How many cant go now beacause of the time change?

7,978 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BoaltBear
TheFiatLux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wifeisafurd said:

BearsWiin said:

La Familia BearsWiin will be en route from Florence to Rome that day, so we're out
That is as good an excuse as one could have. if you have time, get to El Profeto Restaurant (near the St. Regfis). The best meal I had in Italy (which is saying something), or maybe anywhere. Family run, small, and you need an advance reservation. Ask for the Trovalta pasta (not on menu) and you will be richly rewarded with all sorts of goodies not on the menu - gratis, and meet the entire family.

Major trivia item: the St. Regis is where Leland Stanford Jr. (of LSJU) died (it was obviously under a different name then).

I spent a couple of nights for my birthday at the St Regis in NYC a few weeks ago. Absolutely flawless. And I treated myself to the 55 Street Burger, which is prime rib burger with lobster tail.
drizzlybears brother
Flew in Thursday for just my second home game in 15 yrs. bringing my son for his first trip to Berkeley. Got shut out on all fronts - no men's bb, no campus activities, no rally, no Big Game. Flew back home today. Just bad luck. Will try again next year.
Strykur
I am doing a Spartan Sprint, so probably not going to see us take back the Axe.
cal83dls79
TheFiatLux said:

cal83dls79 said:

TheFiatLux said:

cal83dls79 said:

I Iove the suggestions here to give away tix as though some of us unable to attend can't figure it out ourselves or don't care about the Old Blues! Enough of the patronizing. Do they know how many tix I've handed out on the way up to memorial? Some games I couldn't even give them away even when I coupled the offer with some really good cake. Thank you
I'm sorry, I thought you were serious when you asked about the refund so I offered some other suggestions. I'll buy the tix from you and give them away. Just direct message me. Then you can treat me to a beer at Gritty McDuffs!
no worries fiat. I came here 3k miles with the pretense of attending my in-laws Thanksgiving dinner..all the while knowing it was for stanfurd. Now I have to endure that without the game. That said, it's nothing in grand scheme and a lesson in selflessness which I fail at often.
But you can still treat me to a beer at Gritty McDuff's.... scratch that beer is on me! And some fish and chips!!
will do! It's in the old port. Maybe I'll go watch the game there!
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
FrankBear21
Could have easily played the game today, as expected. No health risks either. Tisk tisk.
FrankBear21
FrankBear21 said:

Could have easily played the game today, as expected. No health risks either. Tisk tisk.

Maybe not.
oskidunker
Go Bears!
concordtom
XXXBEAR said:

How many CAN go (and breath fresh air) because of the time change? How many are glad that the athletes don't have to endure the air? How many care about Old Blues and children who would've struggled with the air quality?

What I'd like to see is a giving campaign at the Big Game to aid all the Fire victims...
There are lost of crappy aspects of this for people, like the guy who just flew into town and had the game cancelled on him 10 mins after landing. That sucks!

But seriously folks - this event is like 9/11 in one sense. Or Katrina. The list of missing is 1000 now. An entire town of 25-30,000 is gone as if a bomb fell on it. Do you have no clue??? Those that survived had a couple hours to zero minutes available to grab what they could, throw it in a car, and run a gauntlet of terror thru the flames. And yet, do I hear people complaining that they can't get rid of their tickets? That the university needs to buy the tickets back? Wow, that's shameful.

Maybe you could donate your tickets to stub hub and whatever proceeds are made from the sale could be a donation to the fire victims, who are now with zero possessions and living in tents. Watch the game on tv, and your tickets will be your donation. You'll save money in gas!
Cal Strong!
Cal Strong think time change made primarily to accommodate Egyptian bears. Now Cairene Cal alumni can watch game at 9PM on Saturday instead of 2:30AM Sunday.

Strong move by Chancellor Christ. She understand that no Chancellor or football program can succeed without strong Egyptian fan FOP. She very bright bear . . . and strong . . . like CAL!

Cal STRONG!!!!!!!!!
oskidunker
Friday their were anout 1100 tickets on Stib hub. Now 2400. No demand. Everyone who wanted to go and canngo has tickets.
Go Bears!
BearsWiin
wifeisafurd said:

BearsWiin said:

La Familia BearsWiin will be en route from Florence to Rome that day, so we're out
That is as good an excuse as one could have. if you have time, get to El Profeto Restaurant (near the St. Regfis). The best meal I had in Italy (which is saying something), or maybe anywhere. Family run, small, and you need an advance reservation. Ask for the Trovalta pasta (not on menu) and you will be richly rewarded with all sorts of goodies not on the menu - gratis, and meet the entire family.

Major trivia item: the St. Regis is where Leland Stanford Jr. (of LSJU) died (it was obviously under a different name then).

Noted, thanks. We've got five days in Rome before hitting Siena and Florence for a couple days each, then coming back for one night in Rome before flying home. That one night we've got a hotel near the Termini, which looks to be near the St. Regis (the other five nights we've got an airb&b close to the Pantheon), so maybe that'll be a "last night in Italy" special dinner evening. I generally travel for the museums/cathedrals/history and less so for the food experiences, but I'm sure the wife would like it. Now that I think about it, when we were in Austria 18 months ago she insisted on a special "last night in Austria" dinner, so we'll probably be doing something along those lines this time around.
run2win
Unfortunately, due to the postponement, my consecutive streak will end at 45.
joeroth12.com
X: @calgridiron
Facebook: California Gridiron
DCW67MSW
As we get close to 12/1 those stubhub tickets will shrink
Golden One
Now 150 at 2:25pm.
2701RidgeRoad
I have 26 tickets and as of today 3 confirmed for the December 1 rescheduled game. The ATO said I could add tickets to the Colorado game. Let's see, I have 12 tickets for Colorado and so far 3 confirmed for that game. I know, I suffer from irrational exuberance. The putative reason to postpone the game, IMO, was due to trivial amounts of PM2.5. This is football. Don't go if you cannot take the heat, the cold, the rain or the PM2.5.

oskidunker
The Colorado game date and time have not changed.
Go Bears!
Bear19
touchdownbears43 said:

Four of us can't - just flew in and got the update within ten minutes of being at SFO. Yay!!!!!!
That is a real shame, tdb43. Hopefully you all can get something enjoyable out of the trip anyway.
tequila4kapp

My ESP host can no longer attend due to a funeral scheduled on same day /time. I'm also unable to attend that weekend, already had other travel plans that cannot be changed.

I am happy everyone - fans and staff and players - will be in a healthier environment.

Silver lining: Alaska is altering its normal policy due to the fires in CA and is waiving the $125 change fee to airlines tickets. Anyone flying that airline be sure to ask about it. The agent that helped me didn't know about it and stumbled on it when processing my cancellation. You have to process your cancellation a particular way to see the option.
tequila4kapp
drizzlybears brother said:

Flew in Thursday for just my second home game in 15 yrs. bringing my son for his first trip to Berkeley. Got shut out on all fronts - no men's bb, no campus activities, no rally, no Big Game. Flew back home today. Just bad luck. Will try again next year.
Oh man, that bites. Sorry.
smh
2701RidgeRoad said:

I have 26 tickets and as of today 3 confirmed for the December 1 rescheduled game. The ATO said I could add tickets to the Colorado game. Let's see, I have 12 tickets for Colorado and so far 3 confirmed for that game. I know, I suffer from irrational exuberance. The putative reason to postpone the game, IMO, was due to trivial amounts of PM2.5. This is football. Don't go if you cannot take the heat, the cold, the rain or the PM2.5.

first post? welcome. ps: had us at "putative".
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
2701RidgeRoad

2701RidgeRoad
Actually when AD Knowlton announced his decision at the SF football players' lunch, it was puketive but I decided on this family blog. I would use the euphemism putative. I have read and enjoyed many of the posts. You have some fun comments on this blog, and a few are cogent. Thanks for the welcome.
oskidunker
Have no idea what you are trying to say.
Go Bears!
KenBurnski
That must be disappointing. Hopefully your group had a big dinner or something fun together during the scheduled game time. Not sure if you are being sarcastic regarding your feelings of "welcome." But if not, enjoy and keep posting. If you are being sarcastic, you'll need a thicker coat or else prepare to cry because of BlueBlood. Anyways, welcome to the board.
Big C
drizzlybears brother said:

Sorry you missed all that cool stuff and then had to leave. Last night, my buddies and I -- desperate for a Cal "fix" -- walked over to Memorial, then walked around the perimeter until we found an unlocked gate (SE corner). We walked in and walked down onto the field, went out to the 50 yd line and ran a few plays, then reenacted The Play, on the field, in the hazy moonlight. This was at about 10 PM. It was incredible.

You should've been there.
KenBurnski
That sounds incredible, Big C. I only have enough buddies to recreate classic Cal Chess Club moments
bearister
KenBurnski said:

That sounds incredible, Big C. I only have enough buddies to recreate classic Cal Chess Club moments

Recreate this:

"Go on out and get some air, fatso!"

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
kirklandblue
bearister said:

KenBurnski said:

Recreate this:

"Go on out and get some air, fatso!"

You guys are better than Netflix, seriously, keep it coming!
KenBurnski
Anytime a DH marathon comes on TV, my DVR puts in work.

I also enjoy the watery eyed, scared/pissed off current Clint. His new movie, The Mule, looks sweet.
calumnus
wifeisafurd said:

His mother, Jane Stanford, later died at the Moana Surfrider in Waikiki, almost certainly poisoned by Stanford President David Starr Jordan a racist/eugenicist and inspiration to Hitler. Jordan then took the university away from the free tuition quasi-public California-centric model Stanford intended to the elitist school it became.
Big C
KenBurnski said:

There were five of us. We didn't exactly have all the positions covered. A fun ten minutes, though.
cal83dls79
concordtom said:

XXXBEAR said:

How many CAN go (and breath fresh air) because of the time change? How many are glad that the athletes don't have to endure the air? How many care about Old Blues and children who would've struggled with the air quality?

What I'd like to see is a giving campaign at the Big Game to aid all the Fire victims...
There are lost of crappy aspects of this for people, like the guy who just flew into town and had the game cancelled on him 10 mins after landing. That sucks!

But seriously folks - this event is like 9/11 in one sense. Or Katrina. The list of missing is 1000 now. An entire town of 25-30,000 is gone as if a bomb fell on it. Do you have no clue??? Those that survived had a couple hours to zero minutes available to grab what they could, throw it in a car, and run a gauntlet of terror thru the flames. And yet, do I hear people complaining that they can't get rid of their tickets? That the university needs to buy the tickets back? Wow, that's shameful.

Maybe you could donate your tickets to stub hub and whatever proceeds are made from the sale could be a donation to the fire victims, who are now with zero possessions and living in tents. Watch the game on tv, and your tickets will be your donation. You'll save money in gas!
Maybe you should not try to make assumptions about the character of people that you have no idea what their true charitable nature is. Every day, while people post all kinds of trivial stuff on this board, really bad stuff is happening everywhere . Go after them why don't you and get off your high horse.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
BoaltBear
Well I'm plus 2. Was going to miss it because of work, and can now attend 12/1. Can't wait. This is the year!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.