Is Larry Scott to blame for Pac-12 football and basketball sucking?

6,675 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by calumnus
Fyght4Cal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am amazed at the attitudes some non-college grads in CA have toward college sports. They are sports fans. But their feelings about about college sports ranges from indifferent to hostile.

I don't think that's the case in the B1G and the SEC. It seems in those states, lots of regular folks take pride in their state uni's and their teams. Does anybody have any data on this?

When SC & UCLA are winning, SoCalers get on the bandwagon. But they hop off just as quickly. NorCal has no Stanfurd fans worth mentioning. I think Cal has a huge, latent fanbase. But they've been traumatized. So they're unwilling to invest the emotional energy only to be let down again.
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fyght4Cal said:

I am amazed at the attitudes some non-college grads in CA have toward college sports. They are sports fans. But their feelings about about college sports ranges from indifferent to hostile.

I don't think that's the case in the B1G and the SEC. It seems in those states, lots of regular folks take pride in their state uni's and their teams. Does anybody have any data on this?

When SC & UCLA are winning, SoCalers get on the bandwagon. But they hop off just as quickly. NorCal has no Stanfurd fans worth mentioning. I think Cal has a huge, latent fanbase. But they've been traumatized. So they're unwilling to invest the emotional energy only to be let down again.

With the Raiders in Vegas and the Niners in Santa Clara, I do think there will he an opportunity to grow the Cal fanbase.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.