How should we as Cal fans feel about Tiger winning the masters?

8,446 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by okaydo
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tiger is the greatest golfer known to man, inspiring awe from Trump and Obama.

I know it's wrong, but we must all wear red this week in his honor.

Star this post if you agree.
Sebastabear
okaydo said:

Again, I would really like to be able to give negative stars to things. This post would definitely qualify.
cal83dls79
touchdownbears43 said:

Hard to see past the infidelity, drunk driving, and the opiate/sex addictions.
boy, we have become so puritanical. Our president only passed 1 of those 3 litmus tests. That said I still can't stand him but I respect his greatness. Was rooting for Molanari. Heck of a tournament
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
OdontoBear66
Sebastabear said:

okaydo said:

Again, I would really like to be able to give negative stars to things. This post would definitely qualify.
Aw, c'mon Sebastabear, I'm not a fan of his behavior in the past, but what he has done after the rehab he has been through, combined with the level of competition he faces is an unbelievable athletic feat. At least give him credit for that, like him or not.

Funny watching a bunch of old white men in plaids and stripes going crazy over the event. Yes, times have improved tremendously in my life.
okaydo
Sebastabear said:

okaydo said:

Ah, hopefully, it was apparent that I was just kidding. But I once was a poster on a site that allowed for "negging" and boy, was it horrible.
okaydo
My thoughts on Tiger:

--As a fellow Hapa who's a couple years younger than him, I was glad to see him succeed.

--It's cool I guess to see a comeback story.

--I slept through his victory. That's how much I cared.

--I really don't care either way.

--Booing Tiger in 2009, and the small but outraged media coverage of it for 4 days afterwards, that people would actually boo the Saintly Tiger Woods, will always be the best.
hanky1
okaydo said:

Done
cal83dls79
okaydo said:

My thoughts on Tiger:

--As a fellow Hapa who's a couple years younger than him, I was glad to see him succeed.

--It's cool I guess to see a comeback story.

--I slept through his victory. That's how much I cared.

--I really don't care either way.

--Booing Tiger in 2009, and the small but outraged media coverage of it for 4 days afterwards, that people would actually boo the Saintly Tiger Woods, will always be the best.
mahalo for your poignant analysis. Had no idea what "Hapa" meant . Know any dudes at EJC? Pm me. See ya
LodeBear
tiger is still a jerk and a sex pervert big deal if he is half asian. i would disown him anyway. call me whatever you want, but tiger disgraced the asian side of me. I don't know how his kids want to be around him, but maybe money talks since he is the #1 money winner professional golfer.
cal83dls79
LodeBear said:

tiger is still a jerk and a sex pervert big deal if he is half asian. i would disown him anyway. call me whatever you want, but tiger disgraced the asian side of me. I don't know how his kids want to be around him, but maybe money talks since he is the #1 money winner professional golfer.
he disgraced my Asian side too. I think I am .0007 per cent Asian. Really?? I thought he handled himself well and gave credit to his entire team and family. This puritanical thing is really silly
bearister
His father psychologically abused him like Michael Jackson's father did to him. Tiger ended up deprived of a normal childhood so he became a man with the emotional maturity of a 14 year old boy. At least he dealt with consenting adults instead of being a predator of innocent children. This does not excuse Tiger's conduct but rather makes it understandable and predictable. Maybe he has learned something and is working towards becoming a better man.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Sebastabear
okaydo said:

Sebastabear said:

okaydo said:

Ah, hopefully, it was apparent that I was just kidding. But I once was a poster on a site that allowed for "negging" and boy, was it horrible.
I have many faults but an inability to read attempts at humor as . . . well . . . "attempts at humor" is not one of them. So to be clear, I want to downvote the suggestion we all wear red in honor of the Furd and Tiger for a week, which again knowing your style was the exact reaction your hoped/expected with your post. I was basically agreeing with you.
cal83dls79
What I think in this whole discussion is a big miss . So remember when Nantz tried to elicit tears from Tiger? Referring to his Dad, his son and stuff, almost breaking down himself. Tiger didn't budge. No gushing. Classic Rinaldi tactic but it backfired. Now Faldo did lose it earlier but frankly those two did not look like buds in the cabin. Cabin tear fail.
cal83dls79
MilleniaBear said:

Did you guys watch the final round? Woods hit one DEEP in the woods and while bounding around in the woods with the gallery it mysteriously shot over towards the fairway. Didn't make it that far and Tiger had to play from the trees anyway. The commentator even noted that Tiger's ball might have been assisted towards the fairway by the fans. Very uncool.

I think TW is a repulsive individual and have enjoyed his fall from grace since that Big Game. Go Bears!
and the government suppresses reports of alien abductions
ColoradoBear
cal83dls79 said:

MilleniaBear said:

Did you guys watch the final round? Woods hit one DEEP in the woods and while bounding around in the woods with the gallery it mysteriously shot over towards the fairway. Didn't make it that far and Tiger had to play from the trees anyway. The commentator even noted that Tiger's ball might have been assisted towards the fairway by the fans. Very uncool.

I think TW is a repulsive individual and have enjoyed his fall from grace since that Big Game. Go Bears!
and the government suppresses reports of alien abductions

The truth is out there:

Cal Strong!
Tiger WEAK . . . like stanfurd. He too weak to go to Cal . . . too weak to live in Egypt . . . to weak to respect women.

Cal Strong will shirtfront Tiger if he ever see him. Teach him what true strength is.

Cal not weak . . . Cal STRONG!
Cal89
Another Bear said:

Get on the bandwagon now! P*ssygrabers unite!

Seriously, the Presidential Medal of Freedom for golf? I suppose it's par for the course...but man it sure cheapen the presidency and the Medal of Freedom to give it out frivolously and without serious merit.
Unfortunately for some, that is what the award has become... They are given-out for music, the arts, sports and the like, besides the more obvious or expected. Just the sheer volume of winners alone is amazing and can devalue such recognition. The prior president awarded 123 of these. Trump has already done 8...

A major victory at 43 is pretty damn impressive. I wasn't pulling for him, but that was greatness, IMO.
bearister
You can say a lot of negative things about Tiger that are true, I'm just not sure "weak" is one of them.
tigertim
Never understood the Tiger hate. Who cares if he cheated on his wife. So have innumerable other professional athletes. And his opiate addiction should inspire sympathy, not contempt.
stanfurdbites
DGAF
txwharfrat
okaydo said:

Haaaaaaaaaiiiiiiilllll No.
82gradDLSdad
MilleniaBear said:

You don't think Arnie's army kept their hands in their pockets when Arnie launched one into the trees, do you?
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

$22MILLION putt: How two seconds in Tiger Woods' Masters profited Nike

https://mol.im/a/6923057

*You will see our pole vaulter in one of the photos

Damnit, Ricky Fowler. Lucky *******. On a related note, Tiger certainly can't be accused of going after a trophy girlfriend. Maybe he's turned a corner. Although what's his fascination with females from the restaurant services industry?
Cal Strong!
Tiger WEAK!
Bobodeluxe
Golf
Oski87
82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

Damnit, Ricky Fowler. Lucky *******. On a related note, Tiger certainly can't be accused of going after a trophy girlfriend. Maybe he's turned a corner. Although what's his fascination with females from the restaurant services industry?
Well, no matter what you say about him....he wore the same shirt he wore in 1997? When he was 22? Pretty good for an old guy.

But who cares - the best and only thing I care about regarding Tiger is the epic fail after we chased him off the field. Once you go through that....who cares if he eventually comes back up. No matter what, Cal won. 10 years of ignomy and idiocy thanks...all the while with his new statue in the Furd hall of fame...hilarious.
Cal8285
Oski87 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

Well, no matter what you say about him....he wore the same shirt he wore in 1997? When he was 22? Pretty good for an old guy.

But who cares - the best and only thing I care about regarding Tiger is the epic fail after we chased him off the field. Once you go through that....who cares if he eventually comes back up. No matter what, Cal won. 10 years of ignomy and idiocy thanks...all the while with his new statue in the Furd hall of fame...hilarious.

My favorite Tiger quote EVER: "The second half is OURS!!" HA!! And LSJU was winning at halftime!! They didn't need to win the second half, just hold on to the lead, what a dolt!! But his words put the game in the bag for the Bears.

And we flustered the guy so much, he got careless and sloppy and let his wife find out about his affairs, six days later she's bashing his car and him with a golf club, and it takes him well over 9 years to win another major.

Don't try to screw with Cal, or you'll get screwed, especially if you've been screwing around yourself.
82gradDLSdad
Cal8285 said:

Oski87 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

My favorite Tiger quote EVER: "The second half is OURS!!" HA!! And LSJU was winning at halftime!! They didn't need to win the second half, just hold on to the lead, what a dolt!! But his words put the game in the bag for the Bears.

And we flustered the guy so much, he got careless and sloppy and let his wife find out about his affairs, six days later she's bashing his car and him with a golf club, and it takes him well over 9 years to win another major.

Don't try to screw with Cal, or you'll get screwed, especially if you've been screwing around yourself.

Yes. I think Tiger got touched by a little of the Cal sports karma. It's the ***** of *****es. Don't f with Cal unless you want the losing streak of losing streaks.
Bobodeluxe
I got your freedom
BearSD
AunBear89
GBear4Life said:

Tiger's ex was well compensated for his sexcapades. What woman wouldn't put up with a decade of infidelity for a $250 million severance package

I'm sure quite few would take a hard pass. But you do you, pig.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
joe amos yaks
Tiger gets a "Presidential Medal of Freedom"?
Good grief. The POTUS lives in a distorted World where tzchit = shinola.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
bluehenbear
Never forget...

bearister
joe amos yaks said:

tRump is the D Bag of the Solar System but why would I criticize him for this?

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/2019/05/07/athletes-awarded-presidential-medal-freedom/1123817001/
Cal8285
bearister said:

joe amos yaks said:

tRump is the D Bag of the Solar System but why would I criticize him for this?

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/2019/05/07/athletes-awarded-presidential-medal-freedom/1123817001/
Really? I don't care if it is Obama or Trump or Nixon or Reagan or Clinton or Carter or Mother Teresa giving Tiger the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Anyone gets criticized for giving a D Bag furd a Presidential Medal of Freedom. Tiger is a furd, do we really need to go any further to criticize Trump for his actions in this case?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.