How many cant go now beacause of the time change?

7,984 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BoaltBear
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just curious. My son will be out of town. everyone else going.
Go Bears!
orindabear74
One of my two sons cannot attend on 12/1 so now I have an extra ticket. Wonder if Cal will offer refunds? Otherwise I will have to sell the extra ticket probably at a reduced price.
Big C
Our group has a block of eight tickets, which my ESP buddy got for us. I paid for my two personal ones, which I will use on 12/11, when I attend my 44th consecutive Big Game. Looks like only 0-2 of the other six will be used, as the folks are coming from farther away and are in town now (one from back east). $78 per ticket and I think they were going to pay my buddy tomorrow, so we gotta figure out how that's gonna work. Plus, the eight of us are getting together anyway, but no game now.

So that sucks, but some people were going to get inconvenienced any way you slice it. Even if they correctly projected the air would clear and decided to play, some people weren't going to be able to make it.

Considering the air looks every bit as bad here as it did yesterday, I think they had to postpone. Pretty hard to say, "It's supposed to be better tomorrow!" Bad optics, if you will excuse the pun.

Go Bears!
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C
orindabear74 said:

One of my two sons cannot attend on 12/1 so now I have an extra ticket. Wonder if Cal will offer refunds? Otherwise I will have to sell the extra ticket probably at a reduced price.
They definitely should offer refunds, or at least credit for future games. Keep the fan base happy.
StillNoStanfurdium
oskidunker said:

Just curious. My son will be out of town. everyone else going.
I'm out of town then and can no longer make it. It's a shame. I was hoping for clearer air and the original time. Something under 150 AQI.
cal83dls79
orindabear74 said:

. -2 from us
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
cal83dls79
Big C said:

orindabear74 said:

They definitely should offer refunds, or at least credit for future games. Keep the fan base happy.
happy? Sanguine at best
touchdownbears43
Four of us can't - just flew in and got the update within ten minutes of being at SFO. Yay!!!!!!
GMP
I'm more likely to go. I was mulling not going because I have asthma. Bringing the kids was out of the question. Luckily, I planned our annual Friendsgiving for 12/8 instead of 12/1, the other date considered. Phew.
acalfan
Yep, first time I will miss a Big Game.
travelingbears
I can't make the new date =(

But coincidentally I have a couple of friends in town from Oregon who will be taking my two tickets.
ecb
Can't make the new date
socaliganbear
orindabear74 said:

Have to?
oskidunker
The number of tickets on stub hub was about 1100, with none left in bench back good sections. Now there are 1272. I imagine that will go to at least 1500 by the end of the week end
Go Bears!
XXXBEAR
How many CAN go (and breath fresh air) because of the time change? How many are glad that the athletes don't have to endure the air? How many care about Old Blues and children who would've struggled with the air quality?

What I'd like to see is a giving campaign at the Big Game to aid all the Fire victims...
GMP
cal83dls79 said:

orindabear74 said:

they should offer refunds . -2 from us but likely i won't ever make the trek back and certainly if they don't refund that would be a joke

How much did you pay? If they don't offer refunds, and you fly back FROM MAINE, I'll reimburse you, cash money, at the game on 12/1. In the alternative, I'll offer a pitcher of beer, all for you, at the Faculty Club before the game.
oskidunker
List the ticket now on Stub Hub.
Go Bears!
chalcidbear
I can go, but my wife probably can't. Major downer.
sonofabear51
What section is your extra ticket in? Due to the game being moved to December 1st, I am seriously considering coming up from SoCal for this game. I would like to sit in a Cal section. LOL. I grew up in Moraga.
bearsandgiants
They should set up a reseller market with no fees for cal alums.
BearsWiin
La Familia BearsWiin will be en route from Florence to Rome that day, so we're out
TheFiatLux
Hey here's an idea for those that can't go... you could just give your tickets to fire fighters or other first responders. Don't donate them, just give them away. Act of kindness. Or you could give them to some local kids. You know, just call Berkeley High or Oakland Tech or something and say "Hey I have two tickets to the BIg Game I can't use. I'll send them to you so you can give them to a couple of deserving students." Or you could give them to a couple of Cal students who don't have tickets. Or maybe you have a professor you liked who would like to go. There are so many options.
wifeisafurd
BearsWiin said:

La Familia BearsWiin will be en route from Florence to Rome that day, so we're out
That is as good an excuse as one could have. if you have time, get to El Profeto Restaurant (near the St. Regfis). The best meal I had in Italy (which is saying something), or maybe anywhere. Family run, small, and you need an advance reservation. Ask for the Trovalta pasta (not on menu) and you will be richly rewarded with all sorts of goodies not on the menu - gratis, and meet the entire family.

Major trivia item: the St. Regis is where Leland Stanford Jr. (of LSJU) died (it was obviously under a different name then).
socaliganbear
wifeisafurd said:

BearsWiin said:

That is as good an excuse as one could have. if you have time, get to El Profeto Restaurant (near the St. Regfis). The best meal I had in Italy (which is saying something), or maybe anywhere. Family run, small, and you need an advance reservation. Ask for the Trovalta pasta (not on menu) and you will be richly rewarded with all sorts of goodies not on the menu - gratis, and meet the entire family.

Major trivia item: the St. Regis is where Leland Stanford Jr. (of LSJU) died (it was obviously under a different name then).

Noted. I'll be there myself next month.
cal83dls79
GMP said:

cal83dls79 said:

orindabear74 said:

they should offer refunds . -2 from us but likely i won't ever make the trek back and certainly if they don't refund that would be a joke

How much did you pay? If they don't offer refunds, and you fly back FROM MAINE, I'll reimburse you, cash money, at the game on 12/1. In the alternative, I'll offer a pitcher of beer, all for you, at the Faculty Club before the game.
kind offer gmp! I'm here until the co game ! Maybe I'll see you at the faculty club. Roll on.
cal83dls79
I Iove the suggestions here to give away tix as though some of us unable to attend can't figure it out ourselves or don't care about the Old Blues! Enough of the patronizing. Do they know how many tix I've handed out on the way up to memorial? Some games I couldn't even give them away even when I coupled the offer with some really good cake. Thank you
TheFiatLux
cal83dls79 said:

I Iove the suggestions here to give away tix as though some of us unable to attend can't figure it out ourselves or don't care about the Old Blues! Enough of the patronizing. Do they know how many tix I've handed out on the way up to memorial? Some games I couldn't even give them away even when I coupled the offer with some really good cake. Thank you
I'm sorry, I thought you were serious when you asked about the refund so I offered some other suggestions. I'll buy the tix from you and give them away. Just direct message me. Then you can treat me to a beer at Gritty McDuffs!
cal83dls79
TheFiatLux said:

cal83dls79 said:

I'm sorry, I thought you were serious when you asked about the refund so I offered some other suggestions. I'll buy the tix from you and give them away. Just direct message me. Then you can treat me to a beer at Gritty McDuffs!
no worries fiat. I came here 3k miles with the pretense of attending my in-laws Thanksgiving dinner..all the while knowing it was for stanfurd. Now I have to endure that without the game. That said, it's nothing in grand scheme and a lesson in selflessness which I fail at often.
GMP
wifeisafurd said:

BearsWiin said:

B.S. Big Game is so much better than Florence or Rome.
wifeisafurd
socaliganbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearsWiin said:

Florence is the bomb. Time permitting, try Borgo San Jacobo - the view and food is worth the coin, but it is more of the high end feel (Michelin stars) than El Profeto. Also, the best Gelato is the Grom by the Domo. I suspect you know very well where to go for the culture and where to stay.
wifeisafurd
GMP said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearsWiin said:

B.S. Big Game is so much better than Florence or Rome.
Not for the last long 8 years. But the times they are a changing.
71Bear
wifeisafurd said:

socaliganbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearsWiin said:

Florence is the bomb. Time permitting, try Borgo San Jacobo - the view and food is worth the coin, but it is more of the high end feel (Michelin stars) than El Profeto. Also, the best Gelato is the Grom by the Domo. I suspect you know very well where to go for the culture and where to stay.
Time for a clarification WIAF... Are you suggesting Grom is the best anywhere or the best in Florence? I had some at the Grom you mentioned and was not impressed relative to other places I have gone outside of Florence.
hanky1
I can still go and will be there...but not my wife and our daughter.
TheFiatLux
cal83dls79 said:

TheFiatLux said:

cal83dls79 said:

no worries fiat. I came here 3k miles with the pretense of attending my in-laws Thanksgiving dinner..all the while knowing it was for stanfurd. Now I have to endure that without the game. That said, it's nothing in grand scheme and a lesson in selflessness which I fail at often.
But you can still treat me to a beer at Gritty McDuff's.... scratch that beer is on me! And some fish and chips!!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.