BG rescheduled for Dec. 1st at noon

6,216 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Sebastabear
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Outstanding! Thank you pac 12 network
Go Bears!
westcoast101
I'm happy for the move! I'm not a fan of the noon kickoff, though. Would have preferred the original kickoff time instead.
ducky23
Fyght4Cal said:

ducky23 said:

Fyght4Cal said:

My God, that would have been such a Cal way to miss the Rose Bowl. Almost, *almost* grateful the WSU loss saved us the heartbreak.

Don't worry, that already happened before. But with a hurricane
I'm still mad at Tedford for vainly trying to pass to our 4th string WRs, instead of running JJ Arrington on every play in the second half. Behind that offensive line he was unstoppable.

That game, and the holiday bowl, are good reminders that, even if you have the best qb who has ever played football, you're still going to struggle if you don't have any wr's.

So at least this gives our wrs time to heal up. As it does the same for furd.

I guess it'll be our best against their best. No excuses for either team.
MugsVanSant
If you have to drive 80 miles to Berkeley the 12 pm start time sucks.
Cal Strong!
Noon game time STRONG. It much better for viewing in Egypt.

This big boost for Cairene Cal Community. Chancellor Christ choose correct course for Cairo. Finally we have STRONG chancellor that care more about Egypt than Pac-12 bureaucrats.
oskidunker
Why? Leave at 8 am. get there by 10:30. You must be under 40.Or like to sleep until noon.
Go Bears!
sycasey
My only objection is that Stanford gets to keep the Axe for two more weeks.
B.A. Bearacus
MugsVanSant said:

Get in on a Berk/Oak hotel right now and just enjoy a Friday night and an easy next day.
FloriDreaming
TheFiatLux said:

I am SO FRICKIN' PROUD (and shocked) of the University. This was the right thing to do!
As I said even before this decision, the way this was being handled by the Chancellor and AD has been light years better than the way the prior administration dealt with these things. This is just further evidence.
HighlandDutch

Another benefit...we have two extra weeks to invite this guy to attend...as I recall, he's good luck for us.

chazzed
Bummer. We won't be as drunk and boisterous.
SoFlaBear
We also frequently hear that the 4:30 and 7:30 start times suck for those living 80 miles away. I can only conclude that, no matter what, it sucks to live 80 miles away.
azulviejo
chazzed said:

Bloody Mary's and Gin Fizz's. We can do it!
TandemBear
I totally support the decision. Thanks AD and all involved for making the right decision - and with enough warning to give everyone involved the ability to change plans - as much as possible, given the circumstances.

Today's AQI was 256 at about three today in Oakland. No way they should play in anything like this (I realize it could all change with a change in wind direction and speed) and probably shouldn't go anywhere near the practice field!

Go Bears!
SoFlaBear
In Florida, games get moved when the "cone of death" (the hurricane landfall probability chart) is in the area of the game. In many cases, the storm track moves, and there is much grumbling (Cal @ Southern Miss). Safety has to come first.
chazzed
I like the cut of your jib.
JSC 76
Does anybody recall what the AQI was last year for the WSU game?
sketchy9
MugsVanSant said:

What if you have to fly 400 miles?
sycasey
JSC 76 said:

Does anybody recall what the AQI was last year for the WSU game?
It was like 160-170, and dropping rapidly at game time (we got more onshore flow at the time).
calgldnbear
SoFlaBear said:

In Florida, games get moved when the "cone of death" (the hurricane landfall probability chart) is in the area of the game. In many cases, the storm track moves, and there is much grumbling (Cal @ Southern Miss). Safety has to come first.

I agree ... except looking back, that freaking hurricane probably cost us the Rose Bowl
TheFiatLux
azulviejo said:

chazzed said:

Bloody Mary's and Gin Fizz's. We can do it!

YES WE CAN!!!!
TandemBear
sketchy9 said:

MugsVanSant said:

Not to be too pointed, but let's not forget that our game travel blues seriously pale in comparison to the incredible loss and tragedy that precipitated the game rescheduling. The poor folks in and around Paradise. What a loss. This catastrophe has displaced 10-20 thousand people, killed 63 (current number), with over 600 missing. It's California's deadliest fire with the number of dead potentially going to unbelievable high numbers.

I experience the '91 firestorm, although didn't lose a house. But friends and family did and I can understand the trauma that such an event causes.

That said, I live five miles from Memorial, so in the effort for full disclosure, I admit that the rescheduling won't affect me much at all. In fact, it gives me more time tomorrow to complete a painting project before the rains finally arrive. I do feel for those inconvenienced by the change. (A friend's dad, who's attended every game since 1933, is changing his travel plans from the southland, so I can appreciate the unhappiness.)
sketchy9
TandemBear said:

sketchy9 said:

MugsVanSant said:

Not to be too pointed, but let's not forget that our game travel blues seriously pale in comparison to the incredible loss and tragedy that precipitated the game rescheduling. The poor folks in and around Paradise. What a loss. This catastrophe has displaced 10-20 thousand people, killed 63 (current number), with over 600 missing. It's California's deadliest fire with the number of dead potentially going to unbelievable high numbers.

I experience the '91 firestorm, although didn't lose a house. But friends and family did and I can understand the trauma that such an event causes.

That said, I live five miles from Memorial, so in the effort for full disclosure, I admit that the rescheduling won't affect me much at all. In fact, it gives me more time tomorrow to complete a painting project before the rains finally arrive. I do feel for those inconvenienced by the change. (A friend's dad, who's attended every game since 1933, is changing his travel plans from the southland, so I can appreciate the unhappiness.)

Of course the fire has been terrible, this was just a bit of snark for a bad situation.

And full disclosure, I wasn't planning on going to the originally scheduled game, but I'm going to the rescheduled one.
Sebastabear
oskidunker said:

So is there a chance the Rally might be on?
There's some issue with the Rally but I can't get a straight answer as to what. There's nothing else planned for the Greek on November 30th. Was initially told it was too expensive and when we offered to help was told that Rally Comm wasn't allowed to raise the money for this or something????? Makes no sense at all. We have some folks internally trying to figure this out. If there's any way in the world to get the Rally back on we should do it. We need to keep our traditions alive.
TheFiatLux
Sebastabear said:

oskidunker said:

There's some issue with the Rally but I can't get a straight answer as to what. There's nothing else planned for the Greek on November 30th. Was initially told it was too expensive and when we offered to help was told that Rally Comm wasn't allowed to raise the money for this or something????? Makes no sense at all. We have some folks internally trying to figure this out. If there's any way in the world to get the Rally back on we should do it. We need to keep our traditions alive.
i am meeting with the chancellor tomorrow and will bring this up. you and i will talk off line.
Sebastabear
TheFiatLux said:

Sebastabear said:

oskidunker said:

i am meeting with the chancellor tomorrow and will bring this up. you and i will talk off line.

Terrific. And thank you for talking to the Chancellor about the postponement. I know for a fact getting your perspective (on behalf of the other students and members of the team) helped shape her decision. It's great that she was willing to listen to those views. She's a keeper.
Son-of-California
I booked the Claremont before the announcement...prices doubled afterward.
Sebastabear
Son-of-California said:

I booked the Claremont before the announcement...prices doubled afterward.
You were smart. I called right after the formal announcement and am now paying a price roughly equal to what it cost to build the Claremont. Can't believe they can get anyone to pay those rates without using a gun.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.