CJ, say it ain't so.

7,370 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Trumpanzee
bearsandgiants
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6648693/LA-Rams-CJ-Anderson-sexted-woman-telling-dont-fat-girls.html
calumnus
The whole thing was so embarassing for her that she sold the story to a tabloid to have it blasted all over the Internet?

But, yeah, my fandom for CJ just plummeted.
bearister
Fine Ambassador for The # 1 Public University in the World. If he runs for 100 yards in the SB I will do my best to Access Hollywood spin this thing.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
Anyways, there is no more media availability for players...it's the Daily Mail, known for fudging the truth, but we'll see if this has legs.
PDXCalFan
I'm calling BS. The text thread randomly changes from her being on the right with blue bubbles (screen shot of her phone) to his being on the right with blue bubbles (screen shot from his phone). Unless he was providing screenshots of his side of this encounter, that makes it feel made up.
Yogi58
bearsandgiants said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6648693/LA-Rams-CJ-Anderson-sexted-woman-telling-dont-fat-girls.html

LOL at not rooting for a player because he was cheating on his girlfriend. That's been going on with athletes going back to the telegram era.

But boys and girls, this is Exhibit A on why you don't hit up ****s on social media when you're looking for casual sex.
LunchTime
Yogi Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

LOL at not rooting for a player because he was cheating on his girlfriend. That's been going on with athletes going back to the telegram era.

But boys and girls, this is Exhibit A on why you don't hit up ****s on social media when you're looking for casual sex.
social media is the only place people go to hook up now.

I don't blame him for any of it at all. Who gives a **** if he has preferences and brings them up right out of the gate? She is attention seeking on IG, so who cares if he was crass while flirting. Who cares if he was looking to hook up with someone online? Did anyone expect these guys to all be faithful to girlfriends? He isn't even married, and even that would be oddball morals projecting.

People shocked that a guy was talking to IG attention seekers trying to have sex because he doesn't like fat women, or because his girlfriend exists or because his girlfriend is pregnant belong in Casablanca.
Econ141
The only thing that surprises me about this is hat he's only 27? Thought he played for us eons ago.
Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
hanky1
He doesn't like fat girls.

Big deal.
Trumpanzee
Gunnink sent the athlete a sexy full body photo to which he replied, 'That's not bad that's [****able]' before adding, 'you got a stomachare you trying to lose it'

What the hell CJ! You building a shed over your tool....
calumnus
fat_slice said:

The only thing that surprises me about this is hat he's only 27? Thought he played for us eons ago.

2011 and 2012, Tedford's last two years. Only 6 years ago, but it does seem like eons.

In 10 days he will be 28.
tequila4kapp
hanky1 said:

He doesn't like fat girls.

Big deal.
Exactly.
Another Bear
The real irony was a fat guy calling out a fat girl. It's like Constanza being upset he was set up with a bald woman. The crudeness was weak but double standards make you look dumb.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
upsetof86
This is a nothing burger. Here's to rooting for CJ and Gurley both having great days on a winning team Sunday.
Fyght4Cal
The tatts are a much bigger concern than the weight, imho. Also, sexting behind your gf's back. Not good. He's 27. I hope he learns better, so he can do better.

Finally, pregnancy sex is God's gift to fathers-to-be. Not to be missed, CJ. YMMV.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
MilleniaBear
Just like Ross he was on a break!
Bear19
Yogi Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

Words of wisdom from Yogi Bear. Well worth consideration.
Cal Strong!
CJ Anderson WEAK! CJ need to stop being ugly person on inside . . . that WEAK! Cal not weak. CJ Anderson need to start being more like Cal . . . less like him. Cal not ugly-hearted instagram pervert. Cal not philanderer. Cal not weak!

Cal STRONG!!!!
okaydo
Cal Strong! said:

CJ Anderson WEAK! CJ need to stop being ugly person on inside . . . that WEAK! Cal not weak. CJ Anderson need to start being more like Cal . . . less like him. Cal not ugly-hearted instagram pervert. Cal not philanderer. Cal not weak!

Cal STRONG!!!!

Cal Strong! no media literate. Cal Strong! believes everything he reads.

CALiforniALUM
PDXCalFan said:

I'm calling BS. The text thread randomly changes from her being on the right with blue bubbles (screen shot of her phone) to his being on the right with blue bubbles (screen shot from his phone). Unless he was providing screenshots of his side of this encounter, that makes it feel made up.

Good catch. I think Bill Belichick is behind this. It's got Pats written all over it.
bearister
LunchTime said:

Yogi Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

I don't blame him for any of it at all. Who gives a **** if he has preferences and brings them up right out of the gate? She is attention seeking on IG, so who cares if he was crass while flirting. Who cares if he was looking to hook up with someone online? Did anyone expect these guys to all be faithful to girlfriends? He isn't even married, and even that would be oddball morals projecting.

People shocked that a guy was talking to IG attention seekers trying to have sex because he doesn't like fat women, or because his girlfriend exists or because his girlfriend is pregnant belong in Casablanca.
I'm just thankful that you young guys set me straight with regard to the rules governing when it is improper to withdraw your support for a particular athlete.
socaliganbear
Online hook ups are 100% about finding a superficial quick fix. This is standard.
joe amos yaks
Very bad form. Unfortunate.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
BearGoggles
Another Bear said:

The real irony was a fat guy calling out a fat girl. It's like Constanza being upset he was set up with a bald woman. The crudeness was weak but double standards make you look dumb.
According to the article, this all happened back in September when CJ was with Carolina and presumably more fit. Also, CJ claims he and his fiance were on a break or whatever.

The girl is an internet attention wannabee - she is known for posting scantily clad pictures on social media. She admits she's seeking attention. So this is just consistent with that - waiting until super bowl week and playing the victim.

This is not a good look for CJ, but pretty minor.
BearinOC
She is thick. I'd hit that in a second.
bearister
BearinOC said:

Finally a well balanced and thoughtful post that puts the entire episode in proper perspective.

bluehenbear
golden sloth
bearsandgiants said:

What Brits think of the Daily Mail in Venn Diagram format (Fast-Forward to 1:36).

ncbears
If only CJ had learned about how these things can go - as immortalized by his alma mater.
How you do it
BearinOC
bearister said:

BearinOC said:

Finally a well balanced and thoughtful post that puts the entire episode in proper perspective.

I try to point out the obvious, be succinct and speak of what is most important. Thank you for seeing it my way.
bearister
You need to get your post count up. It's been hours and I'm still laughing.
calumnus
bearister said:

LunchTime said:

Yogi Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

I'm just thankful that you young guys set me straight with regard to the rules governing when it is improper to withdraw your support for a particular athlete.

Yeah, I'm not condemning, I am definitely still rooting for him, but before I was thinking of him as an underdog, the kid from Vallejo that got overlooked, stared at Laney, came to Cal (initially as a preferred walk-on?) where again his talents were not fully recognized, and Sofele got most of the reps, gets into the NFL as an indrafted free agent(?) does great at Denver but Elway lets him go, Rivera picks him up and he is great, but playing behind the furd guy, and gets released again, and again, ends up in Oakland, back home, great story, and he gets cut again. Then the miracle, the Rams pick him up, Gurley gets hurt, and CJ becomes a star getting the Rams through the playoffs, playing alongside fellow Bear Goff, wearing the Blue and Gold, getting my hometown, childhood and now once again favorite NFL team into the Super Bowl... all while the Internet was making fun of his weight (which he attributed to his girlfriend's pregnancy and his imminent fatherhood). That narrative, of the amazing underdog, persevering, never giving up, a guy you HAVE to root for, even if I wasn't a Cal fan and a Rams fan, well, that image is tarnished. I don't condemn him or judge him and am still rooting for him. But the underdog story doesn't work as well anymore (and the Mail is trash).
Yogi58
BearinOC said:

Heap big woman, you done made a bad boy out of me
BearinOC
Yogi Bear said:

BearinOC said:

Heap big woman, you done made a bad boy out of me
Hee Haw, Brother Jebediah!
touchdownbears43
Could care less about what he does in the bedroom - we aren't in a position to judge someone else's personal or love life. Move on PC police
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.