4 star safety transfers to Cal from Penn State

3,015 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by calbearinamaze
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw on twitter

Announcing the signing of Penn State transfer Isaiah Humphries today for #Cal. Humphries is already in classes and will be a part of Spring Ball
MoragaBear
Staff
Happened a few weeks ago:

https://bearinsider.com/s/1121/bears-add-a-big-transfer-in-penn-state-safety-isaiah-humphries/2/next/staff
GivemTheAxe
oskidunker said:

Saw on twitter

Announcing the signing of Penn State transfer Isaiah Humphries today for #Cal. Humphries is already in classes and will be a part of Spring Ball

Can he play Offense?
calbear80
Old news?
82gradDLSdad
GivemTheAxe said:

oskidunker said:

Saw on twitter

Can he play Offense?

Can he coach (and recruit) offense?
TheSouseFamily
calbearinamaze
TheSouseFamily said:

OK. TSF.....that's an obvious put-down of the Wizards.

Booth had to play on the same team as Christian Laettner.
I would have dared you to root for Laettner. He actually played
in DC for 4 long years. I have it from well-placed sources....actually
anyone who came anywhere near Chinatown.....that Laettner would
routinely get totally stoned and run up and down the street yelling
"DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK"
rkt88edmo
Do people not even know what a booth is anymore, wth is happening to BI
TheSouseFamily
Rest assured, I was as big a hater of Laettner as anyone. You can also throw in Chris Collins, Bobby Hurley, Thomas Davis and more into that mix. But nobody played the villain role or relished it more thoroughly than Laettner.

Speaking of Calvin Booth though, I saw him at an NCAA tournament game in Charlotte a few years ago and since he appeared to be alone, I had an opportunity to go chat with him and let him know what a significant figure he still is among Cal fans and perhaps even take a picture with his famous tattoo. But alas, I kept moving. One of the biggest regrets of my life.
calbearinamaze
I see that Booth was named Assistant GM of the Denver Nuggets in 2017. I believe he's still there.

I feel a similar way about "The Legend" Phil Chenier. My chance was at a baseball game and I miss-timed
it. Just listening to him do color on Wizards' games for 30+years, there was always a chance for a CAL
reference to pop up. Never a complaint that a bad injury prevented him from joining The Big E, Unseld
and another CAL legend...Charles Johnson... in winning the 1978 NBA championship. PC is one of the most humble people I've "known".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.