Poll: What size tv will you be watching the Super Bowl on?

3,681 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by travelingbears
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The last time these two teams played in the Super Bowl, you watched it on this tv:

Zoom to February 3, 2019 and the tv you will be watching it on will look very different and will likely be much bigger. The Super Bowl is a celebration of many things, but among them is television technology and size. What size tv will you be watching the game on today? Star the closest tv size.
B.A. Bearacus
A. 32-inch
B.A. Bearacus
B. 40-inch
B.A. Bearacus
C. 43-inch
B.A. Bearacus
D. 50-inch
B.A. Bearacus
E. 55-inch
B.A. Bearacus
F. 65-inch
B.A. Bearacus
G. 75-inch
Big C
H. smh
71Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

The last time these two teams played in the Super Bowl, you watched it on this tv:

Zoom to February 3, 2019 and the tv you will be watching it on will look very different and will likely be much bigger. The Super Bowl is a celebration of many things, but among them is television technology and size. What size tv will you be watching the game on today? Star the closest tv size.
I don't plan on watching the game. I have rain gutters that need attention.....
KenBurnski
YouTube theater mode on iPod Nano
Another Bear
For the ultimate in American entertainment and consumption...go BIG or go da fuq home. I'm talking big hundred and ten inch TV. For food...French Laundry will be catering a $2,500 per/person snack-athon, not including alcohol. For that going IV alc-y drip. Seating...everyone sits in a $10k massage chair with custom vomit trays and vacuum. Next year the new model will include a build in toilet, with Washlet bidet and eye control remote.

AMERICA BABY!!! LAND OF THE FREE!!!
Peanut Gallery Consultant
B.A. Bearacus

Chabbear
Size D for my party

Go Bears
B.A. Bearacus

okaydo
i bought this from walmart. the exact same model, refurbished and everything, at this price, last August.

It's been fine.

Came out to around $750 with tax and shipping.

I went from a 51-inch (Samsung) to 65 inch.

And one thing you notice is that you don't really notice how big it is. I mean it just feels the same. The quality is good, but I'm not blown away. I use (non-HD YouTube TV, and it looks fine).

One thing I wonder about is when I see rich people who put tiny (50 inch or smaller) TVs in their room. Like you can afford something much bigger...I guess they don't want the TV to overwhelm the room.

But if I can get a 65 inch Samsung this cheap -- albeit this isn't Samsung's high-end TV range -- I'd expect actual rich people to have something much more impressive.

B.A. Bearacus
Goobear
Ipad
GoCal1
A 65in. With plenty of chicken wings.
B.A. Bearacus
CalStrong, can you please vote for me from one of your handles since I can't vote in this poll? 40-inch tv at friend's place in the Mission and living room will look like this:

Strykur
C. (42 inch)
75bear
I didn't know we were all planning to whip it out.
B.A. Bearacus
75bear said:

Flagged for no reference to the founding father of whip-it-outism, WhipItOutJoe.
okaydo
75bear said:

I have shown it's possible to be endowed, TV-wise, without spending a lot of money.
bearister
An Apple Watch.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
graguna
19" TV in my kitchen while my kids play Fort Nite on our big screen in the family room
concordtom
71Bear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

So instead, or in preparation for doing those gutters, you are chatting on BI.
Nice.
concordtom
Radio with Kevin Harlan.
B.A. Bearacus
Glad I only had to watch 40 inches of that crap.
71Bear
concordtom said:

71Bear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

So instead, or in preparation for doing those gutters, you are chatting on BI.
Nice.
I was watching golf. Once the tourney was over, I headed outside. Of course, the only time I watch LA is when they play the Niners....
B.A. Bearacus
Final thought from me: I am surprised that keeping up with the BI Joneses now means going 65". Would have guesssed something closer to 50". That said, the question was about the size of the tv you'd be watching the Super Bowl on so maybe the 65" tally was slightly skewed by the person in your friend group with the biggest tv being most likely to have people over for Pizza Hut and kimbap.
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

Final thought from me: I am surprised that keeping up with the BI Joneses now means going 65". Would have guesssed something closer to 50". That said, the question was about the size of the tv you'd be watching the Super Bowl on so maybe the 65" tally was slightly skewed by the person in your friend group with the biggest tv being most likely to have people over for Pizza Hut and kimbap.

Well, I can only vote once. I think that 50 inch TVs are pretty cheap. And 65 inch TVs cost slightly more. So why not get a 65 inch TV? (Unless you don't want a TV set to overwhelm your room.) The jump from a 65 inch TV to a 75 incher is, however, pretty steep.

When I type 50 inch TV in Amazon, the lowest prices are $220 to $300.

When I type 65 inch TV in Amazon, the lowest prices are $500 to $700.

When I type 75 inch TV in Amazon, the lowest price is $1300.

travelingbears
You can get a decent 75" for about $1k. I got the 75" Samsung nu8000 for $1199 from frys a couple months ago. It's not oled nice, but still pretty good. Watching Netflix on 4K is gorgeous, especially when I geek out on planet earth 2.

Here's a cheaper LG 75" for $1049.
https://slickdeals.net/f/12733834-75-lg-75uk6570pub-4k-hdr-ai-smart-tv-w-thinq-1050-free-shipping

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.