Antonio Brown

4,286 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

bearister
I wonder if he is getting in shape to run those 11 yard routes favored by Derek Carr?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
KenBurnski
Surely the marketing department will leverage this into some meaningful exchange that helps us win the next fifteen Rosebowls.

Edit: oh. Nevermind. They said hello back. Sweet.
irvinebear
Maybe he can teach our WRs a thing or two.
85Bear
Does he have any college eligibility left?
philbert
https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Antonio-Brown-has-been-gallivanting-around-cal-13739533.php
okaydo
Serious question: What if Brown injures himself with Cal's trainers and equipment?

Is Cal liable?

Does he have to sign a waiver to work out?

KenBurnski
Wilcox labels it a lower body injury and we never hear about him again.
Big C
bearister said:

I wonder if he is getting in shape to run those 11 yard routes favored by Derek Carr?
He came to the right place to practice those.
PtownBear1
Pretty awesome that one of the best players in the NFL is providing free publicity for Cal. I definitely like AB a lot more now...
25To20
I have some questions about all this. The pictures show AB lifting in the Cal weight room. In one pic there is someone, presumably a Cal coach assisting. Between the use of the facilities, and the assistance of a Cal coach, it is as though AB is being given some perks or compensation by Cal. If he then works out on the football field against our DB's during a player organized practice, could that be interpreted under NCAA rules as coaching that is not allowed outside of designated spring, fall, or in-season practice times? What if he works out on the field with our receivers, and offers them tips and shows them techniques? I would hate for something as innocuous as an Antonio Brown workout at Cal to be something that raises an NCAA violation.

Sebastabear
25To20 said:

I have some questions about all this. The pictures show AB lifting in the Cal weight room. In one pic there is someone, presumably a Cal coach assisting. Between the use of the facilities, and the assistance of a Cal coach, it is as though AB is being given some perks or compensation by Cal. If he then works out on the football field against our DB's during a player organized practice, could that be interpreted under NCAA rules as coaching that is not allowed outside of designated spring, fall, or in-season practice times? What if he works out on the field with our receivers, and offers them tips and shows them techniques? I would hate for something as innocuous as an Antonio Brown workout at Cal to be something that raises an NCAA violation.

If the NCAA picked that up and I were Cal I'd issue a daily press release captioned "Meanwhile at USC . . . " wherein I would outline all of the known crimes SC's athletic department had committed in the past 6 months that the NCAA was doing nothing about.
superbear99
Well known and publicized that former Stanford players work out in Stanford gyms. Must be permissible.....maybe as long as he doesnt buy a player a bottle of water or something.
CaliforniaEternal
25To20 said:

AB is not a Cal employee so he can play pickup games with whomever he chooses. Cal is also free to allow anyone the use of their facilities. So I wouldn't worry about NCAA violations for this type of thing.
bearister
CaliforniaEternal said:

...AB is not a Cal employee so he can play pickup games with whomever he chooses. Cal is also free to allow anyone the use of their facilities. So I wouldn't worry about NCAA violations for this type of thing.

Your post has triggered an ancient memory. More than 40 years ago one of my buddies that played hoop for O'Dowd was playing in a pick up game in the school gym and Reggie Jackson was on the other team. My friend stupidly needled Mr. October by saying to him, "You're not shooting the ball that well today, Reggie, are you." To which Reggie responded, "Why don't we play the next game for $10,000." My friend declined.
Shortly thereafter, whoever was in charge of the gym told Reggie that he could not play because there was insurance issues. Reggie replied, "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" Apparently it didn't matter because they kicked his pompous a$$ out of the gym anyway.
The last time that story came to mind was when Reese Witherspoon got pulled over for DUI and said something similar to the policeman that pulled her over.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.