No Superbowl?

2,027 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Yogi58
Blueblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I heard an unAmerican rumor that the Superbowl could be postponed or even cancelled because of the trump government shutdown?!? Good for Trump...stick to your guns!
sp4149
Blueblood said:

I heard an unAmerican rumor that the Superbowl could be postponed or even cancelled because of the trump government shutdown?!? Good for Trump...stick to your guns!
Perhaps a little Southern hyperbole?

One story said that the airlines had added 1500 flights into Atlanta just for the Superbowl attendees,
Figuring 150 passengers per flight that would be an extra 225,000 travelers to Atlanta just for the game.
Now with TSA sickouts and FAA inspectors not inspecting, that many extra travelers could cause problems.

But do that many fans fly to the Superbowl city when they are not attending the actual game?
Perhaps I overestimate the intelligence of out sports-fans.
okaydo
Security for the event will be in place. There's no question about that.

As for getting there, expect hell.

But the Super Bowl will happen.
TouchedTheAxeIn82
Dumb thread. Nothing stops the Super Bowl.
ducky23
Knowing America, Threatening to cancel the super bowl is probably the only way to get this shutdown ended

Arizona residents didn't vote to recognize mlk day until they got the super bowl taken from them
Big C
Blueblood said:

I heard that Fox News reported today that, if there's a problem with having the Super Bowl here, Obama has offered to have the whole thing moved to Kenya. If it works out, he said they could become the permanent hosts.
sp4149
Big C said:

Blueblood said:

I heard that Fox News reported today that, if there's a problem with having the Super Bowl here, Obama has offered to have the whole thing moved to Kenya. If it works out, he said they could become the permanent hosts.
Actually the offer was moving it to the Ukraine and then Putin could ensure it would be undisturbed by invading,
A win win for the Grump.
ColoradoBear
I'd think playing it in an empty stadium would be far better for the NFL's pocketbook than cancelling it due to the TV aspect.
AunBear89
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

Dumb thread. <snip>
Consider the source...
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
NVGolfingBear
Apparently, the volume of private/corporate aircraft that come in for the game will really cause headaches on Monday when they all try to leave at the same time from ATL and surrounding smaller fields. Could have ripple effects across the nation's air traffic control.

... 1,000's of fans are trying to get out of Atlanta Hartsfield on that same Monday with limited/furloughed/sick TSA agents at the security checkpoints. Yeah, sign me up for that mess!
Blueblood
AunBear89 said:

TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

Dumb thread. <snip>
Consider the source...
Hate and jealousy motivated post from one of my avid readers and one of his friends! ....thank you....again Klan members!
Yogi58
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

Dumb thread. Nothing stops the Super Bowl.
Au contraire mon frere.

AunBear89
bluedud said:
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Yogi58
AunBear89 said:

bluedud said:

He ain't the only one
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.