? Some officials call the games much tighter than others. It would help Cal considerably if they draw a group that let's the guys muscle each other as opposed to calling every ticky-tack touch.
72CalBear
NYCGOBEARS said:

I agree. Kind of tired of hearing the "fear Love" mantra and their "big receivers" advantage. Beat the Furd, that's all!
ducky23
Apparently kaden Smith was in a boot today during practice.

If they won't have smith and Whiteside, furd is running out of weapons
tequila4kapp
72CalBear said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

I agree. Kind of tired of hearing the "fear Love" mantra and their "big receivers" advantage. Beat the Furd, that's all!
It doesn't matter who they have on the field. Cal is winning this game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.